The Student Room Group

WJEC CG3 January 2013

Scroll to see replies

What do you lot reckon the last question would be about? I HOPE it's compilation process, don't mind user interfaces but please not be programming languages.
Reply 41
Original post by Enginerd.
What do you lot reckon the last question would be about? I HOPE it's compilation process, don't mind user interfaces but please not be programming languages.

I hope it's compilation process as well. It might be about multiprogramming, muti tasking and multiaccess, i don't think they asked a 12 marker on this, have they? There was a nice 12 marker for CG1 so I hope we get a nice question for CG3 as well.
Original post by nm786
I hope it's compilation process as well. It might be about multiprogramming, muti tasking and multiaccess, i don't think they asked a 12 marker on this, have they? There was a nice 12 marker for CG1 so I hope they we get a nice question for CG3 as well.

I don't think the multiprogramming would be worth 12-16 marks. Maybe, an 8 or 10, definitely not the last one. However, Jan 2013 was about addressing the input and output for disabled people, June 2012 was about tools to develop software and Jan 2012 was about programming languages.

I have a slight feeling, we may be asked to talk about just the compilation process or different user interfaces.
Any of these could be ideal.
Most of the time the end questions have been fairly easy to answer, except Jan 13, that was a bit ****. Hopefully compilation or programming languages come up again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Hahaha I have to retake CG3 because I did badly in the Jan 13 paper. I dropped like a mark for every question and they added up to a lot. Only had 3 marks for the final essay question at the end. I had 98/130 UMS which was about 68. I kept thinking how on earth did I drop 32 marks :tongue:
Original post by archdd

Original post by LewisRichardson

Original post by nm786

Can any of you tell me what time the exam is tomorrow. I don't have an exam timetable so have no idea if it's morning or afternoon.
Reply 46
1. I also have an exam in the morning but it doesn't mention anything about a clash so I presume the afternoon is correct. Exam boards publish their exam times too so you could also check for all your exams on the websites.
Original post by archdd
1. I also have an exam in the morning but it doesn't mention anything about a clash so I presume the afternoon is correct. Exam boards publish their exam times too so you could also check for all your exams on the websites.

I don't understand their stupid website. Can someone tell me please.
Reply 48
Can any of you tell me what time the exam is tomorrow. I don't have an exam timetable so have no idea if it's morning or afternoon.

Afternoon mate 1:00.
Original post by nm786
Afternoon mate 1:00.

Will rep, thanks! Thought it was morning -_-
Reply 50
Will rep, thanks! Thought it was morning -_-

No problem, Good Luck and to everyone else doing the exam!
Reply 51
Yeah afternoon. Good luck people
Good luck! Averaging 70 Raw Marks in the Exams! Need to do this tomorrow and I'll be happy!
Would anyone happen to have the mark scheme for jun 2012?

I feel so unprepared for this exam :frown: I can never seem to get the answer the mark scheme wants.

EDIT: Never mind, I found one. Good luck for the exam :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
How did everyone find the paper? The recursion dry run was scary hard for me but the rest was fine :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Huwtrosky
How did everyone find the paper? The recursion dry run was scary hard for me but the rest was fine :smile:

Horrible lol. I had 30 minutes at the end then when I was counting what I think I got I realised I missed question 26 and 27 then I had to do them at the end. Even rhough I had spare time I wasn't sure what else I could do because no way will I ever get questions fully right with wjec mark schemes. I think the recursive of 4 was 2. What was your ezample of the base case? It was either = 1 or =2 and I put the latter :frown:
Reply 56
Yeah it seemed to work our as 4 to 2 but I can't figure out what was the function of it
Reply 57
Me neither I kept writing it out and it was like 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13... So I said it was the sum of the last two values of the function.
(edited 10 years ago)
What a brilliant paper, couldn't have asked fr anything better. Myself, i never did the dry run of the equation. Wanted to come back but never had the time, every other question was good, 1 or 2 i may have slipped up.

Big marker ones were good, compilation, file structures, etc. The programming one was good, as was the BNF and the 3rd Normal form.

The only one which i had no clue was the "Why not store the age"? I was like why!!!!??? So i just wrote that it will need regular updating? May as well try for the mark. All in all. Good.
What more could you ask on a paper like this? They were practically giving marks away with multiprogramming, compilation and the last question. The BNF and third normal form were straightforward. The only tricky part was the algorithm in the middle I suppose.
Also above guy, you're right with that database question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending