The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
My estimate of grade boundaries is 58/59 for an A, anyone any suggestions ?:holmes:
Original post by Nathan@
My estimate of grade boundaries is 58/59 for an A, anyone any suggestions ?:holmes:

Too high IMO. 55. Its hardly that high for easy Unit 1 June paper, let alone a medium difficulty Unit 2 June Paper
Reply 922
Original post by Nathan@

its never been that high for unit 2, it was the same difficulty as jan 13 so I would say 56 A
Reply 923
Original post by GCSE-help
Too high IMO. 55. Its hardly that high for easy Unit 1 June paper, let alone a medium difficulty Unit 2 June Paper

Wait, you think that this exam was harder than the unit 1 ?
I think that initially this paper seemed all right and most of the answers i put were right, then you realise that there were a lot of trick questions that could catch you out so imo i agree with the above 55 should be an A
Reply 925
56-58
Original post by Nathan@
Wait, you think that this exam was harder than the unit 1 ?

Haha no, but I'm saying even easy Unit 1 papers nromally have grade boundaries below 59.So its unlikely that a medium Unit 2 paper like this one will be 59.
Reply 927
Haha no, but I'm saying even easy Unit 1 papers nromally have grade boundaries below 59.So its unlikely that a medium Unit 2 paper like this one will be 59.

Oh PHEW!!! :colondollar:
Reply 928
Really? 59 for an A? I thought it was harder than jan 13 paper...anyone? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 929

I have to say edexcel are unpredictable bastards, for unit 4 it was a medium difficulty paper and the highest grade boundaries for that was 55 for an A and this year they increased each grade by 10 so it was something like 61 for an A and a 54 was a C grade...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by a10
I have to say edexcel are unpredictable bastards, for unit 4 it was a medium difficulty paper and the highest grade boundaries for that was 55 for an A and this year they increased each grade by 10 so it was something like 61 for an A and a 54 was a C grade...

Hmm yeah you always get the odd shocker but mostly things stay normal. It's always good when there are some hard questions too, and this paper has that last question which people are still undecided over :colondollar:
Reply 931
Guys, weird question not really quoting an answer just making it up but say someone writes resistance goes up and says that I is proportional to A from the equation I=NqvA but the mark scheme says that 1 mark for getting resistance goes down and 1 mark for saying I is proportional to A or ref to I=NQVA

would 1 mark BE GIVEN OR NOT?:hmmmm2:
Reply 932
Original post by a10

its true this year it was 64 for an A and the highest unit 4 boundary i saw was 56 but lets hope unit 2 wont be the same
Just need some physics genius to confirm the answer for the last question. Anyone know if they can get some proper confirmation from anywhere?
Was the gradient for the V I graph negative or positive?????
Original post by Mo_maths

Negative. At least I hope so.
Reply 936
Original post by Mo_maths

negative
The efficiency question in multiple choice is mgh/VIt It's in a book I have.

efficiency of power output= Pout/Pin

Pout=mgh/t
Pin=IV

combining the two gives mgh/VIt

the experiment raises a mass a certain height and it's GPE calculated
Original post by ALevel96
The efficiency question in multiple choice is mgh/VIt It's in a book I have.

efficiency of power output= Pout/Pin

Pout=mgh/t
Pin=IV

combining the two gives mgh/VIt

the experiment raises a mass a certain height and it's GPE calculated

But the useful energy was the kinetic energy of the mass being raised, not the gravitational potential energy.
Reply 939
Original post by CharlieTT
But the useful energy was the kinetic energy of the mass being raised, not the gravitational potential energy.

but V was constant so u mean lifting it 200 Meters and lifting it 1 meter would give same usefull power output ?

Latest

Trending

Trending