The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Croydon'Stepper
For volcanoes...? I'm pretty sure they (definitely season at least) don't make a difference...
it doesnt matter about time of day but time of year it does matter because potential hurricane time is dangerous for lahars and in the winter no possible risk of lahars because of frozen:smile: ground
Reply 2801
Original post by GeoggerH
oooh you used a graph! awesome. I wish I had, darn it. I also forgot to mention theoriiiieessss. oh noo. Hopefully t'is not so bad.
Never heard of the balanced/unbalanced theory before though :s-smilie:

You sound like you answered it clearly, as long as your conclusion involved answering whether you agree with the view or not, its good :smile:
dont fuss too much over it, are you doing 4b next week?

my mate who does economics taught that and the graph to me! lol, yeah i agreed! and emphasised that i think bottoms up is the best approack because it's sutainable. my last sentence was something like some people may believe trade can help development etc, but yeah, i never explained it /:

nope, i did 4A in jan! good luck to you though! :smile:
Reply 2802
Original post by Macbeth_77
The only one I had trouble with was the role World cities play :/

Same theres only so much you can write for that, was hoping for regeneration schemes
Reply 2803
Original post by Daniel George
this has made me confident...

You smashed it :wink:
I did the same thing invigilator goes "times up" (had already finished) then she comes up next to me and tells me to stop writing....my NAME ON THE EXTRA PAPER!? wtf this other guy came over and I asked him if it was o.k to write my name on it LOL - basically I forgot the booklet no. thing to
My hand aches in the way that only 16 pages of writing can do.

Still, that exam could have been a lot worse. (Yeah, I'm late to the party) Had expected to do the conflict essay, but in the end decided that I could get more CSD and synopticity in the globalisation one. Ah well, we'll see what happens!
Original post by Axion
You smashed it :wink:

I need 94 UMS for the A overall -_- we will see....

doubt is kicking in!
Original post by vdoto
should be fine then

cool :smile: thanks

I need 101 :P
Reply 2809

doubt is kicking in!

you still have geog4a or geog4b don't you?
Reply 2810
Original post by jacob1208
How?

Just didnt really like the questons wasnt expecting them either, how did you find the exam?
Original post by Khushaali
I accepted the null hypothesis.....so dumb. I haven't ever been taught it

What question was this from???
Original post by Gary
you still have geog4a or geog4b don't you?

nah I did that - one mark off an A :/

doubt is kicking in!

I feel exactly the same :/ I need an A too but it's looking unlikely, the questions were just written really badly and everyone else is finding them bad so hopefully low grade boundaries!!
Did anyone do the Development essay and then the Conflict short question?? Did you think they overlapped (ie asking about poverty).
Original post by clonedmemories
My hand aches in the way that only 16 pages of writing can do.

Still, that exam could have been a lot worse. (Yeah, I'm late to the party) Had expected to do the conflict essay, but in the end decided that I could get more CSD and synopticity in the globalisation one. Ah well, we'll see what happens!

I don't even remeber how many pages I got through - how many are in a book?
AQA :poo:
Reply 2817
It seems like I answered the world cities essay in a slightly different way to everyone else in that I did not include transport or waste management. Just wanted to see if people agree that it could have been answered in this way as well.

i started by splitting the concept of sustainability into the 4 basic types of sustainability: economic, social, environmental and human. I then defined urbanisation and went through some of the causes and impacts. For social sustainability I talked about rising tensions between the rich and the poor due to the development of slums and how social sustainability of urbanisation was more viable in developed countries. For economic I talked about the informal economy in slums and talked about a rapid rate of urbanisation can catch authorities out and therefore legislation will not be at a high standard allowing easy tax evasion and avoidance. (£1.4 trillion of Mumbai money is kept in Switzerland.) finally for environmental sustainability of urbanisation I talked about poor legislation in developing countries allows greater pollution and they may be unwilling to improve it due to risk of limiting Eco growth.

sorry for long post. Does anyone think this is ok?
Original post by Lisarh
I don't even remeber how many pages I got through - how many are in a book?

Ours were 12, then 4 in the extra ones. I filled the first and two extra, but left large gaps between the questions in case I wanted to go back and fill them in.
If the question you were writing went onto another page did you have to write the question number at the start of the next page as well or just when you started the question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending