The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdfgah
Managed to go out tonight! :smile: Was to one of my best friends' flat but there were 3 other people there so that totally counts as Big Scary Social Event, right? Drank, ate, etc. Considering that a success. :h:

I would deffo consider this a success :smile: I'm glad it was okay. (Was this the twister night.. did the game get pulled out and was it okay? I hope so!

Does this mean your last exam is done? If so then good for you - I hope you treat yourself for getting through them :')

A week until my mum gets home and I'm really missing her, we're quite close and I can talk to her about my problems so I'm feeling kind of lonely without her :frown:... trying to keep myself busy, got one exam on monday that I'm just trying to revise for as much as I can and then I've made this huge to do list for things around the house from monday - friday in an attempt to make myself busy. I just want her to be home because I don't like being home alone and I feel ****ty and I need her around :L How pathetic. Don't know what I'm gonna do next year being like a 5 hour drive from home :'(.
Original post by octoberbaby

Does this mean your last exam is done? If so then good for you - I hope you treat yourself for getting through them :')

A week until my mum gets home and I'm really missing her, we're quite close and I can talk to her about my problems so I'm feeling kind of lonely without her :frown:... trying to keep myself busy, got one exam on monday that I'm just trying to revise for as much as I can and then I've made this huge to do list for things around the house from monday - friday in an attempt to make myself busy. I just want her to be home because I don't like being home alone and I feel ****ty and I need her around :L How pathetic. Don't know what I'm gonna do next year being like a 5 hour drive from home :'(.

Thank you. Yes it does. I'm going for a meal with friends this evening and my mum said she'd get me a reward :smile:

Aw hang in there. It's great you and your mum are so close. Maybe you could phone her at some point?
Good luck with your exam on Monday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Thank you. Yes it does. I'm going for a meal with friends this evening and my mum said she'd get me a reward :smile:

Aw hang in there. It's great you and your mum are so close. Maybe you could phone her at some point?
Good luck with your exam on Monday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhh that's nice :smile:
Yeah we've phoned a couple of times and text everyday xD I don't wanna like ruin her honeymoon though, I feel guilty as it is.
And thank you, I think it will be okay.
Awhh that's nice :smile:
Yeah we've phoned a couple of times and text everyday xD I don't wanna like ruin her honeymoon though, I feel guilty as it is.
And thank you, I think it will be okay.

I'm sure she misses you just as much so you won't be ruining it :smile: that's good. Is it your last one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sleep deprivation is not cool...
Stupidly vivid dreams/nightmares and waking up every hour or two.
Definitely new meds doing this.
At least I got through my German exam this morning. Now only human biology to go.
Original post by asdfgah
Managed to go out tonight! :smile: Was to one of my best friends' flat but there were 3 other people there so that totally counts as Big Scary Social Event, right? Drank, ate, etc. Considering that a success. :h:

:awesome: :woo: :yay: :danceboy: :yeah:
Reply 2287
Anyone seen Firefly around? :/
Reply 2288
So my dog has kidney and liver failure and is going to be put down tomorrow. I get that she's almost 14 but it still really really sucks.
Reply 2289
Original post by Deyesy

She pm'ed me at 15:21, I was literally about to reply to her pm before I read this :smile:
Original post by Deyesy

Don't worry, I'm still around. Sorry was barely around today, busy day.
Original post by VaVe
So my dog has kidney and liver failure and is going to be put down tomorrow. I get that she's almost 14 but it still really really sucks.

Big :hugs: here if you need to talk.
so im back home and got to un pack tomorrow! gonna be fun i think.
got my HC2 through though, and get loads of fee stuff, including transport costs if i get referred to anything by my dr which is good. also have a new Dr, but my mum said shes very blunt :s-smilie:

Original post by SciFiRory
we all cry sometimes sweetie, don't feel bad, you have depression, crying is normal when you are! :hugs:
if he said that while I was there I would have told him to go **** himself tbh sweetie cause he is a hell of a lot bigger than you are, you aren't fat at all, you're my lovely cuddly panda :h:

you haven't, your step dad is just being **** and your flatmates are being petty and stupid, none of that is your fault at all, your mum loves you and you know she cares about you okay, plus you have your sister and friends back home and you have me! none of us think you mess up!

you need a comfy bed and lots of cuddles :yep:

i cry over silly things, you know this! hahaha
he always says stuff like that, why do you think i feel like i do half the time!

it must be my fault, everything is my fault! i mess everything up, even tonight its been "wheres this all going to go?"
gopgjpdjgnigh fihe e GAHHHHHHHHHH i give up

Original post by avhhs
Come on, you are DEFINITELY NOT fat or a pathetic mess :yep: :yep: :yep: And everyone cries sometimes, don't feel bad about it :smile: You can do this and keep safe tonight :lovehug: :grouphugs:

i am, trust me. and im pathetic :yep:

Original post by Meaty_man
I can't say i know poncho too well, theres only so much you can tell about people across the interwebs, but i daresay rory has it right. Everyone here is a victim, be it of themselves, of others or a combination of the two.

I've seen you post a lot of stuff about your flatmates, and the only thing i can see is that they're ********s that refuse to understand you, and that's their problem, because they're missing out. They're just shallow and uncompassionate people that will never be able to truly make someone happy. Maybe i'm being a bit extreme there, but i hope you understand what im getting at :tongue:

I don't get how a parent can be so hateful towards their own daughter, someone who is basically a part of them, their own flesh and blood.

There will always be people that dislike you, no matter what you do. If everyone you know liked you, i'd actually be suspicious lol :tongue: What matters is focusing on the people that matter, everyone else can eat a bag of dicks.

Also why has no one invented a hugs machine yet, that **** would make so much money. While that's being made have some internet hugs :hugs:

rory always lies :tongue: (he doesnt really, but i like to think he does :wink: )

meh im away from them now, have other hurdles to overcome now i guess. but yeah, they wernt good for me i know they were getting me down a lot, everthings just a mess i think

oh no my step dads nice to me in comparison to my own father, but i wont get on to him. i will go off on a rant :tongue:

i wish there was a bloody hug machine! but thank you, all hugs appreciated :smile:
Original post by sadpanda123
Sorry, I'm not the best to help with this probably! I'm assuming you have told the uni about your problems and this is why you've been granted the extensions? You don't say if you are getting any help for this at the moment (like counselling, seen the doctor etc); are you ?

I find making a list of (manageable) study tasks that I can tick off one at a time so I feel I've achieved something helps. Also doing a bit every day (a few hours) I find better than making loads of effort one day as I then feel burned out and want a rest for days afterwards.

Possibly if you're really struggling you could re-do the year on medical grounds? I could see you might not want to though :smile:

Hope this is of some help :smile:

Hey, thankyou for replying!

Uni don't really know that I'm struggling. It's my own fault because I don't know how to tell them.To apply for an extension I submit an application to the admin people with a vague letter from counselling as evidence. It all sort of bypasses my lecturers as it's left up to me to tell them about any extensions.
I do have support from the uni counsellor but it's not continuous, and I haven't been to my gp for mental health in about six years because im too terrified :redface:

Making a list is a great idea and something I used to do. The feeling of achieving all the points on the list is fantastic. I've got to the point now though that I can't even think about working, or even organise my work or open a book without freaking out. Then it takes a few days to get over it and try again.

Am considering repeating the year, but it would mean a third attempt at third year because it all went wrong last year too. Doesn't look too good.

Also just want to say thank you again for replying. I tend to get ignored online just as much as in real life. I appreciate your help.
I hope you are well :smile:
It is so damn freaking hot to sleep!! Went to bed over an hour ago and just cannot sleep :sad: bloody roasting honestly :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
It is so damn freaking hot to sleep!! Went to bed over an hour ago and just cannot sleep :sad: bloody roasting honestly :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try opening the window, leaving your door open and going to get yourself a cold drink. When you get back your room should be nice and chilly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling rather good about myself, minus the usual exam stresses. (spoiler cos it may be ED/ apperence related triggering for some people)

Spoiler

Hope everybody had and has a good day and good luck to anybody with exams or coursework still to do. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
managed an impressive 1 hour of sleep and since then been up, sigh.

on the upside I am actually working on my future, decided that I need to actually get a job and have a future for a kicker, my mums gonna help me look at getting an IT apprenticeship cause I have qualifications and skills with that anyway already and it should pay pretty well if I get one and then obviously I can just follow on with that to give me an actual potential future of my career :eek:

plus gonna find me a flat of my own (love my parents but I need my own place, especially if my girlfriend comes to stay and stuff :smile:)

so yeah, future of Rory is actually in motion...I will try not to have a breakdown about this I promise! haha :redface:

hope people are okay!? :smile:

weekend plan is to chill at my mums...TV to watch, lots of food, and Rory will now breathe having written all this stuff.
Reply 2298
Can't sleep, can't motivate myself to revise, just smoking my way to an early grave, how's everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2299
I would deffo consider this a success :smile: I'm glad it was okay. (Was this the twister night.. did the game get pulled out and was it okay? I hope so!

No Twister in the end! Just quite a bit of Pimms. :colone: The whole thing passed without incident, managed to do small talk pretty well and am glad I went. :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:awesome: :woo: :yay: :danceboy: :yeah:

Thanks! :h:

----

Had a really nice day yesterday with Nut. and one of my best uni friends. Had yummy scones, drank beer and ate strawberries and managed to successfully exhibit my horrifically poor pool skills. :tongue: It's easy for me to get bogged down in "I'm still depressed, I still have flashbacks, I still want to die" but the best days are the ones where those thoughts barely cross my mind. It's so important to remember that even though I'm still clinically depressed and flashbacks are happening frequently, I've come so far in the past few months. I think suicidal is still my default and it's going to take some training to get out of thinking that way, because nowadays it's more that it's become ingrained than anything else. Need to appreciate the moments of contentment rather than constantly remembering and anticipating the bad bits.

Latest