The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
I don't see the attraction personally, but really it's not much different to "men" and Karen/Jenna. Without generalising, of course. :cool:

No-one apart from me fancies clara oswald. It's a shame she has a B.F. If she was somehow single, i could plot a way to her.
There was something on FB earlier about a possible leak to a Sunday newspaper of the identity of the 12th Doctor, which may force the BBC into revealing who it is earlier than planned. It's also possible (according to the same source) that a 12th Doctor photo shoot has already taken place. Not sure how much truth there is in that though.

Original post by scapepower
No-one apart from me fancies clara oswald. It's a shame she has a B.F. If she was somehow single, i could plot a way to her.

I think half the internet fancies Jenna/Clara. Me possibly included!
David Mitchell to be the next doctor (I hope so :smile: )

I think half the internet fancies Jenna/Clara. Me possibly included!

What!...in what way do you fancy her?
Original post by SportsFan
David Mitchell to be the next doctor (I hope so :smile: )

I am bad with names, but surely you can't mean that guy of east enders?

that mitchel guy?

I am bad with names, but surely you can't mean that guy of east enders?

that mitchel guy?

No, David Mitchell of Mitchell and Webb/Peep Show, did the voice for one of the robots in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

This guy:

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No, David Mitchell of Mitchell and Webb/Peep Show, did the voice for one of the robots in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

This guy:

Oh!
What!...in what way do you fancy her?

I can see the attraction. If I were that way inclined, she'd be at the top of my list. Alongside Keira Knightley.
Reply 1628
For the next doctor... Ben Whishaw or Damien Molony.

I see a disturbing amount of Moffat-hatred in this thread, as I flicked through it. I will now make all of you hate me by saying that 5 and 6 were by far the best series of the new series (though I don't know what he was doing in the 2nd half of 7. Apart from the finale, it was just bad, bad television). Davies wasn't complex enough and his own writing was lacklustre. He wasn't a bad showrunner, but Moffat was better (until series 7, at least).
(edited 10 years ago)
I can see the attraction. If I were that way inclined, she'd be at the top of my list. Alongside Keira Knightley.

too much competition omg from women this time
Original post by rmhumphries
I am sure they could find a way to do it - however as much as I liked Tennant (he is my favourite doctor), I am not sure I would be happy if they did do it.

I think he's my favourite doctor but only just. I think if Matt Smith had been in his episodes Matt Smith would be my favourite doctor...

Everyone fancies Jenna. Including me.
Original post by francesf
anyone else voting for bill nighy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bill Nighy would actually be perfect.
Original post by snowyowl
Everyone fancies Jenna. Including me.

Don't think i want her now...
Brian Cox as the next Doctor :O

HE'S PERFECT
Reply 1635
Original post by Serentonin
Bill Nighy would actually be perfect.

he was in talks about it but christopher ecclestone got it! If he's the doctor this time I will be so happy
Original post by francesf
he was in talks about it but christopher ecclestone got it! If he's the doctor this time I will be so happy

He would be pretty BAMF as the doctor
Don't think i want her now...

Why?
Bill Nighy is very unlikely since he was already a museum curator in Vincent and the Doctor. There's precedent for a companion being recast from an earlier role (Martha Jones was in Army of Ghosts, Amy Pond was in The Fires of Pompeii) but they all played very minor roles, barely even speaking parts. There's no way they'll cast someone as the Doctor who's been in the show at all, never mind played a significant role in an episode. If they do I'll eat my fez.
Original post by Feefifofum
Bill Nighy is very unlikely since he was already a museum curator in Vincent and the Doctor. There's precedent for a companion being recast from an earlier role (Martha Jones was in Army of Ghosts, Amy Pond was in The Fires of Pompeii) but they all played very minor roles, barely even speaking parts. There's no way they'll cast someone as the Doctor who's been in the show at all, never mind played a significant role in an episode. If they do I'll eat my fez.

I wouldn't say Freema and Karen's roles in Army of Ghosts and Pompeii respectively were particularly less significant than Bill Nighy's in Vincent and the Doctor. Certainly Freema played quite a big role in the Army of Ghosts.

But anyway:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/04/bill-nighy-doctor-who_n_1567164.html
Why would you turn down the role of the Doctor? Is he nuts!?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest