The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by TAPTUT
loool.You have the right attitude.A bit keen though :smile:

I sat these papers in november last year and got an a overall.I am resitting now and aiming for an a*.I am not that concerned about it though as i did the march series and ended up getting 181/200.I have been doing aditional (a-level) maths so this seems very easy now :smile:

Overall i suggest that you do the pass papers of this spec as last time i did like all the 2003-2011 papers but the paper we got was slightly different.This is because it some questions are now meant to be 'practical' thanks to GOVE!

Well done on your a :smile: No such thing as too keen, the papers are becoming harder, so revision has to become more intense. It's only logical! I've heard further maths is really hard ?
Original post by cmorga1
Sorry to be a pain but could you maybe send me some via PM too? Thankyou :smile:

Done
Original post by SaloniShah
If you can, can you send it to me too?

Done
Reply 183
Original post by m4ths/maths247
Done

Can I have them as well please good sir?
I'm doing this exam. I'm so glad that I've done Additional Maths because this is comparatively easy :biggrin: I just hope that there isn't too much stuff on functions of graphs or percentages...hate them.
Original post by Captain Anonymous
you can be tested on anything in the spec, as Mr M rightly says

Hey do you know where I can get the spec for this exam. I've tried on the edexcel website but the only specs I;'m seeing is the one for the exam in 2009 :confused: and that one which is for the exam in 2014 :s>>>http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE2010/UG029981_GCSE_MathsA_Spec_2012.pdf

Please could you give me the link for the spec for this exam as I need it for a friend
Chances of bearings and loci/constructions coming up on Tuesday??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by organism
Well done on your a :smile: No such thing as too keen, the papers are becoming harder, so revision has to become more intense. It's only logical! I've heard further maths is really hard ?

lol after my gcse i was getting U's and D's in it although after some studying i managed to get a's.Good news is i have covered the whole of AS maths basically so next year will be so easy for me :smile:
Original post by CasualSoul
Hey do you know where I can get the spec for this exam. I've tried on the edexcel website but the only specs I;'m seeing is the one for the exam in 2009 :confused: and that one which is for the exam in 2014 :s>>>http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE2010/UG029981_GCSE_MathsA_Spec_2012.pdf

Please could you give me the link for the spec for this exam as I need it for a friend

For linear exams the spec for 2014 is the same as the current spec
Chances of bearings and loci/constructions coming up on Tuesday??

Posted from TSR Mobile

The probability for tuesday is approximately 0.76 the probability they will come up on Tuesday or Friday is 0.9999
can someone send me the 100 a-a* questions to revise from pls
Reply 191
Original post by m4ths/maths247
Done

Very much appreciated :smile:
Reply 192
I kind of panicked earlier because I couldn't manage this question and I don't know what topic it would be classed under, can anybody explain the process used to work it out? It is non-calculator

176/360 = ?/225
110?
are you able to supply a screenshot of the actual question...
Reply 195
Aiming to watch all the [h="1"]100 Hard GCSE Questions by Tuesday :biggrin:[/h]
Reply 196
are you able to supply a screenshot of the actual question...

Yeah the answer is 110 I was just wondering how you could get there without a calc, and this isn't the full question just what I had broke it down into to make writing it easier. Maybe I have gone wrong in breaking it down haha, here is a screenshot, it is part B, I was worried about being stuck because it seems like it should be easy and I normally stroll through the first half of the paper...

1BwjnwbfTgNIwTkHjgJ6RnUvjOXj1ywYlhZ1ZH7y-9A.jpg
Original post by gdunne42
For linear exams the spec for 2014 is the same as the current spec

Original post by Voovist
Both AQA and Edexcel have their maths exams on the same days, so are you sure this for Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is for Edexcel. I apologize that I didn't mention it in the little description bit, completely slipped my mind the most important part of what I was saying :redface:
Original post by dazzer19
Are you sure cus the edexcel ones are on TUESDAY not MONDAY...

It is Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending