The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Yes :tongue:

That might have been a printing mistake, replacement paper. It should have read "minimum velocity". 5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

F**** Y*****eesh
Reply 581
Original post by *mike
after this m2 exam? haha good joke! I wanna curl up into a ball and die.

im serious, i am dreading for this exam, i found m2 kinda hard, m3, it will rape me. lol
Reply 582
Original post by RYRK
im serious, i am dreading for this exam, i found m2 kinda hard, m3, it will rape me. lol

I am in the same position as you, I was hoping that m2 could drag my UMS up so it would be easier for me to get the A in FM...now I actually need to do well in M3.. otherwise its bye bye uni
Reply 583
Original post by *mike
I am in the same position as you, I was hoping that m2 could drag my UMS up so it would be easier for me to get the A in FM...now I actually need to do well in M3.. otherwise its bye bye uni

lool, i didnt even start revising for m3 until now, because for me it was an additional module. i mucked up my d2 so badly, that some how i will have to do well in this, i managed to cover most of it thou , just need to hit the past papers now. GOOD LUCK , we are gonna need it. :smile:
Reply 584
Original post by RYRK
lool, i didnt even start revising for m3 until now, because for me it was an additional module. i mucked up my d2 so badly, that some how i will have to do well in this, i managed to cover most of it thou , just need to hit the past papers now. GOOD LUCK , we are gonna need it. :smile:

LOL same I only started revising/learning today, I had been on M2 past papers for 4 straight days before! And yeah, good luck! Hopefully it will be straight forward and easy.
I feel sorry for all of you who have M3 upcoming. This M2 paper was brutal enough!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I feel sorry for all of you who have M3 upcoming. This M2 paper was brutal enough!

It seems to be that this year edexcel have decided to really ramp up the difficulty, [or at least make significant changes to] the applied papers. I noticed this in January as well, you can't just use past papers to predict what's going to come up, there have been some real curve-balls.

I prefer M3 to M2 in general, though.
How many mark I lost if I had the maximum speed in Q3 is 4.5, the centre of mass in Q4 is 0.5777... caused I used the wrong distance from CoM of 2 small triangles but I have all methods was correct (I did use sin and cosine rules to find out the angle but because of the wrong answer in part a so my answer in part b was wrong), and for the last question I just got to -1/20 for speed of P. Can I get an A or even 90?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 588
I have a question when a particle, moving in vertical circles, is attached to an inextensible string . If the string can't turn past 90 degrees from its lowest point will it be the velocity that is zero at the particles highest point? and is this the scenario if its below 90 degrees or am i just completely wrong?

any help would be great
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 589

That might have been a printing mistake, replacement paper. It should have read "minimum velocity". 5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O So shouldn't edexcel mark the paper out 70 then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The minimum speed is 0 (as found in part a) so that definitely wouldn't be worth 5 marks.

This paper wasn't one that they threw together hurriedly the week before, it will be one that has already been through the drafting, revising, checking etc. It's probably the one that would have been used for January 2014 (if Gove hadn't done away with January exams).

Edit: Oops, slip of the brain. I meant to say minimum speed, or were you thinking that they had made a mistake with two words in the question?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tiny hobbit
The minimum velocity is 0 (as found in part a) so that definitely wouldn't be worth 5 marks.

This paper wasn't one that they threw together hurriedly the week before, it will be one that has already been through the drafting, revising, checking etc. It's probably the one that would have been used for January 2014 (if Gove hadn't done away with January exams).

and we were the unfortunate ones to get given it :tongue:
Reply 592
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
and we were the unfortunate ones to get given it :tongue:

When aren't we ever the unfortunate ones?
Original post by MLogan
When aren't we ever the unfortunate ones?

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! We are always the unfortunate ones!
Original post by RYRK

i am doing M3
Reply 595
Original post by study beats
i am doing M3

how you finding it??
Reply 596
M3 june 2012 paper, I can't work out how to find any of the angles in question 4b ? :frown:
Original post by tiny hobbit
The minimum velocity is 0 (as found in part a) so that definitely wouldn't be worth 5 marks.

Agreed.

But minimum velocity was -4.5 not 0 but minimum speed is.
Original post by JenniS
M3 june 2012 paper, I can't work out how to find any of the angles in question 4b ? :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 599
I thought the M2 paper was awful, some questions in there I'd never come across before and I pretty much did all the past papers possible. :frown: Lets hope the grade boundaries are low! I need at least a B in this. Luckily I'm not doing M3 though! Good luck to all who are doing M3! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending