The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by MSUddin
Mt Etna was formed on a destructive plate boundary, in my notes i've written that it emits basaltic lava....idk or can't remember why, but is this one of the rare cases that basaltic lava is found at a destructive boundary and not constructive or just my error?

I don't think it was Basaltic because the management of the volcano meant that trenches could be dug in preparation and people weren't evacuated immediately due to the slow moving lava. Not 100% sure though.
Reply 2601
Original post by ToxicBadger
^ Yes

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 2602
any one got any tips for the conclusion of essays?
God i'm so nervous! :frown:
Reply 2604
whats everyone eating ? lol xD
Reply 2605
Original post by LS95
any one got any tips for the conclusion of essays?

Best to make mini conclusions at the end of each paragraph in the main body of the essay. Summate these mini conclusions into your final conclusion, making sure you make no new arguements. The conclusion should always come to a final opinion, the better the conclusion the more evaluative you will have been of your final opinion.
Reply 2606
Original post by Gary

Just had half a pint of B and J's dat comfort food, am scared it may come out the other end in a string of nervous poo poo's but we shall see.
Reply 2607
Original post by Gary

A ham sandwich
Original post by Gary

caffeine :frown:
What are the odds the tectonic essay will be earthquakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2610
Original post by sheldorofazaroth
What are the odds the tectonic essay will be earthquakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

around 40% i say
good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2612
good luck! doubt ill be comming back to this thread, so have a nice life :biggrin:
Reply 2613
Quick question is everyone doing the essay or questions first?
Reply 2614
Original post by Dhaden
Quick question is everyone doing the essay or questions first?

Im doing one short answer, the essay, then the other short answer
:tumble:
Reply 2616
So, how did everyone find it?
Hello :smile: I have survived that 2 hour 45 min ordeal!

How did everyone find it? I answered the weather essay I had no idea what the tectonics one was asking me. Plus wtf was with the very first tectonics question? Is that even on the spec?! I definitely lost out on a lot of marks there.
Reply 2618
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Hello :smile: I have survived that 2 hour 45 min ordeal!

How did everyone find it? I answered the weather essay I had no idea what the tectonics one was asking me. Plus wtf was with the very first tectonics question? Is that even on the spec?! I definitely lost out on a lot of marks there.

I also did the weather essay. I went off on a bit of a tangent though.
Type out the questions please :>

Quick Reply

Latest