The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student08
Do you think i will be able to get all my maths revision done in 4 days?? :confused:

yeah you should do, depending on how long you revise for? :colondollar:
Reply 161
Both AQA and Edexcel have their maths exams on the same days, so are you sure this for Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by Captain Anonymous
I'm better at the calculator paper as well, I average around 79-82 in the non calculator and around 86 in the calculator

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's much better than me. On average I get around 48-55 on the non-calculator paper. It's really annoying!
Reply 163
Original post by m4ths/maths247
I never like to predict what is going to be on the paper.
I appreciate students like to know though!

With my pupils sitting them exam I am going to find what I believe are 100 of the more challenging A and A* questions and get them to see how many they can get and email me the answers.

Revision should be suited to you whether that is past papers, books, study groups, parental/teacher support, videos or a chat forum.

I would say though there is a difference between revision and needing to learn a topic and from experience some students could spend more time grasping the understanding of a topic (or two) instead of just hoping they get the past paper question right or it doesn't come up!

I am up to 2 questions out of the 100 so far and will write some nasty ones:devil::devil::devil: to really push the A/A* students.

hi I have subscribed to your YouTube channel, but I was wondering if you can send me some of the A/A* questions,
Original post by Captain Anonymous
yeah you should do, depending on how long you revise for? :colondollar:

Yeah im doing all nighters lol, i really desperately want an A, and from my past mock papers, i only just about get into a B... Im so nervous:eek::s-smilie:
But seriously though, is it possible to get an A overall if you get all your revision done in 4 days?? with minimum revision i usually get 54-60 on each paper..so what do you guys think??:frown:
But seriously though, is it possible to get an A overall if you get all your revision done in 4 days?? with minimum revision i usually get 54-60 on each paper..so what do you guys think??:frown:
Is it weird I do better on the non-calculator than on the calculator? On average around 95+ marks on the non-calculator and 90+ on the calculator... Ahhh I need an A* for this. Otherwise my teacher will be really disappointed. :frown: How's everyone revising?
Reply 168
Can anyone give me some rough grade boundaries for A*, A and B? Thanks guys
Reply 169
Original post by lolface32
It was just a mistake

Just checking lol... It's quite a big difference... But anyway, what topics are you revising?
A*- 164
A- 138
B-99

These were the grade boundaries for the March 2013 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Baking goddess
A*- 164
A- 138
B-99

These were the grade boundaries for the March 2013 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems pretty low, don't you think?
Original post by victoria98
Is it weird I do better on the non-calculator than on the calculator? On average around 95+ marks on the non-calculator and 90+ on the calculator... Ahhh I need an A* for this. Otherwise my teacher will be really disappointed. :frown: How's everyone revising?

Past Papers, and like doing random questions! what about you?
Yes, I have for you.
Good luck.

If you can, can you send it to me too?
Reply 175
Has anyone else made use of the zig-zag papers?
Reply 176
Yes, I have for you.
Good luck.

Sorry to be a pain but could you maybe send me some via PM too? Thankyou :smile:
Reply 177
Ok, heres some advice that i suggest you listen carefully to. Dont use mymaths is my #1 top tip. Secondly, there is no such thing as over revising. As long as you drink water and eat good food you'll be ok to revise in 1 hour stints, taking 1 hour breaks in between each session. Do this about 8 times a day if your serious about your grades.

I suggest going through the maths 24/7 playlist of 100 A-A* Questions. I do for about 3 hours/day. Then use edexcelpastpapers.tk and do as many of those as you can.I reccomend about 4 per day if you havent got any other subjects to revise for.

If youre revising for other subjects, do about 2 papers/day.

Also, the whole thing about aiming for B grades is rubbish. If you're sitting the higher paper, why limit yourself? Revise like you want an a*, and come results day, you'll be ridiculing the fact that you EVER aimed for a B grade. Good luck team!
Reply 178
Guys, I've done so much revision for this exam. The only thing which I'm struggling with is perpendicular lines (A-A* questions) and sin, cos and tan graphs. I've search youtube a bit, does anyone know of any good tutorials for this subjects? Thank you.
Reply 179
Original post by organism
Ok, heres some advice that i suggest you listen carefully to. Dont use mymaths is my #1 top tip. Secondly, there is no such thing as over revising. As long as you drink water and eat good food you'll be ok to revise in 1 hour stints, taking 1 hour breaks in between each session. Do this about 8 times a day if your serious about your grades.

I suggest going through the maths 24/7 playlist of 100 A-A* Questions. I do for about 3 hours/day. Then use edexcelpastpapers.tk and do as many of those as you can.I reccomend about 4 per day if you havent got any other subjects to revise for.

If youre revising for other subjects, do about 2 papers/day.

Also, the whole thing about aiming for B grades is rubbish. If you're sitting the higher paper, why limit yourself? Revise like you want an a*, and come results day, you'll be ridiculing the fact that you EVER aimed for a B grade. Good luck team!

loool.You have the right attitude.A bit keen though :smile:

I sat these papers in november last year and got an a overall.I am resitting now and aiming for an a*.I am not that concerned about it though as i did the march series and ended up getting 181/200.I have been doing aditional (a-level) maths so this seems very easy now :smile:

Overall i suggest that you do the pass papers of this spec as last time i did like all the 2003-2011 papers but the paper we got was slightly different.This is because it some questions are now meant to be 'practical' thanks to GOVE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending