The Student Room Group

Imperial College London Postgraduate Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi, Stuti!
I have received an unconditional offer now that I have met my offer conditions. I have accepted the offer & looking forward to Imperial :colondollar:

Have you confirmed yours?

Original post by stutidalmia
Hey

I too received an offer for Msc Strategic Marketing 2013/2014. I too am an international student. Have you replied with offer confirmation yet?
Reply 61
Heya! Congratulations on your offer :smile: We'll be in class together this September. Yay!

Well, for me GradPad isn't the best choice because I find all the locations undesirable/sorta unsafe. Also, the locations are not well equipped with the underground and buses take too long to reach uni.! Plus, I have heard other residents complaining about the internet connection :frown: However, many classmates have chosen this accommodation so that's where you will get to meet a lot of people from our class!

I am going for student housing via Independent Student Living cos' it's in North/West London which is safer and 2 mins from the tube (28 mins to uni via Jubilee or Piccadilly Lines).

Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Montegrappa
Hi, glad to know you all there and I have just received an unconditional offer from Imperial College.

Program: Msc Strategic Marketing

I am thinking of the the accommodation and seems Gradpad is not the best choice, isn't it :'(?
Reply 62
Hi thr everyone:-)
Im a recent Business Graduate from Bangladesh (Marketing Major) & am looking to get into Imperial's MS.c in Strategic Marketing program. My problem is my GPA is not that good (3.34/4) and on top of that they are gonna "convert" it which may cause it to go down even more:frown:.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to compensate for the bad GPA? Will the admissions committee be convinced to offer me a place in the MS.c Strategic marketing program If I have good Job experience? or If I have Related extra curricular activities/ achievements or something?
Original post by rukutaneja
Heya! Congratulations on your offer :smile: We'll be in class together this September. Yay!

Well, for me GradPad isn't the best choice because I find all the locations undesirable/sorta unsafe. Also, the locations are not well equipped with the underground and buses take too long to reach uni.! Plus, I have heard other residents complaining about the internet connection :frown: However, many classmates have chosen this accommodation so that's where you will get to meet a lot of people from our class!

I am going for student housing via Independent Student Living cos' it's in North/West London which is safer and 2 mins from the tube (28 mins to uni via Jubilee or Piccadilly Lines).

It does help :smile: Btw, have you joined the facebook group? Rachel have not accept my request yet and I can't take to our classmates over there :afraid:

Will our classmates group and rent an apartment together? I think it will be a better choice to experience the school life...
Original post by musa219
Hi thr everyone:-)
Im a recent Business Graduate from Bangladesh (Marketing Major) & am looking to get into Imperial's MS.c in Strategic Marketing program. My problem is my GPA is not that good (3.34/4) and on top of that they are gonna "convert" it which may cause it to go down even more:frown:.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to compensate for the bad GPA? Will the admissions committee be convinced to offer me a place in the MS.c Strategic marketing program If I have good Job experience? or If I have Related extra curricular activities/ achievements or something?

Hi :smile: Although I got no official information from the admission staff, I guess a good extra curricular activities / work experience will be an advantage to your application.

I have been doing a marketing consultation project with a NGO and finally got a results that 7times more than they expected, have been in internship in Goldman Sachs (in a very very short period) and promoting to Assistant to CEO in a APEC leading company after my graduation from UG.

Hope it helps.

Anyway, which stage you are in and had you handed in your application yet?
Reply 65
Hey! Yes, I have joined the Facebook group and students have been discussing flat shares and private housing. So, I am sure once Rachel adds you, you can get in touch with those with people and post any other questions :smile:

Original post by Montegrappa
It does help :smile: Btw, have you joined the facebook group? Rachel have not accept my request yet and I can't take to our classmates over there :afraid:

Will our classmates group and rent an apartment together? I think it will be a better choice to experience the school life...

Hey!

I thought i would try and help!

I live at Gradpad (wood lane) and last year i lived at Griffon. Connections at wood lane are really good (2 tube lines and can get to south ken in about 25 mins door to door and central London in 15 mins max!)

I love wood lane the site is awesome, literally everything you could ever want and the internet is really good. I have heard that people worry about the internet but i don't know where these stories come from! Ask anyone at Gradpad - the internet is really good, quick and doesn't break!

Hope this helps!

G x
Hi, Stuti!
I have received an unconditional offer now that I have met my offer conditions. I have accepted the offer & looking forward to Imperial :colondollar:

Have you confirmed yours?

Hi!

I have not responded to the offer yet as I am extremely confused between Imperial and LSE, I have received an offer from both! Hopefully will reach a decision till next week!:confused::confused:
Reply 68
Got a conditional (65%) offer for MSc in Soil mechanics and Eng seismology at imperial!

Anyone has any experience in not meeting their offer by say 1%?
Are they "that" flexible regarding their offers?
Hey everyone!

I just accepted an offer for the MSc Conservation Science Course! Yay! I'm very excited and will be situated at Silwood Park Campus. Anyone else on here doing the same course or moving to Silwood? I want to live off campus in Ascot, but won't be back in the UK till August or September to start looking for accommodation. It would be great to get in touch with people who are also thinking of living off campus.
Reply 70
Hey all!

I've accepted an offer for an MSc Computing Sciences course, but still haven't gotten around to sorting out accommodation yet. I think the GradPad places are a bit too dear for me, but would like somewhere that can commute to the campus without too much difficulty. But yeah would be good to get in touch with other people looking for accommodation. I'm currently living in Northern Ireland at the minute.
Reply 71
Original post by lilnikkita
Hey everyone!

I just accepted an offer for the MSc Conservation Science Course! Yay! I'm very excited and will be situated at Silwood Park Campus. Anyone else on here doing the same course or moving to Silwood? I want to live off campus in Ascot, but won't be back in the UK till August or September to start looking for accommodation. It would be great to get in touch with people who are also thinking of living off campus.

Hi,

Congrats!

I'm going to Silwood too this year. MSc Quantitaive Biology. But I'll be staying on campus (need to get accomodation though!). It seems really tough to find ppl going to Silwood. Are there really that few??
Reply 72
Hey guys,

Has any of you experience with meeting your conditions regarding the Bachelor transcript? I will be done with my Bsc ont he 15th of August. However, my official transcript will not be completed until late september. Because the dean has to sign everything and he will be on vacation, this will take forever- What should I do?
Is there maybe a form or something? My Uni will officially know, that I have passed and my grade, its just the transcript :frown:
Original post by GreenIt
Hi,

Congrats!

I'm going to Silwood too this year. MSc Quantitaive Biology. But I'll be staying on campus (need to get accomodation though!). It seems really tough to find ppl going to Silwood. Are there really that few??

Thanks! Same to you!...Yeah it does seem difficult to find people who are going to Silwood. It's strange because the campus seems huge. Do you know the cost of on campus accommodation? I figure it's going to be a lot more expensive than off, but compared to where I last lived in England (Coventry), accommodation looks pricey regardless which option I take!
MSc Taxonomy and Biodiversity

As living costs are so expensive I'll be commuting from home rather than living in accomodation. My personal life probably won't be as great but I just can't afford London rates.
Reply 75
Hey Guys

Wondering if anyone can help me out. Do you know which Halls do/do not let you keep bikes?
Its important for me because i'm a rower and taking public transport too and from the boat club will be a bit of a pain so want to avoid it if possible...
Reply 76
Thanks! Same to you!...Yeah it does seem difficult to find people who are going to Silwood. It's strange because the campus seems huge. Do you know the cost of on campus accommodation? I figure it's going to be a lot more expensive than off, but compared to where I last lived in England (Coventry), accommodation looks pricey regardless which option I take!

Well I've never been to the UK before, so I'm a little more comfortable with the on campus accommodation. It at's at least a lot cheaper than the options for students in South Kensington! But I would have thought the campus accommodation worked out cheaper. I guess both options have their advantages and issues!
Currently I'm facing issues with my CAS, hope that gets sorted out in time for my VISA applications!
Original post by GreenIt
Well I've never been to the UK before, so I'm a little more comfortable with the on campus accommodation. It at's at least a lot cheaper than the options for students in South Kensington! But I would have thought the campus accommodation worked out cheaper. I guess both options have their advantages and issues!
Currently I'm facing issues with my CAS, hope that gets sorted out in time for my VISA applications!

Perhaps you're right about the cost; I'm running on an assumption based on where I studied last in the UK and some other posts I've seen on TSR...The visa applications shouldn't take too long, but I guess it depends what country you're coming from. What is wrong with your CAS? I haven't even applied yet because I still have to pay the deposit fee, and I won't get my CAS until that's done apparently. Last time I applied for a visa, I got it right before I flew to the UK in mid-September! So if you're doing this now, I think you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by elGeneral
Hey guys,

Has any of you experience with meeting your conditions regarding the Bachelor transcript? I will be done with my Bsc ont he 15th of August. However, my official transcript will not be completed until late september. Because the dean has to sign everything and he will be on vacation, this will take forever- What should I do?
Is there maybe a form or something? My Uni will officially know, that I have passed and my grade, its just the transcript :frown:

I had a similar problem and my university registry were able to help. May be worth dropping them an email? J

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by GreenIt

Hi,

I've got a conditional offer (which I should meet) for the MRes in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation :smile:

I've applied for on-campus accommodation: £93/w for shared bathroom/kitchen, including energy bills. Ascot/Sunningdale is quite a wealthy area, so I can't imagine that it is cheaper to rent privately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending