The Student Room Group

AQA A2 RST3A and RST4A - 6th June + 14th June respectively

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by hungryatafuneral
I'm feeling more confident for philosophy. The questions are so open ended it's more like "anything goes" and there's so much you can put in. I need a B in this so hopefully philosophy will go well :smile:

How are you feeling for it?

im feeling okay not to stressed because we have a week but hopefully the questions are right.
Original post by Aamna01
im feeling okay not to stressed because we have a week but hopefully the questions are right.

Hey what topic in RST4A are you doing? I'm doing Perspectives of the Ultimate Reality.
Reply 82
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
Hey what topic in RST4A are you doing? I'm doing Perspectives of the Ultimate Reality.

religious experiences.
Reply 83
Original post by Aamna01
religious experiences.

Im doing religious experiences too!
How are you revising for it? There isnt a textbook so I am sort of stuck
Reply 84
Original post by DelBoy12

I'm also doing religious experiences, just read around and ensure you have enough depth for the answers. I'm told to write 5-7 sides for the 45 marker and 2-4 sides for the 30 marker! That's a lot of writing and a lot if depth and detail!! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Is anyone doing Religious Fundamentalism that can give me any advice on how to structure the 30 markers? Is it like Ethics where you give arguments (F, A, F, A, Conclusion)? If anyone has any simple revision notes or material/practise answers that they've done and don't mind sharing I will be SO grateful.

We've learnt a lot and I'm struggling to retain the information!

x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by ghowell13
I'm also doing religious experiences, just read around and ensure you have enough depth for the answers. I'm told to write 5-7 sides for the 45 marker and 2-4 sides for the 30 marker! That's a lot of writing and a lot if depth and detail!! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been doing this self study and have hardly looked at this topic as I was focused on VE and Science and Tech...

What resources do you have???
Looks like I shall be cramming a lot this week!
Reply 87

Hey we have got a text book and it is really helpful.. its called Religious Experiences by Peter Cole..
Reply 88
Original post by Aamna01
Hey we have got a text book and it is really helpful.. its called Religious Experiences by Peter Cole..

I have this too, it seems good but it's not vital. Other resources and notes are more concise.

Original post by ghowell13

You seem to be doing similar topics to me. Are you focusing on the more general overview questions or the influence on religion questions? Or both?
(edited 10 years ago)
im doing rst4a and im dead scared if you were asked a question on the importance of the present life and life beyond death i just dont know what to write
:frown: need help
Original post by BrightStar57
im doing rst4a and im dead scared if you were asked a question on the importance of the present life and life beyond death i just dont know what to write
:frown: need help

Im doing this topic too. With the present life affecting life after death you could write about Christianity and how lives are judged, then humans sent to heaven or hell, and also Buddhism ... With the idea of a persons karma affecting their rebirth. Then there's the secular view that if there is no life after death then we don't need to behave well in this life. Just think of the different ideas about life after death, and how these affect people lives now. Hope that helps a bit!
Original post by nicoladavey_
Im doing this topic too. With the present life affecting life after death you could write about Christianity and how lives are judged, then humans sent to heaven or hell, and also Buddhism ... With the idea of a persons karma affecting their rebirth. Then there's the secular view that if there is no life after death then we don't need to behave well in this life. Just think of the different ideas about life after death, and how these affect people lives now. Hope that helps a bit!

Also if you're talking about Christianity talk about The Parable of the Sheep and Goats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sheep_and_the_Goats

It's about the importance of acts in the present life and how they affect judgement day.
Reply 92
Original post by CoolCat94
I think present life and eschatology will come up, but I really don't think you should revise only two... that's a huge gamble

have you got any topics to revise for importance of present life? I really have no idea what I'd answer!
Reply 93
Religious Fundamentalism... anyone? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Is anybody doing Ways of Moral Decision Making: Medical Ethics?!
If we're talking about the importance of the present life do we talk about funeral practices? Technically they happen after death but they happen to the body which is part of the present life? Some of it seems relevant but I don't want to waste time putting them in an essay if it's pointless
Reply 96
Can anyone tell me is there is a difference between a foundational experience and a revelation experience?
I have looked for ages for info on revelation's but have hardly found anything and most of the foundational experience examples are considered revelations also...

Are they the same?
Struggling with this topic
Also, does anyone have any idea on what is likely to come up?
Reply 97
Can anyone tell me is there is a difference between a foundational experience and a revelation experience?

I've not seen anything within my Religious Experience sources explicitly referring to foundational experience, but a lot of weight goes into revelation experience.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
I'm doing the Section A : Life Death and Beyond topic.
I've been looking at past exam papers (and I only found 3:K:)
and I was stumped on how I could answer a 30 mark question from the 2012 paper.
The question is:
'The purpose of life is to prepare for death'
Assess this view.

Now i've been taught to include Christianity and Sikhism mainly for the religious perspective for the exam but I wouldn't know what to exactly write..
We've also been taught on Plato and his dualist view, Richard Dawkins (secular philosopher), Bertrand Russell, Descartes etc. but I'm stuck :frown:
Original post by Navdeash
I'm doing the Section A : Life Death and Beyond topic.
I've been looking at past exam papers (and I only found 3:K:)
and I was stumped on how I could answer a 30 mark question from the 2012 paper.
The question is:
'The purpose of life is to prepare for death'
Assess this view.

Now i've been taught to include Christianity and Sikhism mainly for the religious perspective for the exam but I wouldn't know what to exactly write..
We've also been taught on Plato and his dualist view, Richard Dawkins (secular philosopher), Bertrand Russell, Descartes etc. but I'm stuck :frown:

Dude this is a great question with the potential for a really enriched response!

The question is basically asking what the importance of present life is, and for those who are religious, it basically is in preparation for death as life is
used as a vehicle towards your fate in death. So if you agreed with the view you would talk about how the purpose of life IS for death, such as with Christianity, Islam, and Buddhists seeing that our present life is important in determining our fate after we die.

Secularists might argue that nothing happens after you die (Humanists) and that life isn't for preparing for death because we should enjoy the present.

What you would do is chose which side you agree on and use the religions to either argue or counter argue your points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending