The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Cardiff Met 2013 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by anghararad
same, I visited the glyntaff halls and didn't like them at all! so ill be looking at some of the private ones :smile:

Have you looked at the Liberty Living halls Allensbank house??? Im currently living there finishing my first year of uni. The staff are really helpful and its a great location for both Llandaff and Cyncoed campuses.

This is the link below with contact details if you'd like to book a viewing. They have a show room up and running if you would like a look.

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/student-accommodation/cardiff/liberty-house/contact
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by hrf
Im not eligible for halls as I live too close! Well, about 20 miles :/ which is silly as I can't drive. :frown:

You are eligable for halls. I'm from the valleys (Blackwood) which is 21 miles from Cardiff. Im in my first year of uni at Cardiff Met, staying at Liberty Living, Allensbank House halls.

They have a show room up and running if you'd like to take a look, and you can book it there and then instead of going through the uni process of halls allocation. Here is the link below with their contact details. Hope it helps and good like with your first year :smile:

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/student-accommodation/cardiff/liberty-house/contact
Original post by ActuallyRSE
Hey Guys!

I've firmed my unconditional offer for Events Management starting September. :smile:.
What's everyone else studying?

I've got a conditional for Events Management! :smile:
Reply 83
I live in Swansea and I've applied for Plas Gwyn - there's been nothing to say that I'm not eligible or anything (I applied for halls the first day it was open for applications). And I'm going to be studying Events Management.
1 question - it says on UCAS our start date is the 16th September, is Freshers before or after that date?
Reply 84
Original post by zoej-w
I live in Swansea and I've applied for Plas Gwyn - there's been nothing to say that I'm not eligible or anything (I applied for halls the first day it was open for applications). And I'm going to be studying Events Management.
1 question - it says on UCAS our start date is the 16th September, is Freshers before or after that date?

Freshers is that week, the same week we have week one welcome, welcome to the campus & 2 welcome to course days :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anghararad
Speech and Language therapy in llandaf :-)
anyone staying at halls in the area?

I'll be studying at the Llandaff campus, my 4 choices for halls are
1. Victoria - Deluxe
2. Victoria - Semi Deluxe
3. Victoria - Standard
4. Plas - Standard

Hoping for one of my 1st 2 choices! Any you have in mind? :smile:
guys if you have not already, join the Cardiff Metropolitan University freshers group https://www.facebook.com/groups/114284115432268/
Original post by ActuallyRSE
Hey Guys!

I've firmed my unconditional offer for Events Management starting September. :smile:.
What's everyone else studying?

I'm hopefully doing Event's Management at Cardiff Met also as long as I get the grades at College. Will know for sure in about 10 days time!!!!
I was really worried not many people had applied for Events Management and then I started reading through this thread and have seen a couple comments about people having offers which as settled my nerves a little. Hopefully be seeing all of you hanging at the back of lectures with me from September :smile:
Original post by iamCharlieBatt
I was really worried not many people had applied for Events Management and then I started reading through this thread and have seen a couple comments about people having offers which as settled my nerves a little. Hopefully be seeing all of you hanging at the back of lectures with me from September :smile:

I have a conditional too! The upside to that though is that for those of us with conditionals, if we don't quite get our grades for whatever reason, we are more likely to get a place anyway! Just... looking on the upside! haha. I know there's now 3 of us I've found planning on Events Management! =D
Original post by rachiriot
I have a conditional too! The upside to that though is that for those of us with conditionals, if we don't quite get our grades for whatever reason, we are more likely to get a place anyway! Just... looking on the upside! haha. I know there's now 3 of us I've found planning on Events Management! =D

Yeah, I'm lucky I'm doing BTEC so know as long as I hand my work in my grades are a lot higher than what uwic asked me to get so I should be fine
Reply 91
Is anyone else doing Foundation leading to social sciences (H&SC)? I haven't found anyone on my course yet :frown: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
business information systems anyone?
Yeah, I'm lucky I'm doing BTEC so know as long as I hand my work in my grades are a lot higher than what uwic asked me to get so I should be fine

Same! :smile: What course are you coming from? I'm coming from a Media Production BTEC
Hi guys i have already studied for one year at cardiff met! i studied the 'foundation health science' and i am now progressing on to Environmental health i stayed at liberty court which was evelian court and have also stayed with friends in the other accomdations: victoria halls and plas gywn. If anyone has any questions about life at cardiff met such as halls, money, campus etc just message me im happy to answer any questions! hope to see you all in september! Good luck!
Reply 95
I'm hopefully doing Event's Management at Cardiff Met also as long as I get the grades at College. Will know for sure in about 10 days time!!!!

10 days!!!! Lucky you, I haven't even started my exams yet! I get to wait until August to see if I'm in - yay :P
Reply 96
Original post by emilybarton93
Hi guys i have already studied for one year at cardiff met! i studied the 'foundation health science' and i am now progressing on to Environmental health i stayed at liberty court which was evelian court and have also stayed with friends in the other accomdations: victoria halls and plas gywn. If anyone has any questions about life at cardiff met such as halls, money, campus etc just message me im happy to answer any questions! hope to see you all in september! Good luck!

How did you find living in liberty court? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
hrf
OP
Original post by emilybarton93

Yay found another environmental health student :-P
Original post by Georgieex
How did you find living in liberty court? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved it i have applied to live there again this year! The staff are so down to earth and its quite close to town! There is a few pubs around and its close to Caerphilly road which is full of hairdressers and local shops etc! I had the best time ever i hope you move in there because you will love it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.facebook.com/CardiffFreshers2013 the official fresher page for all cardiff universities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest