The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelbel1
Funny how this was negatively rated by 2 people, would you care to explain why? Quite clearly you need to know the content before you try a question, but knowing the content should be pretty much done for most people at this stage! Then, practice practice practice!

Hey, you seem smart, going by your grades.

I was wondering whether you could clear this up for me.

I know the UK is part of the custom union (CM) and NOT part of the Eurozone, but is it part of the SEM? Also, what is the difference between the Eurozone and the SEM?

Thank you.
Has anybody got any good evaluative tips, and application points for the 25 markers? And I'm generally stuck on the 5 markers too, I don't always seem to get full marks...

Econ 3 in Jan was great. The questions totally clicked with me, like a jar of nutella + a spoon. Sadly though my evaluation let me down and I only got 17/25 in both essays. :frown:
Reply 183
Original post by Parkway Drive
Hey, you seem smart, going by your grades.

I was wondering whether you could clear this up for me.

I know the UK is part of the custom union (CM) and NOT part of the Eurozone, but is it part of the SEM? Also, what is the difference between the Eurozone and the SEM?

Thank you.

The Single European Market is a Customs Union with a CAT (Common Ex Tariff)
The Eurozone is a Currency Union

Not stepping on Kelbels Toes or anything :P Just knew the answer, i also did well at AS (100ums in Macro and 85 in Micro) and have strong knowledge at A2, more than happy to help :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
What effect does cost push inflation have on labour productivity and investment?
Also in an essay why would you say that pollution is bad for economic growth and effects it has e.g. multinationals going to other countries and polluting the country what effect will this have on the economy of that country?
Reply 185
Original post by Ecomax
The Single European Market is a Customs Union with a CAT (Common Ex Tariff)
The Eurozone is a Currency Union

Not stepping on Kelbels Toes or anything :P Just knew the answer, i also did well at AS (100ums in Macro and 85 in Micro) and have strong knowledge at A2, more than happy to help :smile:

Woooaahh, that was my question :wink: haha, only joking! Very good, simple answer to the question there! Ahhh, are you going for the A* too?
Reply 186
Original post by kelbel1
Woooaahh, that was my question :wink: haha, only joking! Very good, simple answer to the question there! Ahhh, are you going for the A* too?

Haha sorry :P
Indeed so, however, may have messed my Micro up slightly with Context 1, hopefully not too badly!
The higher the A in that the easier the A* is of course, prefer Micro anyway, Macro was a doddle at AS
Reply 187
Original post by ineedtorevise127
What effect does cost push inflation have on labour productivity and investment?
Also in an essay why would you say that pollution is bad for economic growth and effects it has e.g. multinationals going to other countries and polluting the country what effect will this have on the economy of that country?

Pollution is a bad consequence of economic growth, yes, due to the industrial process used especially by MEDC's, a lot of noise and sound pollution created, and the use or burning of non-renewable resources causes pollution. Multinationals polluting other countries is bad because the domestic country is not suffering from any negative externalities as a result of their own gain i.e. the US set up a factory in Malaysia, and there is loads of pollution. The US will probably take all the profits from the venture back to the domestic country, and Malaysia will be left with nothing to show for it except the negative externalities of noise and sound pollution, and a big whopping factory which is probably an eye sore! You would only need a brief description of this in a whole 25 mark essay, for a few marks :smile:
Reply 188
What's the requirements for an A*? I never really looked into much because I never expected to be in the position that I'm in...
Reply 189
Original post by Ecomax
Got any idea how i can direct post them on here? ha, otherwise PM me your email

Thanks for the documents
Reply 190
Original post by Ecomax
Haha sorry :P
Indeed so, however, may have messed my Micro up slightly with Context 1, hopefully not too badly!
The higher the A in that the easier the A* is of course, prefer Micro anyway, Macro was a doddle at AS

Don't you have your Econ 3 results yet then for A2? I much prefer Micro, finding Macro abit trickier!
Reply 191
Original post by Kieran?
What's the requirements for an A*? I never really looked into much because I never expected to be in the position that I'm in...

You need an A at AS, so you need to average 80 UMS, and then you need to average 90 UMS in A2 :smile: x
Reply 192
Original post by kelbel1
Don't you have your Econ 3 results yet then for A2? I much prefer Micro, finding Macro abit trickier!

At our school we do the Unit 3 and Unit 4 exams in June, Macro isn't necessarily trickier, but i get where you're coming from, particularly bringing in Globalisation and the EU I assume? I do politics and both topics come up in it so i generally find them easier.

How did you do in your Econ 3 in Jan, the paper was a dream, would have loved it
Reply 193
Original post by Kieran?

Total 320 and 180 ums at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by Kieran?

You need to total 320ums over the whole course and also total 180ums at A2 level, so technically you could be on a B at AS and still get the A*
Reply 195
Original post by kelbel1
You need an A at AS, so you need to average 80 UMS, and then you need to average 90 UMS in A2 :smile: x

Yeah that's what I thought it was, wasn't sure if I was muddling up Economics and Maths :tongue:
Reply 196
Original post by Ecomax
You need to total 320ums over the whole course and also total 180ums at A2 level, so technically you could be on a B at AS and still get the A*

And if you get 200 at AS and 179 at A2 you can't get A* :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by Ecomax
At our school we do the Unit 3 and Unit 4 exams in June, Macro isn't necessarily trickier, but i get where you're coming from, particularly bringing in Globalisation and the EU I assume? I do politics and both topics come up in it so i generally find them easier.

How did you do in your Econ 3 in Jan, the paper was a dream, would have loved it

Oh right, yeah, sort of. It's just because Unit 2 and 4 are very similar, my class think. I got 100/100 UMS in Econ 3 in Jan.. I wouldn't have exactly called it a dream, much harder if you were sitting the exam on the day I think! Much easier when you're looking at past papers at home lol! Luckily for me, I was hot on Oligopoly for the data question :biggrin:
Original post by kelbel1

You don't need an A at AS you need an A over the whole course xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kelbel1
Pollution is a bad consequence of economic growth, yes, due to the industrial process used especially by MEDC's, a lot of noise and sound pollution created, and the use or burning of non-renewable resources causes pollution. Multinationals polluting other countries is bad because the domestic country is not suffering from any negative externalities as a result of their own gain i.e. the US set up a factory in Malaysia, and there is loads of pollution. The US will probably take all the profits from the venture back to the domestic country, and Malaysia will be left with nothing to show for it except the negative externalities of noise and sound pollution, and a big whopping factory which is probably an eye sore! You would only need a brief description of this in a whole 25 mark essay, for a few marks :smile:

thanks and what effect does cost push inflation have on labour productivity and investment in a country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending