The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ama2007
LOL wahabisss in syria...You clearly have no idea about where syria is :tongue:

Wahabise are found in saudi, UAE, crazy countries who have nothing to do!

Was Hamza al khateeb wahabee? hmmm let me think....maybe his dad was? Thats why they cut his body parts up!

So deluded. I cannot be bothered having a discussion with you!

Fight in Syria had included since day one, attack on its secular nature. Sheikh AlBouti was the latest and most prominent victim of a two years attack on Syrian religious figures. An attack that was launched by FSA on Muslims and Christians who refused to fall prey to the intended civil war scenario. Here are some other martyrs who preferred death to giving up on the true essence of their religions or order the killing of their own nation. They all loved Syria more than they loved money or their next breath:

Dr. M. Sa’id Ramadan Al-Bouti was murdered on 21/3/2013 in Al-Eman mosque in Damascus by a suicide bomber while giving a religion lesson. 48 others were killed by the terrorist attack. AlBouti’s only fault was teaching peace, and tolerance. He was adamant in his support to the Syrian Arab Army, he just recently called all Muslims to fight against FSA extremists.
Sheikh Hassan Bertawy, Imam of AlNawawy mosque in Ruken Addin was assassinated by FSA on 27/8/2012. The terrorists who were stalking him had shot him in front of his house in Ruken Addin Damascus. The Sheikh had appeared repeatedly on Syrian tv, he was known for being pro-regime. Before assassinating him the terrorists had threatened him against appearing on tv, and went as far as burning his home.
Sheikh Abd Al-Latiff AlShami was kidnapped by FSA from Amneh mosque in Seif AlDawleh Aleppo, while praying early on Friday 25/7/2012. He was kidnapped right in front of the worshippers. The kidnappers had fired warning shots to stop people from aiding the Sheikh. His body was found few hours later in Seif AlDawleh park. The Sheikh had participated in several pro-regime functions, held hands with priests in show of a united secular Syria…
Dr. Mohamad Ahmad Awf AlSadik, the Imam of Anas Bin Malek mosque in AlMidan Damascus was killed on 15/2/2012. Terrorists opened fire on the Sheikh’s car while he was heading home. The Sheikh had appeared more than once on the Syrian tv, he asked Saudi Sheikhs on live tv just days before his murder “How can you ban protesting in Saudi Arabia and allow it in Syria”. The martyr had a doctorate in Sharia, was married and had four children.
Sheikh Adnan Saab, the Imam of AlMuhamady mosque in Mezzeh Damascus was killed on 19/3/2013. His car was bombed while he was heading from his home in AlZahera to the mosque to perform morning prayers.
Sheikh Naser AlAlawi, the Imam of Sayda Zainab mosque was killed on 14/4/2012 while going back home in Sayda Zainab from the evening prayers. He was shot from a close range; those who were present said it was like an execution. The murdered was a renowned Shia cleric.
Sheikh Abd Allah AlSaleh, head of Islam affairs “Oqaf” in Raqqa. He was killed on 30/12/2012 in front of his house. The Sheikh was known to for his pro-regime stance.
Priest Basilios Nassar was killed in Kafer Bahem Hama on 25/1/2012. FSA had shot the priest who was trying to aid an injured man, a Muslim.
Priest Fady Haddad was found dead on 25/10/2012 in Rif Dimashq. The priest was kidnapped while giving FSA ransom to release a hostage from his congregation in Qatana. His body was found maimed, his eyes gouged & his head scalp removed.

Beside the attack on religious figures, FSA came with a hit-list full of intellectual figures to take out, scientists, prominent actors, doctors, researchers, generals. They’re trying to take back Syria to the stone age, just like they did in Iraq

Observers believe that the way in which Syrian crisis has unfolded, safe passage has been given to 15,000 or so terrorists of al-Qaeda and its sister organisations, into the Syrian territory through Turkey, with heavy arms and ammunitions. It is known in international circles that this operation is being supported by some countries. In fact, Qatar and Saudi Arabia have openly and publicly declared in international forums that they are arming and financing the insurgents and rebels, who are now being dangerously integrated with the outlaws.

Al-Qaeda leader in Yemen declared that the members of his organisation were transported with Saudi support from Abyan in South Yemen to Syria via Turkey.

The policies of Taliban and al-Qaeda Salafi/Wahabi extremists have been focused on destroying and desecrating the sacred shrines by declaring war on the departed souls and by killing others indiscriminately, as they have been doing in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and now, in Syria. Taking hostages and beheading them are crimes against humanity, which the violent Salafis and Wahabis, members of Taliban and al-Qaeda have committed many times in the past.

The 48 kidnapped Iranian hostages in Syria are being held by the so-called Syrian Liberation Army and they have issued threats to kill them. The SLA has been presenting itself as the alternative power-broker. The nations that support the SLA should be able to answer the dilemma whether their policy of hostage-taking will continue, if and when they manage to control power.

Further, if the hostages were Americans or Europeans instead of Iranians, what would have been the reaction of the international community? There would have been a barrage of condemnation and intervention by the governments and intelligence agencies of the U.S. and European States, not to mention Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mo_maths
Fight in Syria had included since day one, attack on its secular nature. Sheikh AlBouti was the latest and most prominent victim of a two years attack on Syrian religious figures. An attack that was launched by FSA on Muslims and Christians who refused to fall prey to the intended civil war scenario. Here are some other martyrs who preferred death to giving up on the true essence of their religions or order the killing of their own nation. They all loved Syria more than they loved money or their next breath:

Dr. M. Sa’id Ramadan Al-Bouti was murdered on 21/3/2013 in Al-Eman mosque in Damascus by a suicide bomber while giving a religion lesson. 48 others were killed by the terrorist attack. AlBouti’s only fault was teaching peace, and tolerance. He was adamant in his support to the Syrian Arab Army, he just recently called all Muslims to fight against FSA extremists.
Sheikh Hassan Bertawy, Imam of AlNawawy mosque in Ruken Addin was assassinated by FSA on 27/8/2012. The terrorists who were stalking him had shot him in front of his house in Ruken Addin Damascus. The Sheikh had appeared repeatedly on Syrian tv, he was known for being pro-regime. Before assassinating him the terrorists had threatened him against appearing on tv, and went as far as burning his home.
Sheikh Abd Al-Latiff AlShami was kidnapped by FSA from Amneh mosque in Seif AlDawleh Aleppo, while praying early on Friday 25/7/2012. He was kidnapped right in front of the worshippers. The kidnappers had fired warning shots to stop people from aiding the Sheikh. His body was found few hours later in Seif AlDawleh park. The Sheikh had participated in several pro-regime functions, held hands with priests in show of a united secular Syria…
Dr. Mohamad Ahmad Awf AlSadik, the Imam of Anas Bin Malek mosque in AlMidan Damascus was killed on 15/2/2012. Terrorists opened fire on the Sheikh’s car while he was heading home. The Sheikh had appeared more than once on the Syrian tv, he asked Saudi Sheikhs on live tv just days before his murder “How can you ban protesting in Saudi Arabia and allow it in Syria”. The martyr had a doctorate in Sharia, was married and had four children.
Sheikh Adnan Saab, the Imam of AlMuhamady mosque in Mezzeh Damascus was killed on 19/3/2013. His car was bombed while he was heading from his home in AlZahera to the mosque to perform morning prayers.
Sheikh Naser AlAlawi, the Imam of Sayda Zainab mosque was killed on 14/4/2012 while going back home in Sayda Zainab from the evening prayers. He was shot from a close range; those who were present said it was like an execution. The murdered was a renowned Shia cleric.
Sheikh Abd Allah AlSaleh, head of Islam affairs “Oqaf” in Raqqa. He was killed on 30/12/2012 in front of his house. The Sheikh was known to for his pro-regime stance.
Priest Basilios Nassar was killed in Kafer Bahem Hama on 25/1/2012. FSA had shot the priest who was trying to aid an injured man, a Muslim.
Priest Fady Haddad was found dead on 25/10/2012 in Rif Dimashq. The priest was kidnapped while giving FSA ransom to release a hostage from his congregation in Qatana. His body was found maimed, his eyes gouged & his head scalp removed.

Beside the attack on religious figures, FSA came with a hit-list full of intellectual figures to take out, scientists, prominent actors, doctors, researchers, generals. They’re trying to take back Syria to the stone age, just like they did in Iraq

Observers believe that the way in which Syrian crisis has unfolded, safe passage has been given to 15,000 or so terrorists of al-Qaeda and its sister organisations, into the Syrian territory through Turkey, with heavy arms and ammunitions. It is known in international circles that this operation is being supported by some countries. In fact, Qatar and Saudi Arabia have openly and publicly declared in international forums that they are arming and financing the insurgents and rebels, who are now being dangerously integrated with the outlaws.

Al-Qaeda leader in Yemen declared that the members of his organisation were transported with Saudi support from Abyan in South Yemen to Syria via Turkey.

The policies of Taliban and al-Qaeda Salafi/Wahabi extremists have been focused on destroying and desecrating the sacred shrines by declaring war on the departed souls and by killing others indiscriminately, as they have been doing in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and now, in Syria. Taking hostages and beheading them are crimes against humanity, which the violent Salafis and Wahabis, members of Taliban and al-Qaeda have committed many times in the past.

The 48 kidnapped Iranian hostages in Syria are being held by the so-called Syrian Liberation Army and they have issued threats to kill them. The SLA has been presenting itself as the alternative power-broker. The nations that support the SLA should be able to answer the dilemma whether their policy of hostage-taking will continue, if and when they manage to control power.

Further, if the hostages were Americans or Europeans instead of Iranians, what would have been the reaction of the international community? There would have been a barrage of condemnation and intervention by the governments and intelligence agencies of the U.S. and European States, not to mention Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

Very interesting to read, also recently a video has surfaced of Al Nusra executing two FSA members for 'talking to the regime'.

Terrorists have overtaken much of the rebels.

Ive also recently seen a video of a BBC journalist in Damascus, being repeatedly called a liar by the people of Damascus for stirring up the conflict, and the people of Damascus largely feel theyre under attack from terrorists, its not only Assad who believes that, although they could be living in fear of the regime, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTX4-wNPIps

Dunno if thats a legitimate point of view or a brainwashed person.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rational Thinker
I agree with some of what you said but for every Rwanda there is a Vietnam. Every time Britain steps into the breach it receives nothing but ingratitude. I have made good friends with many soldiers and I don't particularly see why it is fair for them to die for other peoples problems, Al Quaeda are bankrolling the rebels. Personally if Britain has to get involved they should collect the names and bank details of those supporting intervention and then charge them for the hospital costs for injured soldiers, the families destroyed in Britain because the father or mother has been killed, the psychological ramifications the children in these families then experience as well as the cost to the tax payer for a war the expenditure of which could have been spent upon education, healthcare and other things.

For god’s sake we’re not asking the West to die for us and the Syrians themselves won’t accept that because they’re already dying for their own country to achieve freedom. What we need from the West is to stop being hypocrites and stop supporting Assad behind doors.
Original post by Apocrypha
Very interesting to read, also recently a video has surfaced of Al Nusra executing two FSA members for 'talking to the regime'.

Terrorists have overtaken much of the rebels.

Ive also recently seen a video of a BBC journalist in Damascus, being repeatedly called a liar by the people of Damascus for stirring up the conflict, and the people of Damascus largely feel theyre under attack from terrorists, its not only Assad who believes that, although they could be living in fear of the regime, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTX4-wNPIps

Dunno if thats a legitimate point of view or a brainwashed person.

The BBC are so biased in Syria, they only show interviews of people that have been affected by the government forces, and make out the terrorist infected rebels to be heroes.
Original post by player19
As it seems al Qusayr has fallen, which is for the Rebels something as Berlin for Nazi germany. Congratulation to mr.Assad for defeading the traitors and the crazy islamists.

He hasn’t won yet. He’s just stalling for time. I mean, let’s face it, resistance won’t stop and the current situation is like a sword of Damocles hanging over him. It's only a matter of time till he’ll be thrown into the dustbin of history.

How different are the Shia's to Sunni's?

If you watch rebel videos they scream Allahu Akbar consistently throughout, yet the Syrian Army (Whom i guess are Shia's mostly) never do that.

The video shows them taking the micky out of Sunni's (I presume) But they make it out like theyre completely different!

Is the difference that big? Is 'Allahu Akbar' a Sunni term?

I mean, from my point of view watching that video it looks like theyre a bunch of atheists.

As one of the comments says "Those guy will be punished in hell fire." Don't use this as an event that is used to lay the blame on for all that goes wrong, regardless of the contributions of others.
Ok this is defiantly wrong, but the stuff the terrorist infected rebels are doing is much worse and there are many more incidents.
Reply 208
There is so much drivial being said by assad. He killed Boutee, he set it up to look like the FSA killed him and that way all the "muslims" will go "OMG the syrians are so bad they are killing a shiekh too!! :eek: "

He was only a spare shoe that bashar al assad wore and then got tired of so he killed him. How can you believe a guy who says until this day he hasn't killed anyone and he is fighting terrorist....? SO much drivial he talks and only the naive will believe him. How did 100,000 people get killed? Guess what he said in his last interview....they hanged themselves LOL what a nutter! But then, he has some mental issues...who else would he sleep at night having ordered soldiers to rape mothers infront of their children and then let them die naked in the streets? Is he normal?

He is a savage, capable of doing anything and turning the tables...
Original post by Mo_maths
The BBC are so biased in Syria, they only show interviews of people that have been affected by the government forces, and make out the terrorist infected rebels to be heroes.

:confused:

The BBC's Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen reports from Damascus and he's filming pro Assad people!
There's another vid for Jeremy interviewing pro Assad but can't place it at the moment.
Original post by Syrian Guy
For god’s sake we’re not asking the West to die for us and the Syrians themselves won’t accept that because they’re already dying for their own country to achieve freedom. What we need from the West is to stop being hypocrites and stop supporting Assad behind doors.

It was partially in reference to the idiot who proposed we send in ground forces. Britain is blamed for things that are not of its making too much already. Also while I don't want to send weapons to Assad the rebels are equally evil. That being said I donating to some humanitarian organisations in Syria. I sympathise with the civilian's who both sides are hurting but not the groups themselves.
Reply 211
It was partially in reference to the idiot who proposed we send in ground forces.

Are you talking about me? Because if you are, you will see that I specifically rejected sending in British ground forces (for the reasons you specified).
Original post by Clessus
Are you talking about me? Because if you are, you will see that I specifically rejected sending in British ground forces (for the reasons you specified).

Again not you.
Reply 213
Again not you.

Oh right, sorry :smile:
Original post by Clessus
Oh right, sorry :smile:

I don't agree with Assad but I also think there is more to it than hero Rebels vs Evil dictator. Assad is not a nice person and his wife is renowned for her conspicuous consumption but the Rebels seem nasty as well. That's a nice profile picture you have by the way.
Reply 215
I don't agree with Assad but I also think there is more to it than hero Rebels vs Evil dictator. Assad is not a nice person and his wife is renowned for her conspicuous consumption but the Rebels seem nasty as well.

True, but still. In my view Assad has to go, to at least give the country a chance as his rule lacks any legitimacy, and it's clear he is the main source of the violence (the emergence of Islamist groups came long after his crackdowns, violence and repression). He has rejected all attempts to democratise or liberalise his regime, or to share power despite being in office for 10 years. That why I advocated supporting and strengthening the SNC and the (fairly) secular FSA, to undercut the Islamists in the opposition.

That's a nice profile picture you have by the way.

Thank you, it's Andrija Hebrang, who fought to free Croatia from the Nazis, Italians and their quislings :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Clessus
True, but still. In my view Assad has to go, to at least give the country a chance as his rule lacks any legitimacy. That why I advocated supporting and strengthening the SNC and the (fairly) secular FSA, to undercut the Islamists in the opposition.

Thank you, it's Andrija Hebrang, who fought to free Croatia from the Nazis, Italians and their quislings :smile:

It's hard to know who is who at this point. The Syrian rebels no doubt started out with the best of intentions but the revolution will turn on itself and devour its children, the revolution it seems most akin to is the Mexican revolution which removed a despot only for it's leader to become one as well. Assad is no Gadhafi though, whereas Gadhafi kept his army divided, Assad's is acute but powerful and I can't see Assad leaving, if he leaves he dies and he knows that.

Well chosen, I remember reading something about Hebrang he was a victims of Stalin I believe although I may be wrong, it's sad, it seems the biggest victims of Stalin were those of genuine left wing views, eg Hebrang, Kamnev, Trotsky, Zinoviev. I think it was Lenin and Stalin who dissolved trade unions under the argument that "they were the trade unions now".
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by Clessus
True, but still. In my view Assad has to go, to at least give the country a chance as his rule lacks any legitimacy, and it's clear he is the main source of the violence (the emergence of Islamist groups came long after his crackdowns, violence and repression). He has rejected all attempts to democratise or liberalise his regime, or to share power despite being in office for 10 years. That why I advocated supporting and strengthening the SNC and the (fairly) secular FSA, to undercut the Islamists in the opposition.

But it makes you think, Iraq was better with Saddam than Iraq is now; would Syria be like Iraq? Legitimate government maybe, better for Syria as a whole? Too much that could go wrong...
So long as Russia keeps up the good work supplying Assad with brank sqeaky new weapons hopefully he should prevail, letting a bunch of rag terrorists rule Syria... no we've seen what happens when things like this happen... take Somalia for instance and Iraq and Libya as smaller ones... as soon as any western nation goes near them they blow up and stay that way. Lets just hope Mr Putin keeps giving Mr Assad nice new ASM and SAMs to keep any would be western force away whilst he mops up the filth that is destroying the country.
Reply 219
It's hard to know who is who at this point. The Syrian rebels no doubt started out with the best of intentions but the revolution will turn on itself and devour its children, the revolution it seems most akin to is the Mexican revolution which removed a despot only for it's leader to become one as well. Assad is no Gadhafi though, whereas Gadhafi kept his army divided, Assad's is acute but powerful and I can't see Assad leaving, if he leaves he dies and he knows that.

Very true, it's very sad to see. I do have great sympathy for the Syrian people caught up in it all. I just hope that the ongoing negotiations at least sort something out.

Well chosen, I remember reading something about Hebrang he was a victims of Stalin I believe although I may be wrong, it's sad, it seems the biggest victims of Stalin were those of genuine left wing views, eg Hebrang, Kamnev, Trotsky, Zinoviev. I think it was Lenin and Stalin who dissolved trade unions under the argument that they were the trade unions now.

Indeed. The Russian Civil War, which saw the fledgling Bolshevik regime, the repository of the hopes of millions of socialists worldwide, transform itself into a dictatorship, while continuing to justify its rule on the basis of its “revolutionary socialism,” a paradox that was starkly posed when the Bolsheviks suppressed the uprising of revolutionary sailors and workers at Kronstadt in 1921 in the name of the “workers” state. And so it went on, as you say.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending