The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
what the hell r u doing aqa!!! Why was mann whitney in there wtfwtfwtf
does anyone have any idea what the diagram on the ecosystems short question was?
Considering I had no sleep, that went surprisingly well - or is that sleep deprivation talking again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Putting Mann Whitney is horrible unfair for people who do Geog 4B.
Having only questions on urbanisation is wrong as well.

Goodbye dream of going to Cambridge, it was fun while it lasted.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
what did anyone write for atmospheric and oceanic circulation on the british isles!! I had NO idea
Even without a earthquakes 40 marker (which would have been great) I am happy with what I did
Reply 2646
Lol loads of people say they found that easy.

I certainly didn't!
Reply 2647
For Mann Whitney U, what did people write?

I wrote because Japans score of 3.3 was below the critical value, there was a trend between the size of the earthquake and that date. I put it in right at the end when they said times up, It was a complete guess but I thought I might aswell have a guess, could earn me a mark or two and it won't lose me any marks
Original post by dawg
For Mann Whitney U, what did people write?

I wrote because Japans score of 3.3 was below the critical value, there was a trend between the size of the earthquake and that date. I put it in right at the end when they said times up, It was a complete guess but I thought I might aswell have a guess, could earn me a mark or two and it won't lose me any marks

you should have said to reject the null hypothesis.
I did tectonics for Part A, Conflict for Part B and Development for Part C. Did anyone do the development essay.. if so what did you write?

Overall, AQA was nice this time... wont say if it was good or not because i'll jinx it!!

Hope everyone did good!!
Original post by Axion
Lol loads of people say they found that easy.

I certainly didn't!

Thought it was nasty personally. World Cities was just awful.
You're welcome for lowering the grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2652
Original post by AndyBoughton
you should have said to reject the null hypothesis.

YESSSSSSSS :smile: :smile:

Such a lucky guess!
Original post by travispickle
I ended up answering 3 questions from section A and B and then did the world cities essay even though I had answered the world cities questions, because I'm a dope. I hated the world cities questions but loved the rest, anyone have a clue what the examiner is going to do?

And world cities essay, what did people talk about? I just talked about sustainable transport and waste management/ Masdar really, starting to dread august already.

They'll take your highest 2 sections.

Not wc essay and wc questions though.
Reply 2654
Original post by acedlol
Type out the questions please :>

Tectonics essay was something like - 'assess the difference in factors influencing hazards posed my volcanoes'

Not word for word but something like that
Reply 2655
Original post by St. Brynjar
Thought it was nasty personally. World Cities was just awful.

Agreed. Grade boundaries will be as low as they always are even though people find it easy

That weather and climate 40 marker was a gem though. Basically: write everything you know about climate change/global warming
Reply 2656
Why do this to us aqa???? Mann whitney in the paper, as the first question was cruel and offputting
Reply 2657
TSUNAMIS finally came up
Reply 2658
Original post by V95
Why do this to us aqa???? Mann whitney in the paper, as the first question was cruel and offputting (sorry for the caps, but i am pissed off)

Are they even allowed? It's not on the frickin spec for geog3?
Original post by Crms123
Tectonics essay was something like - 'assess the difference in factors influencing hazards posed my volcanoes'

Not word for word but something like that

That's an absolute beauty of an essay.

You won't get an easier essay than that ever.

aqa u so nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending