The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Student Court @ Wembley

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gemmah94
I'm 508A! You're down the corridor, theres a floor plan on the apt website :smile:

how do i get to the floor plan??? :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by hannahsouza
how do i get to the floor plan??? :smile:

its on the apt website somewhere, I can't find the link!! but heres a screen shot Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 23.38.18.pngScreen Shot 2013-06-05 at 23.38.18.png
Reply 122
Original post by alexc88
Did anyone else apply for a studio apartment? Kind of feel like I made a mistake applying for it. Hope I still get to mix with other people and make friends.

I've got a studio apartment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by ChelseaC
I've got a studio apartment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, should be good can't wait.

Has anyone been down there to check it out?
Reply 124
Original post by alexc88
Ah cool, should be good can't wait.

Has anyone been down there to check it out?

Yup, i have. Its pretty decent :smile: I can answer any question you have about it if you like?
Original post by Kt121
Yup, i have. Its pretty decent :smile: I can answer any question you have about it if you like?

I have a question too! Is the rooms big? And the bathroom most of all haha xD plus what about the kitchen? For shared rooms x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Hey guys, I am booking a place in Student Court, Ima party person, so i would like to live with the same interests people, does anyone know which floor should i choose?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by Luke070
I have a question (if you don't mind me asking)! :smile:

What was the area like? Were you able to get a feel for the area?

Well i only walked from the tube station down to the accommodation. But it seemed almost to get more 'upmarket' as you go, maybe because of the stadium and new developments. It looked pretty decent though, I think your average 'downtown' sort of area away from the stadium, reminded me of the housing areas around my town centre.
Also its going to be convenient for shopping. You've got a small tesco express on the side of the building, a Lidl and Mcdonalds, and down the road an Asda Superstore. Adding to that theres a development opposite (south side overlooks it i think) of a shopping centre. Check the link out for pictures and that but this will make the area feel even more 'upmarket'.
http://www.london-designer-outlet.com/gallery/pictures/

Importantly I didn't see any pubs. Finding the pub suitable to crown as our local is a priority :biggrin:

Original post by Sarah_twc
I have a question too! Is the rooms big? And the bathroom most of all haha xD plus what about the kitchen? For shared rooms x
Posted from TSR Mobile

Its hard to describe the size of the room because I don't know what to compare it to and my memory is a little hazy :biggrin: Ive stayed at a friends halls before and and the Apt room is alot bigger. To put some sort of perspective on it, we fit 5 of us with our parents and the guide all in the room :biggrin: The bed is slightly larger than single and smaller than double. Even so you have a decent size of room around the bed.

The bathroom is not small but its tailored for one person so its obviously not huge. Its definitely enough room for one person, and again larger than my friends en-suite :smile:

As for the shared Kitchen, it was a good size and with a TV and sofa :smile: I think as long as your flat mates aren't to untidy its going to be more than enough room to cook and a good 'hang-out' for everyone :smile:

Sorry about the long answers but I thought that I would be as thorough as possible :smile: Happy to try and answer any more questions :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Rovy
Hey guys, I am booking a place in Student Court, Ima party person, so i would like to live with the same interests people, does anyone know which floor should i choose?

Check through the rooms and see who's 'louder'. Theres not much more info to go on really :smile:
Original post by Kt121
Well i only walked from the tube station down to the accommodation. But it seemed almost to get more 'upmarket' as you go, maybe because of the stadium and new developments. It looked pretty decent though, I think your average 'downtown' sort of area away from the stadium, reminded me of the housing areas around my town centre.
Also its going to be convenient for shopping. You've got a small tesco express on the side of the building, a Lidl and Mcdonalds, and down the road an Asda Superstore. Adding to that theres a development opposite (south side overlooks it i think) of a shopping centre. Check the link out for pictures and that but this will make the area feel even more 'upmarket'.
http://www.london-designer-outlet.com/gallery/pictures/

Importantly I didn't see any pubs. Finding the pub suitable to crown as our local is a priority :biggrin:

Its hard to describe the size of the room because I don't know what to compare it to and my memory is a little hazy :biggrin: Ive stayed at a friends halls before and and the Apt room is alot bigger. To put some sort of perspective on it, we fit 5 of us with our parents and the guide all in the room :biggrin: The bed is slightly larger than single and smaller than double. Even so you have a decent size of room around the bed.

The bathroom is not small but its tailored for one person so its obviously not huge. Its definitely enough room for one person, and again larger than my friends en-suite :smile:

As for the shared Kitchen, it was a good size and with a TV and sofa :smile: I think as long as your flat mates aren't to untidy its going to be more than enough room to cook and a good 'hang-out' for everyone :smile:

Sorry about the long answers but I thought that I would be as thorough as possible :smile: Happy to try and answer any more questions :smile:

Thanks for the response! I think I've got a better picture of what's the room looks like in my head now :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by Luke070
Thanks for the response Kt! It should be a pretty decent place to live then seeing as there are shops that are very close to us and are easily accessible. Will be handy for when we need to shop for food etc. :smile:

No problem. yeah plenty of choice will make our lives alot easier :smile:

And thats okay Sarah :smile:
Reply 131
Guys, it has been brought to my attention that I (and I assume it's the same for everyone) do not receive loan until I pretty much set foot in Westminster uni. Student apt living are asking for more than a grand before the loan comes out!! I said where am I supposed to get this from and the answer was "oh your guarantor can pay it". Uh, no. No she can't. Luckily I have savings I can use but I'd rather not, shouldn't things like rent and loan dates be scheduled to be convenient to each other? How is anyone else paying this? :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 132
Original post by Rovy

616 east if there's places left, you'll have a blast with us ;D
Reply 133
Original post by Luke070
Seriously? By the sounds of it, they have no clue about Student Finance and do not understand the fact that people (or their guarantor) aren't going to be able to fork out more than a grand before we start. I may have to give them a call this week about it and see what they have to say as it sounds like a complete joke to them.

It's ridiculous, her attitude was like "nah it's cool, yo guarantors got this", but actually no way can my mum pay that. She said it would be standard of anywhere to expect this, but when I was looking at Essex uni their hall rent came out to coincide with loan payments, as it should! I have to wonder how most people will pay this?!
Original post by Tigrah99
It's ridiculous, her attitude was like "nah it's cool, yo guarantors got this", but actually no way can my mum pay that. She said it would be standard of anywhere to expect this, but when I was looking at Essex uni their hall rent came out to coincide with loan payments, as it should! I have to wonder how most people will pay this?!

I live like next to Essex uni but not going there don't wanna stay in colchester! Also I'll have to wait if I can get in to Westminster! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kt121

It's Wembley, it's generally pretty rough, but like you said the halls are in Wembley Park which is the "posh" bit of Wembley. There's a massive council estate nearby which comes with the associated problems, but the bit of Wembley we'll be seeing is limited to the route between the halls and Wembley Park tube station/asda which is just behind.

Original post by Kt121

There's a Spoons nearby - not posh but cheap :wink:

Original post by Kt121

The room is pretty standard 'posh' halls size, bed is 4' - a normal double is 4'6" while a single is 3'
Original post by Luke070
Well exactly, not everyone will be able to pay for it. I just can't get my head around their system of how the rent works. They should absolutely know when we receive our SF loans and so really our rent should be paid in line with that and no earlier.

The lady on the phone said that they're going to email my mum in July and once I get that email ill just call them again and she said she could sort it

So I'm just waiting for mum to get the email about the guarantor thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Anyone near flat 523? Or level 5? I have no one so far!
Reply 138
It seems to me that it is very unreasonable.. obviously being student housing they KNOW its loans that's paying the rent, so asking us to just chuck them a grand before we even have a penny of it in our bank account is confusing! Not sure how most people are going to deal with this really, their answer was to get your guarantor to pay it which is also pretty unreasonable. The only reason we all have one of those is to avoid paying the whole years rent in one big chunk, which is another thing no one can afford to do - seems to me that they seem to forget that we are students!
Reply 139
Original post by Luke070
I may have found a solution to the whole rent payment that apt want early. Apparently, if you open up a students account with co-op, you are given the ability to use an interest-free overdraft with a limit up to £1,400. Providing this is true, most of the rent should be able to cover that limit without a problem. What you would obviously need to do between now and the start of September is open up a students account with co-op and ensure it's all ready to be used before we need to pay the rent.

Any student account will give you a pretty decent overdraft, I'm eith Santander and get £1,500

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending