The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by mhsc
Hulk was quite overrated at Porto, especially price wise as usual with them. If we could get him from Zenit at a reasonable price and he will work at a reasonable wage then sure, why not. Mainly I just hope we get a top striker and a top CM.

38 goals in 52 appearances(his final 2 full seasons at porto) clearly isn't overrated. Price wise definitely but that's because porto want cash but he's a clearly talented player, just hasn't worked for him at zenit. But I'd take him for circa 30 million and decent wages(100-150k) in a heartbeat. He has power, pace and can operate on the wings and as a striker. If we're looking at the CL next season(which is possible) that's the kind of player we should be getting(or arjen robben)

Original post by cleveradam
Are we actually going to buy a freaking player????????????
All these rumors are frustrating now.
Why would David Luiz leave when he can win the title next season?
Atleast Man City are getting on with the deals - we need to get moving but knowing Abramovitch, he will probably loan like 15 players out again.
When is Lukaku going to come back? (is he even going to play for Chelsea again?)

The players I personally would like to see come to Chelsea are:
Cavani
Varane
Luke Shaw
Lukaku - permanent first team presuming he continues with his amazing form (play the Drogba role)?
A CDM? - Possibly convert David Luiz to a permanent CDM opening space for Terry/Cahill in CB
I don't see why we should buy Schurrle when we have Kevin De Bruyne - it's ridiculous, even more so considering our Midfield and wings are very weak from a physical perspective. We don't need more physically weak players.

Lukaku may be ready, but i'd rather him show his talents regularly for another year on loan, we get a proven striker like cavani e.g. and look to offload torres. Otherwise there's no point in him coming in a squad with 2-3 other strikers he'll just end up like what happened to him under AVB with torres, drogba and sturridge above him in the pecking order.

Varane :rofl: lets sign messi and ronaldo while we're at it.
Luke shaw. Yeah lets do that while we have a young youth product like bertrand who's better and needs first team action, lets give him and shaw less action and stunt both of their developments.
Lukaku, already said about him.

CDM luiz and a DLP in the alonso/gundogan mould but not them specifically, nemanja matic would be a good buy e.g.
Reply 3301
Original post by The Assassin
Galatasaray are interested in Mikel so it could be a possibility. :dontknow:

Source?
But I could see him going to a team in turkey. It's like they're reuniting the jose mourinho crew, drogba, sneijder, mikel who's next kalou and ferreira?
Original post by jam277
Source?
But I could see him going to a team in turkey. It's like they're reuniting the jose mourinho crew, drogba, sneijder, mikel who's next kalou and ferreira?

http://skorer.milliyet.com.tr/galatasaray-obi-mikel-icin/galatasaray/detay/1719830/default.htm
http://www.haberfx.net/john-obi-mikel-galatasarayda-mi-obi-mikel-kimdir-hangi-takimda-oynuyor-gs-transfer-haberleri-haber-906032/

Main reason I think there's some truth is because it's a turkish source rather than the Daily Mail or whatever.

Others are http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4712
Porto are ****ers who put massive prices tags on their players so we won't get Matic, especially if we're looking at Mangala.

Gundogan, Hulk and Mangala... and maybe Cavani if we can exchange Torres. Mourinho pls.

EDIT: Also a bit of a shame about City getting Fernandinho. Although I'd only want him for around 20m rather than 34m he would have actually helped us. Said this on the City thread but if he adapts to the league he'll become a very useful player. Baffling how Ramires gets a spot when Fernandinho is far more technical and has better link-up play, and he's better defensively than Hernanes. Too many people on this site are underestimating him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3304
Porto are ****ers who put massive prices tags on their players so we won't get Matic, especially if we're looking at Mangala.

Gundogan, Hulk and Mangala... and maybe Cavani if we can exchange Torres. Mourinho pls.

Matic plays for benfica.
But yeah if we got these players in the transfer window I'd be ecstatic.
Oops I got mixed up. Still, 45m or so is a lot.
Reply 3306

EDIT: Also a bit of a shame about City getting Fernandinho. Although I'd only want him for around 20m rather than 34m he would have actually helped us. Said this on the City thread but if he adapts to the league he'll become a very useful player. Baffling how Ramires gets a spot when Fernandinho is far more technical and has better link-up play, and he's better defensively than Hernanes. Too many people on this site are underestimating him.

Exactly, What I have against fernandinho is the money payed for a 28 year old, however no doubt he'll be in the brazil squad next season, look how long it took for them to use dante who's probably brazil's best CB this season. Luiz, dante and thiago silva looks like a beast CB force though.
Original post by jam277
Exactly, What I have against fernandinho is the money payed for a 28 year old, however no doubt he'll be in the brazil squad next season, look how long it took for them to use dante who's probably brazil's best CB this season. Luiz, dante and thiago silva looks like a beast CB force though.

Yeah the Brazil team could be brilliant next year. Only thing is Scolari doesn't seem to be doing well with the squad and has had some had some frustrating results (bring back any memories?) so it could be a problem. He won in 2002 but a lot of the players themselves were magical. Still, if we ever had any sort of chance to win the WC, it would've been in 2002. Shame that Seaman messed up in that game.
(edited 10 years ago)
Can I just say that I live 10 minutes away from the Chelsea Stadium :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to go out when a match is on, there's wayyyy too many people.
Reply 3309
Yeah the Brazil team could be brilliant next year. Only thing is Scolari doesn't seem to be doing well with the squad and has had some had some frustrating results (bring back any memories?) so it could be a problem. He won in 2002 but a lot of the players themselves were magical. Still, if we ever had any sort of chance to win the WC, it would've been in 2002. Shame that Seaman messed up in that game.

He has had many hard friendlies, but I feel that he'll get them going in time for the world cup tbh. Their squad is so talented, they were fairly unlucky against england in the 2-2 draw, I think they need a few easy games against the likes of venezuela etc. so he can get their confidence up for the tournaments.
Reply 3310
Original post by PINKFLEUR

I can't be bothered to go out when a match is on, there's wayyyy too many people.

If I was rich enough to live near Chelsea this would be my smallest problem possible, in fact i'd enjoy it comparative to my one horse town
So boring! Wish there was a football tournament or something to watch!
When's that Brazilian cup thingy starting?
KDB scored for Belgium. Back-post header, you lot need to keep him :rofl:
Original post by PINKFLEUR

You live in Greater London, you should be used to lots of people. I used to live in Bloomsbury so it's easy enough to get used to.
KDB has been doing good from what I've seen. How's Hazard been overall (if anyone's watching?)
Original post by TheInvincibles14
KDB scored for Belgium. Back-post header, you lot need to keep him :rofl:

Mystery negger I will find you:wink:
KDB has been doing good from what I've seen. How's Hazard been overall (if anyone's watching?)

Stopped watching at HT cause the game was over lol. Don't see why you don't just keep KDB and rotate him with Oscar on the RW. Too good to lose a player like him, same could be said of Courtois tbh, going to have to keep loaning him out with the hope that Cech declines, which won't happen imo.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Stopped watching at HT cause the game was over lol. Don't see why you don't just keep KDB and rotate him with Oscar on the RW. Too good to lose a player like him, same could be said of Courtois tbh, going to have to keep loaning him out with the hope that Cech declines, which won't happen imo.

Yeah, we've got some good Belgian players on our hands. Don't know why either :\

Guess we'll loan him out next season, but not totally sure what happens after that. I don't think we'll be able to loan him in 2014/2015 - Atletico will probably look to buy him then. Maybe if Cech does start to decline we could use Courtois as the main keeper and Cech as a backup then? Don't know - Cech looks like he could go on go for a while.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
You live in Greater London, you should be used to lots of people. I used to live in Bloomsbury so it's easy enough to get used to.

I'm used to a lot of people being around, but I hate it when I can't travel by car because they close the roads :L
Original post by diggy
If I was rich enough to live near Chelsea this would be my smallest problem possible, in fact i'd enjoy it comparative to my one horse town

Oh.. okay. :puppyeyes:

Just out of curiosity, where do you live? You don't need to be specific, the name of the town would be ok. :redface:

Latest