The Student Room Group

OCR A2 English Literature 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loni
Aw no! :frown:
Surely ocr aren't THAT horrible though...we'll have to hope haha

They're more concerned with your application of the criticism than your ability to remember names/quotes, I believe.

The specification says "well-informed and effectively detailed exploration of different readings of text" and that's band 6. You just have to apply it correctly, rather than get the names etc right. :smile:
HI for section B of the lit exam i did the question on love and corruption for the wife of bath and the rivals....... did anyone do that question?
these are the points i wrote about:

-marriage and how it illustartes male dominance and soveritghty over the younger genration

-both lydia and the wifes views love and how theryre views are corrupted

-male doninated society and how both womens views are unrelaistic

-the discredtion of men such as faulkand and the kinight in the tale whom are corrupted.

if anyone else did this q what points did you write...id like to know???
for section A i did the Tempest and i worte about caliban and how shakespeare illustartes him as anoutcast but he still shaers human like qualtites.

- colonisation

-class hiearchy

-different types of power, illustarted by stepahno and prosperos soverighty over caliban

*did anyone do this question....if you did please tell me what points u added...id really like to know :smile:
for section A i did the Tempest and i worte about caliban and how shakespeare illustartes him as anoutcast but he still shaers human like qualtites.

- colonisation

-class hiearchy

-different types of power, illustarted by stepahno and prosperos soverighty over caliban

*did anyone do this question....if you did please tell me what points u added...id really like to know
Original post by hellokitty12345
HI for section B of the lit exam i did the question on love and corruption for the wife of bath and the rivals....... did anyone do that question?

-marriage and how it illustartes male dominance and soveritghty over the younger genration

-both lydia and the wifes views love and how theryre views are corrupted

-male doninated society and how both womens views are unrelaistic

-the discredtion of men such as faulkand and the kinight in the tale whom are corrupted.

if anyone else did this q what points did you write...id like to know???

I don't want to unnecessarily freak you out, but are you talking about the question that was 'Power inevitably leads to corruption'... or was there one about love and corruption that I missed out? If you meant power and corruption then I did that one and ughhhhhh. I wrote about:
- Sir Anthony's fake feudal power leading to hypocrisy and the Wife's trying to take on male authorities (which is a really crap link because I forgot I was going to link it to the hypocrisy of the Church!! argh)
- Power leading to Jack and Alysoun's deceit/manipulation
- Equality of power in the Tale and sort of in Julia (the worst paragraph ever, oh my god, it's literally just quotes and critics and me being like 'so clearly this shows that she's trying to have a balance of power in her relationship' oh god)

But I did Lear in Section A and it was amazing - exactly the questions I wanted, so hopefully my mark in that section will pull my overall grade up *crosses fingers*
Original post by cornflaked
I don't want to unnecessarily freak you out, but are you talking about the question that was 'Power inevitably leads to corruption'... or was there one about love and corruption that I missed out? If you meant power and corruption then I did that one and ughhhhhh. I wrote about:
- Sir Anthony's fake feudal power leading to hypocrisy and the Wife's trying to take on male authorities (which is a really crap link because I forgot I was going to link it to the hypocrisy of the Church!! argh)
- Power leading to Jack and Alysoun's deceit/manipulation
- Equality of power in the Tale and sort of in Julia (the worst paragraph ever, oh my god, it's literally just quotes and critics and me being like 'so clearly this shows that she's trying to have a balance of power in her relationship' oh god)

But I did Lear in Section A and it was amazing - exactly the questions I wanted, so hopefully my mark in that section will pull my overall grade up *crosses fingers*

soz i meant power and corruption.... the question itself said how do the writers explore concepts of power and corruption, so i talked about ways power and corruption was used both texts...thats what i meant. because u can talk about it together and individually
Original post by hellokitty12345
soz i meant power and corruption.... the question itself said how do the writers explore concepts of power and corruption, so i talked about ways power and corruption was used both texts...thats what i meant. because u can talk about it together and individually

Oh okay, cool, haha, I just misunderstood you :smile:
Reply 467
my mind went completely blank in this exam and i ended up writing complete shxt. so upset because i've definitely limited the grade i can get now. i also found the king lear questions quite difficult but that's probably just me
Reply 468
Original post by romahen
my mind went completely blank in this exam and i ended up writing complete shxt. so upset because i've definitely limited the grade i can get now. i also found the king lear questions quite difficult but that's probably just me

don't worry it's not just you :smile: I did the one on suffering/hope and had a tough time. it was so random that I struggle to remember what I wrote!
Original post by romahen

I totally ****ed this up as well, don't worry, you aren't alone. I've drowned my sorrows in Dr.Pepper and Daft Punk, highly recommended. Just focus on your next exam, there's not much else you can do now.
Original post by studentr00msucks
Well like he says you need 90% in the two A2 modules, that's 180/200 UMS. If you have the full 80 UMS for your coursework, you need to get 100/120 UMS in today's exam. The A boundary is 96, so you need a pretty low A to get an overall A*.

I'm pretty sure getting a high A at AS has no bearing on whether or not you get an A* overall.

I think it does because it contributes to the overall grade but thank you anyway, that's helpful :smile:
Reply 471
it's so weird I've almost completely forgotten what I wrote in this exam... i cant even remember if it went terribly or alright....i think i was so traumatized at seeing those king Lear questions i blocked it from my memory.
Original post by butchh
LOL I did that, it was a really weird question!

haha, how did you find it?

I think my main problem is my argument was really poorly structured, and I'm not sure I did enough for AO2 / AO3...

hopefully my section B makes up for it!
Reply 473
Original post by romahen
At least you tried, there were at least 5 people in my exam who opened it saw the questions in both sections and barely wrote a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 474
For King Lear, if you write about how he may have used cannon balls rolling across stage as a dramatic effect of the storm scene, does that go towards AO2 or AO4...?
Reply 475
Original post by medicdude
Did you mention the consequences of the pursuit of pleasure? How did you analyse those? also, what were your points?

Not really as the question was about power and corruption? or was I meant to include that aswell :s-smilie:
Felt good about that exam. Hopefully I managed to get 100 UMS which would get me the A* grade that I have been studying so hard for :rave:

Also it feels weird that from this moment on I will never have to write an english literature essay again.
Original post by faz10420
For King Lear, if you write about how he may have used cannon balls rolling across stage as a dramatic effect of the storm scene, does that go towards AO2 or AO4...?

AO4 because it's contextual knowledge :smile:
Reply 478
I did the innocence question and we had Tis pity shes a whore and Paradise lost but my teacher said it's okay if you in your argument make it specific so I did in the sense that innocent only applies to female characters, and then talked about female innocence. think that I'll be okay?
Reply 479
Original post by cmargerison
They're more concerned with your application of the criticism than your ability to remember names/quotes, I believe.

The specification says "well-informed and effectively detailed exploration of different readings of text" and that's band 6. You just have to apply it correctly, rather than get the names etc right. :smile:

Yeah that makes more sense! I saw my teacher today when I went in for my general studies exam and asked him about it and he said "its neither here nor there really so don't worry" :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending