The Student Room Group

Is marketing a decent acknowledged degree?!?!

Hello to anyone who sees this,

So I've had big trouble deciding whch degree to do, orginally deciding accounting, then geography but now I'm sure that I've found the one for me. This being 'Buisness management and marketing'... Can people please be honest and share your views on this degree choice, ha it got substance? I'm not one to spend 21,000 grand on a course that's not worth it. Saying that, I'm certain this is something I would enjoy. Please share your views.
Reply 1
This is my own opinion, so whatever i say don't let it change what you want to do completely, im just giving my own opinion haha. I personally think that yes the course you've chosen is very good... however i just want you to keep in mind that this is quite a popular course, so there will be a large amount of people who have a business management degree etc etc. If you choose this, make sure to make yourself stand out, don't rely on this course to get you a job, what i mean by this is if a student chose to do a Japanese course, this would lead them to obvious jobs such as translating and what not, but by having this degree you would have to try very hard to get yourself a job in a respected company, but i think you should do it regardless, if you like it, you will be dedicated to do the work for it, don't pick something you wouldnt enjoy.
Reply 2
Sounds not very useful to me.
Reply 3
Not a degree that I would like to do. The situation is that the market is flooded with business graduates. Nearly every university offers a business course or something similar, so you can imagine the amount of business graduates every year and the amount of competition there is. IMO business is just a watered down version of economics and I think employers will always choose an economics graduate over a business graduate. Most degrees open doors for you to get a job that a business graduate can get, so you're not just competing with people with similar degrees, but with other people who have degrees like physics and maths too. Studying business limits your career too.
Reply 4
Original post by Crms123
Hello to anyone who sees this,

So I've had big trouble deciding whch degree to do, orginally deciding accounting, then geography but now I'm sure that I've found the one for me. This being 'Buisness management and marketing'... Can people please be honest and share your views on this degree choice, ha it got substance? I'm not one to spend 21,000 grand on a course that's not worth it. Saying that, I'm certain this is something I would enjoy. Please share your views.

Well actually I think you're not looking into what you want far enough.
First look at the different courses you want to do.................then list the uni's for each course you would like to do that course at, then actually look at the course modules and contents, it should help to see whether you'll like what your learning or not.
Reply 5
Original post by Iqbal007
Well actually I think you're not looking into what you want far enough.
First look at the different courses you want to do.................then list the uni's for each course you would like to do that course at, then actually look at the course modules and contents, it should help to see whether you'll like what your learning or not.

Yeah I have done all that and applied to universities I like... Bit worried now, I totally understand what people have said on this thread that there is a saturation of buisness degrees in the market. Is it normal to have some doubt over a chosen course or should I be totally happy about it?
Reply 6
Original post by Crms123
Yeah I have done all that and applied to universities I like... Bit worried now, I totally understand what people have said on this thread that there is a saturation of buisness degrees in the market. Is it normal to have some doubt over a chosen course or should I be totally happy about it?

Well just remember its not solely the degree you get or the grade that you get that will determine you get a job in the future. It rarely is, you got to take part in some serious stuff and high up, like societies or volunteering and have a genuine position, so when it comes to interviews you have something to talk to them about and be able to talk very clearly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending