The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by TheInvincibles14
What does everyone think of the final tomorrow? Can Ferrer give Nadal a good game or will he win 3-0? Ferrer hasn't dropped a set yet so I think it will be an interesting contest.

Pretty high chance of a 3-0 win.
Reply 2881
Original post by TheInvincibles14
What does everyone think of the final tomorrow? Can Ferrer give Nadal a good game or will he win 3-0? Ferrer hasn't dropped a set yet so I think it will be an interesting contest.

Nadal to win in 3 sets they could be 3 easy sets or 3 tight sets. Either way Nadals going to win.:wink:
Reply 2882
Original post by ubi1
Also the way Roger has been playing he may also go down at the hands of Tsonga or Berdych.

I didn't say he can't. Bad losses/upsets can happen to anyone and unlike you, I am not oblivious to that fact. :smile:
My head says Rafa in 4 but heart says Ferrer in 4. Ferrer has to take the first set or it's pretty much game over.
Now, to whoever was asking about seedings for Wimby and which quarter the 5th seed is "likely" to fall into, the seedings are done randomly. That said, over the last 30 years (since 1983), Nos. 3 and 5 have landed in the same quarter 13 times, Nos. 4 and 5 - 9 times, Nos 2 & 5 - 5 times and Nos 1 and 5 only 3 times.
In 2011 and 2012, the No. 5 seed landed in the very bottom quarter of the draw (i.e. with the No. 2 seed).
Reply 2885
Original post by Krish4791
Now, to whoever was asking about seedings for Wimby and which quarter the 5th seed is "likely" to fall into, the seedings are done randomly. That said, over the last 30 years (since 1983), Nos. 3 and 5 have landed in the same quarter 13 times, Nos. 4 and 5 - 9 times, Nos 2 & 5 - 5 times and Nos 1 and 5 only 3 times.
In 2011 and 2012, the No. 5 seed landed in the very bottom quarter of the draw (i.e. with the No. 2 seed).

Am predicting Rafa vs Federer Quarter Finals Wimby.
Original post by ubi1
Am predicting Rafa vs Federer Quarter Finals Wimby.

Maybe, but am not sure the organizers would want that particularly. I personally think it will be Nadal vs Ferrer or maybe even Murray vs Nadal QF.
Reply 2887
Original post by Krish4791
Maybe, but am not sure the organizers would want that particularly. I personally think it will be Nadal vs Ferrer or maybe even Murray vs Nadal QF.

The organisers wouldn't want their man Murray eliminated quite early so Nadal vs Ferrer is good.
Original post by ubi1
The organisers wouldn't want their man Murray eliminated quite early so Nadal vs Ferrer is good.

What makes you think he'd get past Murray when he couldn't even beat Rosol? :lol:
Original post by ubi1

On grass Murray is better than nadal IMO although I may be biased

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2890
Original post by Zepploydath
What makes you think he'd get past Murray when he couldn't even beat Rosol? :lol:

Omg! After Federer, Nadal is the best player on grass in this era.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ubi1

Haha, nice save there editing your first comment. The last time Murray played Nadal Murray bagelled him in the 3rd set. Murray has gotten better since then and Nadal has declined. Not to mention Murray has a more natural grass court game.
Original post by ubi1

Murray>nadal now on grass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2893
Original post by Zepploydath
Haha, nice save there editing your first comment. The last time Murray played Nadal Murray bagelled him in the 3rd set. Murray has gotten better since then and Nadal has declined. Not to mention Murray has a more natural grass court game.

On a hardcourt atp 500 series he bageled him.Nadal could care less about that, But in the Majors Nadal beat him in every surface.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2894
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Murray>nadal now on grass

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal>Murray>Delpo:wink:
Original post by ubi1
On a hardcourt atp 500 series he bageled him.Nadal could care less about that, But in the Majors Nadal beat him in every surface.

Nadal only beats Murray on clay - on hard and grass Murray is better. Nadal is still good at them but is probably 3rd best on those surfaces with Murray and federer before him on grass and djokovic and Murray before him on hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2896
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Nadal only beats Murray on clay - on hard and grass Murray is better. Nadal is still good at them but is probably 3rd best on those surfaces with Murray and federer before him on grass and djokovic and Murray before him on hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you be so sure of this when they haven't played for 2 years?
Original post by ubi1
Nadal>Murray>Delpo:wink:

On grass for the top five except ferrer IMO it's Murray>Federer>Nadal>Djokovic

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Prendah
How can you be so sure of this when they haven't played for 2 years?

I'm not sure - it's my opinion but Murray has improved on grass and in my eyes is favourite for Wimbledon whereas nadal is weaker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazing

[video="youtube;21in-9EqHi4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21in-9EqHi4[/video]

Latest