The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography A Unit 2: Human Geography 12th June 2013

Forum for the AQA Geography exam spec A on Wednesday 12th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing this exam , a little nervous as I found human geog a lot harder than the physical geog content. Anyway, anyone else doing:
-Population Change
-The Development Gap
-Population Change
Reply 2
Me!
Original post by goldfish21
I'm doing this exam , a little nervous as I found human geog a lot harder than the physical geog content. Anyway, anyone else doing:
-Population Change
-The Development Gap
-Population Change

So you'll do population change, go to the development gap and then go back and do population change again? :confused:
Reply 4
Might do a bit of Tourism as well :biggrin:
For those of you doing the development gap, what case studies are you going to learn? I dont have any case studies :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by sunshine333
For those of you doing the development gap, what case studies are you going to learn? I dont have any case studies :frown:

I'm going by the cgp guide but hurricane mitch for hindering development, bulgaria vs the UK for different development levels & FARM-africa for reducing inequality?
Original post by shaylux
I'm going by the cgp guide but hurricane mitch for hindering development, bulgaria vs the UK for different development levels & FARM-africa for reducing inequality?

Ok cool. There are some case studies in the AQA Geography textbook but theyre not too great, and weve been doing different case studies at school.
Reply 8
Original post by sunshine333
Ok cool. There are some case studies in the AQA Geography textbook but theyre not too great, and weve been doing different case studies at school.

I'm doing Hurricane Ivan, Cahora Bassa Dam, ActionAid UK, Community youth empowerment programme and Bulgaria V UK
Original post by bbadonde2
I'm doing Hurricane Ivan, Cahora Bassa Dam, ActionAid UK, Community youth empowerment programme and Bulgaria V UK

Yh i think ill be doing those as well actually.
Reply 10
I am feeling really nervous about this exam :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Ammy97
I am feeling really nervous about this exam :frown:

Feeling not particularly confident despite the fact I've learnt pretty much all of it
Reply 12
Original post by bbadonde2
Feeling not particularly confident despite the fact I've learnt pretty much all of it

Same, I am struggling to know what we need to know about each case study
I was looking through a past paper and one of the questions for Population Change last year was identifying the correct type of map. We have done absolutely nothing on this in class so I had no idea on the question. Can someone explain what's going on?
Reply 14
What is the difference between population change and population growth?
Reply 15
Original post by shaylux

I am doing the same.
Reply 16
I have not really revised for this exam and am getting really worried about it. Started going through my notes today.:frown:
Reply 17
I'm doing AQA GCSE GEOGRAPHY WEDNESDAY 12th Q1,2 and 6
TOURISM URBANISATION AND POPULATION I THINK ANY TIPS?
do you have to use case studies to get full marks if they don't say you do in the question? cos I didn't use any for phsyical geography
Original post by krishthakrar
do you have to use case studies to get full marks if they don't say you do in the question? cos I didn't use any for phsyical geography

I don't think so, as they haven't really asked for it as you say. But I think having a case study can boost your marks easier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending