The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by LittleMissNoface
Yea, STEP is a good idea!
Has anyone found any good relevant STEP questions for Core 4, coz trust me, their is gunna be that one 9 mark question which in a sentence will take like 20 minutes.

Also anyone on tips for time?
That is my killer, I never finish!!!!

I always find I'm tight for time, but I do tend to check through my answers thoroughly.

The only way I can think to save time is to not write too much workings, that is, only enough that you need to get the marks (if that makes any sense at all). You can see from past mark schemes what kind of things will give you the marks on a question, even if you get the answer wrong.
Has anyone found any good relevant STEP questions for Core 4, coz trust me, their is gunna be that one 9 mark question which in a sentence will take like 20 minutes.

I posted some earlier in the thread.

But here's another brilliant d/e q I found. Took me a while!!
Reply 222
how would you solve that? :L
Can someone please help me with this question from Jan 2011 c4 paper.
Its question 8 ) b ) ii ) I can get the scalar parameter to be 1 and 5/7 but I do not see why the mark scheme dismisses the parameter to be 1.

Heres the paper and mark scheme:
Reply 224
Have a look a few pages back , theres an explanation... couldn't figure it out myself at the time either.
Original post by Ravster
Only the following C4 identities are in the booklet:

sin(A+-B) =
cos(A+-B)=
tan(A+-B)=

Everything else you'll need to memorise, including C3 stuff.

Thanks so much!
Reply 226
Original post by mrhedgehog
Can someone please help me with this question from Jan 2011 c4 paper.
Its question 8 ) b ) ii ) I can get the scalar parameter to be 1 and 5/7 but I do not see why the mark scheme dismisses the parameter to be 1.

Heres the paper and mark scheme:

post number 108 mate.
Original post by mulac1
post number 108 mate.

cheers :biggrin:
Original post by GeneralOJB
I posted some earlier in the thread.

But here's another brilliant d/e q I found. Took me a while!!

Ooh, I'll have to try that one tomorrow. I've been neglecting STEP in order to prioritise my A-Level exams (I'm only doing STEP because I want to, I don't need it).

I've attached a d/e question I did earlier.
Reply 229

Have a look somewhere between page 6 and 8.
Reply 230
Only need like a low grade in this for an A overall (unless D1 went horrendously wrong), but looking at the ums convertor you can drop like 10 marks and get 100 UMS which would mean I get an A*. I doubt it will happen though cause I keep losing marks on the final part of the vector question and did bloody awful in the Jan 13 paper. :frown:

Was Jan 13 a particularly hard paper or is it just me?
Original post by Prepotency
Ooh, I'll have to try that one tomorrow. I've been neglecting STEP in order to prioritise my A-Level exams (I'm only doing STEP because I want to, I don't need it).

Oh I've done that one, it's brilliant. :biggrin: Hope there's a d.e. question this year, I always find them easy.

Here's a good c4 trig question. part iii is tricky.
Reply 232
Original post by Prepotency

Original post by AmyLH
Only need like a low grade in this for an A overall (unless D1 went horrendously wrong), but looking at the ums convertor you can drop like 10 marks and get 100 UMS which would mean I get an A*. I doubt it will happen though cause I keep losing marks on the final part of the vector question and did bloody awful in the Jan 13 paper. :frown:

Was Jan 13 a particularly hard paper or is it just me?

Yes, Jan13 had the lowest grade boundaries.

For full UMS:
Jan13 - 63
Jun12 - 65
Jan12 - 69
Jun11 - 65
Jan11 - 75
Jun10 - 72
Jan10 - 75
Original post by Bord3r

I'm doing STEP 1 for fun too, I'm in L6 so obviously don't need to, but it is enjoyable once you get into it.
Reply 235
Original post by GeneralOJB
I'm doing STEP 1 for fun too, I'm in L6 so obviously don't need to, but it is enjoyable once you get into it.

Fair enough. When is the exam?
Original post by Bord3r
Fair enough. When is the exam?

STEP 1 is 25th June.
I am so stressed out about this exam, its going to be my worst one and stop me getting into uni :frown:
Reply 238
Original post by Bord3r
Well can't it just be written as
(1x)2dx \int(1-x) ^{-2} dx

Which gives
(1x)1-(1-x) ^{-1}

Awks no one picked up this in fact integrates to

(1x)1+c(1-x) ^{-1}+c
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MPC4-W-WRE-JAN11.PDF

"Part (b)(i) Almost all found the vector OD correctly. However very few candidates gained the
mark for the equation of the line as most wrote 2 l =.. instead of r =.. so they didn’t actually
have a vector equation of the line."

Wtf....... how can they take marks for this?? Since when did it have to be r=...?? I just wrote the equation of the line. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending