The Student Room Group

**A2 Classical Civilisation**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
This is pretty much my plan too, it just works out so much easier - anything to avoid Tiberius really! haha!

Good luck with the exam tomorrow !!

Original post by burbe
What I've done is thoroughly revise Claudius and ignore Tiberius in detail because I find that too hard. Hopefully something on wives or freedmen will come up. I've also revised extensively for the historiography question - it's risky if they have awful questions, but I just can't grasp Tiberius. At least with historiography I can just remember some anecdotes + quotes that relate to points about Tacitus/Suetonius.
I'm the opposite! Claudius grates on me and Tiberius comes easily! Good luck everyone, I hope you all ace it and kick the Emperors' butts!!
Reply 262
Original post by KingFalcon
This is pretty much my plan too, it just works out so much easier - anything to avoid Tiberius really! haha!

Good luck with the exam tomorrow !!

Good luck to you too! Not a big fan of Tiberius either - though got some quotes ready for the 40 marker!
Reply 263
What did everyone think of today's Aeneid paper? I thought the two context questions were gifts - Book 6 was especially interesting. I also thought the two essay questions were interesting, not necessarily as easy as previous year, but still very good. I do the second one.
Original post by CJRO
What did everyone think of today's Aeneid paper? I thought the two context questions were gifts - Book 6 was especially interesting. I also thought the two essay questions were interesting, not necessarily as easy as previous year, but still very good. I do the second one.

I thought it was really good! I did the Book 6 questions- just what I'd revised came up! I agree about the 40 markers, I chose the first one, though the second one wasn't bad :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aamna01
hopefully we both Ace the exams :biggrin:.. ill try not to.. its so hot i just cant concentrate :/ .. bless classics will be the death of me!!!!!

How did you find it today? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the second essay and the section A.

Didn't have a clue where the rocky cavern was though, had to look that up after the exam :redface:
Did both of the first ones, no idea about the rocky cavern haha! only 1 mark though.. the 40 marker was a beauty :smile:
Original post by iamthestig
I did the second essay and the section A.

Didn't have a clue where the rocky cavern was though, had to look that up after the exam :redface:

Just out of interest what was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah_lou

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cumae

Didn't have a clue haha
Reply 270

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote Cumae as I have been there and the site was known as the Sibyl's cave :P
Reply 271
I thought it was really good! I did the Book 6 questions- just what I'd revised came up! I agree about the 40 markers, I chose the first one, though the second one wasn't bad :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you tackle the 20 marker?
Original post by iamthestig
Cumae

Didn't have a clue haha

Oh good that's what I put :smile: I thought the 20 marker was very good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJRO

I said yes to a large extent, did two para's for yes, said it divides the poem into Aeneas' wanderings and the war, where he becomes a true hero, the first half being like the Odyssey and the second half being like the Iliad. But said Book 8 was also important as he is shown the future site of Rome and Book 11 as Pallas' death causes Aeneas to hunt down Turnus. How did you do it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
Camilla qus were less popular it seems, maybe cos she is so minor and they want specific detail
Original post by CJRO

I did put more stuff but can't remember what now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
I said yes to a large extent, did two para's for yes, said it divides the poem into Aeneas' wanderings and the war, where he becomes a true hero, the first half being like the Odyssey and the second half being like the Iliad. But said Book 8 was also important as he is shown the future site of Rome and Book 11 as Pallas' death causes Aeneas to hunt down Turnus. How did you do it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 paragraphs on its importance pretty much the same reasons. I then argued book one when Venus supplicates Jupiter as this is when the journey turned from the seemingly pure subjection of Juno to the assurance of Fate. Then the end of book 12 as it a major turning point in the Aeneid (I argued that whilst on paper it ended, Virgil expected the story to continue in the minds of his audience). I missed so many obvious points though...
Original post by CJRO
2 paragraphs on its importance pretty much the same reasons. I then argued book one when Venus supplicates Jupiter as this is when the journey turned from the seemingly pure subjection of Juno to the assurance of Fate. Then the end of book 12 as it a major turning point in the Aeneid (I argued that whilst on paper it ended, Virgil expected the story to continue in the minds of his audience). I missed so many obvious points though...

Ohh sounds good! Oh yeah I just remembered I talked about Book 12 and the parade of Roman heroes in Book 6. It's easy to say now that you missed stuff out but tbh you need an extra 15 minutes for that exam, it's just not long enough to get everything done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
It's true, I wrote my last paragraph of the 40 mark in literally 2 minutes - it is illegible!
How'd people find the Alexander paper? I thought it was pretty mean :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending