The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Is synopticity when you link your essay to other parts of the spec? Or other parts within the same unit? Or both?
Reply 2481
Original post by BeeBee2710
Have you all only done 3 topics? I have done Tectonics, Climate, Cities and Development, which is a bit annoying that we won't answer anything on one of them, but equally allows for one horrible question we can ignore!
I have done Ecosystems, development, conflict and tectonics, I glad I did 4 though. That way if one is a really horrible question I can just leave it and pick a different topic!
Original post by ArsenalBen
Is synopticity when you link your essay to other parts of the spec? Or other parts within the same unit? Or both?

Yes linking topics together and bringing in geographical topics such as rivers, glaciers ext. good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cannot wait for this exam to be over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idk_ben
I have done Ecosystems, development, conflict and tectonics, I glad I did 4 though. That way if one is a really horrible question I can just leave it and pick a different topic!

Yeah, I agree. There are some parts of cities I'm not confident with, so if they come up I can choose another which is a nice relief!
Reply 2485
In the previous tectonic essays where they ask about seimic events, in the mark schemes theres never been anything on tsunamis and just merely focuses on earthquakes? does that mean we dont really need to include them?
Reply 2486
I think I've hit the revision 'brick will'. Think I might just lay in bed with my case study revision cards :smile: After all the build up to this exam, I'm looking forward to our reactions after the exam!
Reply 2487
Original post by Gary
In the previous tectonic essays where they ask about seimic events, in the mark schemes theres never been anything on tsunamis and just merely focuses on earthquakes? does that mean we dont really need to include them?

Unless your case study has an in-built tsunami -> not necessary
Original post by St. Brynjar
Yeah, you could get a 40 marker about how possible it is to solve poverty, or even a 10 marker on one scheme.

Yeah but they don't ask you whether attempt to solve poverty have been successful to they? It's not on the specification...
Reply 2489
Original post by joereed
I think I've hit the revision 'brick will'. Think I might just lay in bed with my case study revision cards :smile: After all the build up to this exam, I'm looking forward to our reactions after the exam!

lol, we'll end up with questions like

Using your knowledge of hotspots, explain why Mount Olympus on Mars is many times bigger than Earth's hostpots
I am so screwed for this exam...
Original post by joereed

Probably not a bad idea! I'm finishing notes on retail, the brown agenda and international conflict then heading for an early(ish) night.
Reply 2492
Original post by maxbillson
Yeah but they don't ask you whether attempt to solve poverty have been successful to they? It's not on the specification...

They could ask

Evaluate the methods that have been used to mitigate poverty on an international scale (10 marks)

Would hate it as have done hardly anything on poverty though"
Reply 2493
Original post by cheese-lemming
I am so screwed for this exam...

join the club bro lol
Original post by maxbillson

Probably not but it's worth knowing just in case! MDGs, investment in poorer countires, individuals and bottom-up schemes is what I have on poverty.
Reply 2495
Anyone got any synopticity points for the essay for tectonics, ecosystems, cities or g&d?
Original post by Axion
anyopne have an exam tomorrow morning :s-smilie:?

Yes got general studies :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2497
Original post by Axion
redevelopment or regeneration

LOL

LOL doesn't that narrow it down to everything? :tongue:
Original post by AW94
Anyone got any synopticity points for the essay for tectonics, ecosystems, cities or g&d?

The essays are sort of designed to be synoptic in general, so don't worry about artificially putting synoptic points in, the chief examiners aren't keen on that. Just try and focus on scale and where possible contrasting areas of the world.
Reply 2499
Original post by JLXP
I would LOVE a question on TNC's i could write for hours and hours. I think you're right about urban processes, that would be quite easy i think though, the urban processes seem reasonably self explanatory to me

yeah i'd be happy with either one of them tbh :tongue: why did you get negged? :confused: i repped you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending