The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shuaib786
lol where u at?

Stafford :biggrin:
Reply 2621
Original post by de_monies
Hey I care! It was pretty bad though. 15 foot. Wow!

Tbf, it's not Indians that are to blame here. A lot of the time, when people are being butchered, and murdered, the more vocal ones come from the West. Notice how little people in Muslim countries argued about the Burma issue, yet soo many people in the West know about it

Notice how few people cared about the butcherings of Bahrainian civilians by Saudi Arabia (and Bahrain) Notice how no one cared about the 1971 massacre when Pakistan butchered and raped people from what is now Bangladesh.

They may have been a minority, but so is the very strict Wahabi sect that lots of Saudis now follow. The British absolutely loved it and supported the Wahabis because one of their rules was that you do not question your leader. And if the British could put a puppet government in, who's people would naturally submit, it's a win

Someone went bat **** crazy on someone in Pakistan saying that they should focus more on the sciences. These are the type of people that make every one look bat **** crazy

Youll be surprised how many Indians know and dont care or know and justify it. I went to India a few years back...they defended and justified the happenings in Kashmir and the riots in Gujrat. The Muslims do know but our countries are such a mess right now I can understand why they're wrapped up to some extent. But you have a point sadly. Sadly the Saudis are traitors to the deen and to the ummah. Its getting tiring now...its only gonna get worse too.
Reply 2622

Mate, you are probably joint funniest person in my life LOL, I'm pissing myself at your comments so much jeez....
Original post by hasan4life
loooooooooool yh i rememebr u haha :wink:

Lmao well What a guy..doesn't even reply on skype.
we still gotta fix pic nic missions yo 'hyde park in manchester' lolololol

Tad harsh?

Original post by SkyS0h1
Youll be surprised how many Indians know and dont care or know and justify it. I went to India a few years back...they defended and justified the happenings in Kashmir and the riots in Gujrat. The Muslims do know but our countries are such a mess right now I can understand why they're wrapped up to some extent. But you have a point sadly. Sadly the Saudis are traitors to the deen and to the ummah. Its getting tiring now...its only gonna get worse too.

Tbf, lots of Pakistanis don't know what's going on as well. I mean I was wondering why Nawaz Sharif was on TV, and then I realised that he's formally the PM now. My mum was like "whos Nawaz Sharif" Some people don't care for politics I guess

I guess it depends on who you meet. I mean with the Indians I know, they are of the same opinion as me ie: you get the odd nutjob, but by in large, the civilian population simply want peace. It's governments who screw things up

I do like one Saudi prince. If you have time, have a YouTube search for "Inside the Saudi Kingdom" Or "Inside the secret Kingdom" (something like that) and that guy was actually pretty down to Earth, but then at the same time, you have Saudi princes going to places like Thailand where the religious police can't find them, drinking, having sex with prostitutes etc...

Well the Saudi gov't is. Wouldn't want to offend an entire country :biggrin: With all due fairness, I agree to an extent, but the whole breaking away from the Ottomans I actually agree with.

Purely because during the Arab rebellion, the Ottomans began persecuting the Arabs as part of their increasing secular campaign (Presumably for practising religion?) Not that secularism is bad per se, but it was pretty militant. I guess the comparison you can make today, is the Syrian regime persecuting people who dare to go against it's gov't today.

To that extent, I support the Saudis, but that's not enough to "support" them for the whole. I mean they give Pakistan "aid" "Aid" which means more Saudi funded schools, which funnily enough increases terrorism, because they're taught really strict views. I don't like to use the word conservative, because well conservative Islam isn't really much different to "modern" Islam - it's just that people have really lose religion to culture.

But of course, the world points to Pakistan and not SA, because of them being best friends with the USA
any absolute oldies know what happened to soyasauce? been agesss since I saw here on here D:
Reply 2626
Original post by MedMed12
any absolute oldies know what happened to soyasauce? been agesss since I saw here on here D:

She got banned/banned herself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a question, I've noticed that some Pakistanis on TSR have turned to Atheism, now I know there's not a lot but do any of you know of an Atheist who was muslim at first? I know one.
Reply 2628
Original post by Pendulum3
Got a question, I've noticed that some Pakistanis on TSR have turned to Atheism, now I know there's not a lot but do any of you know of an Atheist who was muslim at first? I know one.

Well not really...I'm Muslim, but I could be more religious. Like if I'm out with friends ill drink ect. So I'm probably not the best Muslim aha. But I still believe in most stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pendulum3

I know afew because they know their parents will kill them/hurt their parents feeling and go clubbing, drink, don't fast, do other wrong things...but im not sure if its because they generally do want to be muslim or play it on for the families. I heard you can commit all sins but still are muslim as long as you say you believe in Allah (swt) although committing all sins makes you a bad one I guess.

I do know one who tells me shes not Muslim but does say iA and stuff like that (might be a habit).

I'm not sure where I fit in as religious people say I'm liberal, but then those who drink, club, dont fast, say I'm religious :s-smilie:
I suppose we all commit some sins- I do believe in god, fast, dont eat pork, club (not 18, but have no intention of), however I don't pray 5x a day or wear a head scarf.

I think religion is a personal choice..I do understand alot of Pakistanis feel they are forced into, example being, wearing the hijaab and maybe its better it comes from within.

Answering your question, I know one who had admitted it, know afew who may not be but haven't stated it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Tad harsh?

Tbf, lots of Pakistanis don't know what's going on as well. I mean I was wondering why Nawaz Sharif was on TV, and then I realised that he's formally the PM now. My mum was like "whos Nawaz Sharif" Some people don't care for politics I guess

I guess it depends on who you meet. I mean with the Indians I know, they are of the same opinion as me ie: you get the odd nutjob, but by in large, the civilian population simply want peace. It's governments who screw things up

I do like one Saudi prince. If you have time, have a YouTube search for "Inside the Saudi Kingdom" Or "Inside the secret Kingdom" (something like that) and that guy was actually pretty down to Earth, but then at the same time, you have Saudi princes going to places like Thailand where the religious police can't find them, drinking, having sex with prostitutes etc...

Well the Saudi gov't is. Wouldn't want to offend an entire country :biggrin: With all due fairness, I agree to an extent, but the whole breaking away from the Ottomans I actually agree with.

Purely because during the Arab rebellion, the Ottomans began persecuting the Arabs as part of their increasing secular campaign (Presumably for practising religion?) Not that secularism is bad per se, but it was pretty militant. I guess the comparison you can make today, is the Syrian regime persecuting people who dare to go against it's gov't today.

To that extent, I support the Saudis, but that's not enough to "support" them for the whole. I mean they give Pakistan "aid" "Aid" which means more Saudi funded schools, which funnily enough increases terrorism, because they're taught really strict views. I don't like to use the word conservative, because well conservative Islam isn't really much different to "modern" Islam - it's just that people have really lose religion to culture.

But of course, the world points to Pakistan and not SA, because of them being best friends with the USA

the next award season, you should get one for the lengthiest messages :tongue: should have done an essay based degree :tongue:
Reply 2631
I know afew because they know their parents will kill them/hurt their parents feeling and go clubbing, drink, don't fast, do other wrong things...but im not sure if its because they generally do want to be muslim or play it on for the families. I heard you can commit all sins but still are muslim as long as you say you believe in Allah (swt) although committing all sins makes you a bad one I guess.

I do know one who tells me shes not Muslim but does say iA and stuff like that (might be a habit).

I'm not sure where I fit in as religious people say I'm liberal, but then those who drink, club, dont fast, say I'm religious :s-smilie:
I suppose we all commit some sins- I do believe in god, fast, dont eat pork, club (not 18, but have no intention of), however I don't pray 5x a day or wear a head scarf.

I think religion is a personal choice..I do understand alot of Pakistanis feel they are forced into, example being, wearing the hijaab and maybe its better it comes from within.

Answering your question, I know one who had admitted it, know afew who may not be but haven't stated it.

I believe in Islam but like you said how you don't drink ect and I do. But you said you don't pray 5x a day. I was just wondering to you what's more important praying or not eating pork and drinking alcohol.
In other words what do you define as a bad Muslim. Eg: would someone who doesn't eat pork, doesn't drink and doesn't go clubbing and does not pray be a better Muslim than someone who does go drinking and clubbing but does pray 5x a day??
I do agree with you though that there's no point in doing it unless it comes within because otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

Btw I'm not having a dig at you :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2632
Original post by SkyS0h1

No knowledgable person in India defends Kashmir or Gujarat riots. The fact of the matter is quick harmful decisions were taken by all sides (starting with Musharraf in Kargil 1999) in Kashmir and its continued like a chain reaction. The same happened in Godhra riots, where remember it was a muslim mob which first attacked hindu civilians, but due to government inaction it led to lots of Hindu +muslim deaths. The fact that Gujarat govt didn't step in or protect muslims was unacceptable, but you cant do anything about it now. You just have to learn from the past
Original post by bad8oy
I believe in Islam but like you said how you don't drink ect and I do. But you said you don't pray 5x a day. I was just wondering to you what's more important praying or not eating pork and drinking alcohol.
In other words what do you define as a bad Muslim. Eg: would someone who doesn't eat pork, doesn't drink and doesn't go clubbing and does not pray be a better Muslim than someone who does go drinking and clubbing but does pray 5x a day??
I do agree with you though that there's no point in doing it unless it comes within because otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am sure that if someone prays from the heart they wont go out and drink/eat haram etc :smile: and they would clearly know not to come in contact with those things .
Reply 2634
Original post by perfezione
i am sure that if someone prays from the heart they wont go out and drink/eat haram etc :smile: and they would clearly know not to come in contact with those things .

I sometimes pray from the heart..although not often. But still when I do it I mean it. So you can't really say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad8oy
I sometimes pray from the heart..although not often. But still when I do it I mean it. So you can't really say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hm well okay may be from the heart its between you and allah. but you know the haram stuff is wrong. if you had fear of allah etc you still wouldnt go and do it.

sorry im not even making any sense but do u get where im coming from
Reply 2636
Original post by perfezione

Also what about the people that don't drink ect for example but don't pray and then they see someone who does drink and then they tell the person who does drink that he/she can't be a Muslim.
The majority of Muslims would say that as well but shouldn't they become the 'perfect' Muslim before they can start judging others???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad8oy
Also what about the people that don't drink ect for example but don't pray and then they see someone who does drink and then they tell the person who does drink that he/she can't be a Muslim.
The majority of Muslims would say that as well but shouldn't they become the 'perfect' Muslim before they can start judging others???

Posted from TSR Mobile

well go ask them ! noone is a perfect muslim. everyone commits sin. and it is wrong for people to judge as no one is in the position to judge anybody. they should look at themselves first.
im not gonna disagree against that because your not understanding my point and this conversation is getting pointless.
Original post by bad8oy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm thats a good question :smile: To some extent, praying 5x a day could be more important, I'll admit I dont do that though :frown: But then some people see it pray x5 a day, drink alcohol, dont fast, and eat pork- so whats the point praying?
I think they are all sins in their own right, and we should avoid them all, but some are more severe than others. They are as bad as each other and it depends how YOU define a bad muslim.
I think the key to being a good muslim is being a decent person and having prematial relationships, clubbing not dressed modestly doesn't make you decent...
also, being a good citizen i.e not causing trouble, bullying etc is a crucial thing in Islam especially charity. I am so grateful that Islam encourages charity and being content with what we have.
Plus, if you're wearing the hijaab as you've been forced, or for the wrong reasons (i.e fashion statement, to show you are religious) then you won't get the good deed as if you are wearing because you want to if that makes sense, and its better to come out of yoru own shell and wear it when you feel ready otherwise you're abusing it.
If you drink, eat pork, club etc but pray for the right reasons its the same as not eating pork,drinking, or clubbing and not praying 5x a day.
I'm almost certain everyone comits some sort of sin...its just bad when you cover it up or deny it...like you admit to drinking and admit its a sin, same as I try to admit I dont wear a hijaab but acknowledge its a sin, whereas some try to find excuses for themselves.

Apparently, if you don't pray 5x a day your husband is suppose to beat you (if you're a woman)...literally fml as I'll be getting beats for the rest of my life...
(edited 10 years ago)

Is this true, surely commiting sins is against religion?