The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swaany
Guys, i took pics of the copy of the paper from my teacher. Will upload it tomorrow, please be patient with me :smile:

When will you upload the paper?
Original post by ALevel96
When will you upload the paper?

now it's tomorrow dude, hope u didn't forget to upload, we are counting on u.
Original post by jcao03
I don't think there was a question on ferrets about genetic variation and captive breeding! It was the question before I think. :confused:

I'm pretty sure there was a 5 marker saying "explain how captive breeding is used to create genetic diversity in the ferret population" or something similar to that...
Reply 2023
Original post by Alexandra82
I'm pretty sure there was a 5 marker saying "explain how captive breeding is used to create genetic diversity in the ferret population" or something similar to that...

Yup, there was; something about many zoos taking in endangered ferrets for captive breeding etc etc
Reply 2024
Hi guys, as promised here is the June 2013 paper :smile: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2025
11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg
Reply 2026
20.jpg 21.jpg

enjoy! :tongue:
Original post by Swaany
Hi guys, as promised here is the June 2013 paper :smile: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg

Original post by Swaany
11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

Original post by Swaany
20.jpg 21.jpg

enjoy! :tongue:

thank you so much!!!! :biggrin:
I'll rep you when I get on my laptop!
Thank you very much!
we need some one to make a markscheme please.
Original post by fadyfox95
we need some one to make a markscheme please.

I don't mind doing this one, but it'll have to be tomorrow if people don't mind..
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I don't mind doing this one, but it'll have to be tomorrow if people don't mind..

that would be great.
Ill do one in about 15 mins
Reply 2033
Original post by mynameisntbobk
thank you so much!!!! :biggrin:
I'll rep you when I get on my laptop!

haha thankss :smile:
1a) C
b) D
c) A
d) D
e) C
f) D
g) D
h) C
(edited 10 years ago)
SER is present in animal and plant cells I think
Original post by ALevel96
1a) C
b) D
c) A
d) D
e) C
f) D
g) C
h) C

G is wrong. it is D. sER is found in both animal and plant cell, you said C (meaning plant cell only). Everything else I did :smile:
Original post by RoryTinker
SER is present in animal and plant cells I think

It is :yes:
2a) The acrosome swells, fusing with the cell surface membrance. Acrosin; a hyrdolytic enzyme that digests the zona pellucida of the ovum is released via exocytosis.
The sperms haploid nucleus is then able to enter the ovum cytoplasm.
following this there is an increase in Ca2+ in the cytoplasm resulting in a thickening of the zona pellucida.
This prevents further sperm nuclei from entering and hence ensuring the ovum is fertilised by a single haploid nuclei.

b) During meiosis Independent assortment and crossing over occurs.
Independent assortment is the random assortment of chromosomes to different cells. This ensures four unique haploid cells are produced per cycle. Crossing over occurs when different versions of the same gene are exchanged bewteen adjacent sister chromatids during metaphase. For these reasons a large genetic diversity occurs.

c (i) The temperature was kept constant as the temperature determines the rate at which proteins are made. If the temperature is changed between trials the results obtained will be invalid since the rate of formation of proteins and hence the rate at which the tube grows.

c(ii) Generally as the concentration of Methylpurine increases the mean growth length of the pollen tube decreases. There is however an increase between 0.0000 and 0.0001 moldm^-3 this suggests that 0.0001 of methylypurine is the optimum concentration for pollen tube growth. Third mark will be to quote values i.e an ...% decrease in pollen length between two concentrations.

C(iii) mRNA is translated into proteins. If methylypurine inhibits mRNA systhesis, then the mRNA cannot be translated to produce proteins. The proteins determine the ultrastructure of the cell and hence the length of it.
Sorry if i put plant cells only that is a mistake the correct answer is in fact animal and plants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending