The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by shopgirl1818
Quick question, so we move into our accommodation on the 7/8th September but the term times on the website say teaching starts on the 9th. Please tell me that's a mistake, that's barely time to move in and do we not get some sort of freshers week?

Freshers week is the week beginning 9th no idea why it says that wasn't the case last year! usually its the 16th :smile:

p.s I wouldn't buy the weekly F pass as most people go into town only school night and if any one other than Vernon kay is DJing will people go! and girls if you decide to go to a foam party a dress is a terrible idea I learned this year. men actually think you are up for it wearing a dress or skirt so avoid!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 241
P.s most people miss all there classes during freshers as its basically what the course is andwhen your lectures are and how to use the uni website and library but tbh most of us regret it now as we just have no idea in the library haha!
Reply 242
Yeah I'm in flat 1/3/2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 243
Hi, I'm Embla (from Sweden) and I will be studying Psychology and live in Willow Court! :biggrin: so excited, can't wait until sept!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lindsay.Brown
Hey guys! Hope you don't mind me commenting! I am also going to study English Studies with Education! Can't wait! I'm 18 and from Northern Ireland - just finishing my a-levels! Haven't applied for accommodation yet though!

Not at all, when are your results due and do you have any ideas where you want to stay yet?
Original post by emblac
Hi, I'm Embla (from Sweden) and I will be studying Psychology and live in Willow Court! :biggrin: so excited, can't wait until sept!

heyyyyy Embla, I'm from Finland (I have previously lived in Sweden, woop) and staying in Willow Court too! which flat are you staying in? :biggrin:
Original post by chelshocked
Not at all, when are your results due and do you have any ideas where you want to stay yet?

I don't get my results until August 15th and my exams finish this Thursday! What are you studying? I would love to get an enquire room but it seems impossible. Any recommendations for accommodation?
Reply 247
Hi, hope you don't mind me commenting! I am starting in September I will be studying history and professional education. I will also be staying in Willow Court, Flat 5/E. Anyone else:smile:...?
Original post by rachey_95
Hi, hope you don't mind me commenting! I am starting in September I will be studying history and professional education. I will also be staying in Willow Court, Flat 5/E. Anyone else:smile:...?

Hey :smile: I'll be studying history in september too and staying in Willow Court but I'm in Flat 4/E.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eilidhx
Are you travelling then? If so, where do you live? :smile:

yeah, but i live in the city centre, so it's not too bad...still not found any economics friends in here :frown:
Reply 250
Original post by alexandraj93
heyyyyy Embla, I'm from Finland (I have previously lived in Sweden, woop) and staying in Willow Court too! which flat are you staying in? :biggrin:

Heey girl! wooho, awesome!!! :biggrin: in flat 4E, you? excited yet? :smile:
Original post by Lindsay.Brown
I don't get my results until August 15th and my exams finish this Thursday! What are you studying? I would love to get an enquire room but it seems impossible. Any recommendations for accommodation?

I'm the worst person to ask about this unfortunately, I stay only 10 minutes from the university so I will be commuting, have you checked the halls/flats out online?

I'm not actually coming from education either, I'm 23 and have been out of school/college for 4/5 years now so apprehensive about coming back but very excited
Reply 252
Hey, doing business studies in September, not got accommodation sorted yet, any ideas?
Reply 253
Hi I am Glenn I am 19, from Yorkshire, i'll be doing economics and politics in September. Can't apply for accommodation until August 15th but hopefully geddes court.
Original post by Glenn93
Hi I am Glenn I am 19, from Yorkshire, i'll be doing economics and politics in September. Can't apply for accommodation until August 15th but hopefully geddes court.

Hi I'm Laura from Birmingham, I'll be studying Computer science, glad to see I'm not the only one who can't apply for accommodation yet, it's been making me pretty nervous seeing all these people who have already applied!
Original post by Newell94
Freshers week is the week beginning 9th no idea why it says that wasn't the case last year! usually its the 16th :smile:

p.s I wouldn't buy the weekly F pass as most people go into town only school night and if any one other than Vernon kay is DJing will people go! and girls if you decide to go to a foam party a dress is a terrible idea I learned this year. men actually think you are up for it wearing a dress or skirt so avoid!

Thanks for the advice! I didn't know that about foam parties! Haha ill be sure to pack some shorts! :smile:
Original post by Becxi
Yeah I'm in flat 1/3/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which building is that? I'm that exact flat but in Fraser! :smile:
Original post by emblac
Heey girl! wooho, awesome!!! :biggrin: in flat 4E, you? excited yet? :smile:

woohoo, exactly!! I'll be in 3A! :smile: what are you going to study?
Reply 258
Original post by alexandraj93
woohoo, exactly!! I'll be in 3A! :smile: what are you going to study?

Oh that's great!! :smile: I'm doing psychology, you? :smile:
Original post by emblac
Oh that's great!! :smile: I'm doing psychology, you? :smile:

criminology and law !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest