The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emah123
did you not sleep at all?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vdoto
I had english yesterday too, only managed to go over everything but the case studies last night, so have to do the rest now. Really wish it wasn't the next day.

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2582

well im sure it will pay off! but you shouldve slept atleast 2 hours, youve been revsing for ages and always give amazing anwers to people on here!
please please please don't be on vulcanicity! if extrusive landforms come up I am screwed :frown: is the conflict 40 marker likely to be on separatism/poverty/international conflict?
Reply 2584
can any one give me an simple short explanation of Palaeomagnetism please?
Reply 2585
Destined to flop
Original post by LS95
can any one give me an simple short explanation of Palaeomagnetism please?

erm magnetic domains within iron rich minerals in the lava aligning with the magnetic field of the earth, recording its polarity at the time of cooling. However, as the polarity of the earth reverses every 400,000 years, stripes of new normal and reverse polarity rocks are being added at equal distance and symmetrically on either side of the mid atlantic ridge, evidencing the spreading and creation of new oceanic crust as it gets older moving away from the ridge. <<< sorry thats not really of best standards
What sort of questions do you guys think are likely to come up on countries at low levels of economic development? I'm not sure what stuff to learn for this topic.

Also I'm assuming it's a given that there won't be a question on economic vs environmental sustainability, given that it turned up last year?
Hi guys, good luck for today, I didn't get much sleep either!

Can someone please explain the difference between management and responses for me? Thanks x
Good luck everyone - I'm sure you'll all ace it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2590
Special points for anyone that can answer this, which I think may come up for weather and climate:

Describe and explain the role of planetary surface winds in regards to distributing energy. (8 Marks)
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Hi guys, good luck for today, I didn't get much sleep either!

Can someone please explain the difference between management and responses for me? Thanks x

I think if it says management AFTER/FOLLOWING, you can say the responses like aid and stuff..
If it says just management techniques of a hazard in the area, then like planning/preparation/prediction, the things before
Reply 2592
Ok probably last question from me, if the tectonic essay was about vulcanicity, and if you explain where they occur and how e.g constructive plate boundaries, would you explain how earthquakes occur at these margins as well even though the question doesn't ask about seismicity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2593
Original post by Gary
Ok probably last question from me, if the tectonic essay was about vulcanicity, and if you explain where they occur and how e.g constructive plate boundaries, would you explain how earthquakes occur at these margins as well even though the question doesn't ask about seismicity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i think it would be good to mention it, as it shows a wide range of knowledge, but make sure the focus is on volcanoes as that is what the question is asking for. Good luck!
Reply 2594
Which plates caused the Montserrat Volcano eruptions?
Reply 2595
Original post by MSUddin

North American subducting under Caribbean
Reply 2596
Original post by MSUddin

It was the Caribbean and North American plates. With the Atlantic subducting underneath the Caribbean.
Reply 2597
Mt Etna was formed on a destructive plate boundary, in my notes i've written that it emits basaltic lava....idk or can't remember why, but is this one of the rare cases that basaltic lava is found at a destructive boundary and not constructive or just my error?
Reply 2598
For a question about partnership schemes in urban areas could you talk about Greenwich Millennium Village?
^ Yes

Quick Reply

Latest