The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanb97
ooh my... why are you on here then ? :biggrin:

:lol: :dontknow: I've realised cgp is so much less detailed than it needs to be... And as that's all I've used I'm screwed.
Reply 601
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: :dontknow: I've realised cgp is so much less detailed than it needs to be... And as that's all I've used I'm screwed.

Don't worry! CGP is the most reliable one. They're 100% true to the syllabus, any more detail is just wasteing brain space. You'll be fine if you use CGP. :biggrin:

Have you checked the specification for things you need to know because other revision guides may provide more detail than is needed... :smile:
Reply 603

it isnt..i have around 4/5 revision guides (i know its crazy)
and the CGP one is by far the best .. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 604
oh ... and can we use google hangouts next time.... that tiny chat thing was quick,,,but well...ermm,,,crapppyyy

you couldnt send stuff properly ...or write a full sentence right
plus it was hard to see whos message was whos... it mixed up the colours :colondollar: :biggrin:
Original post by ryanb97
oh ... and can we use google hangouts next time.... that tiny chat thing was quick,,,but well...ermm,,,crapppyyy

plus it was hard to see whos message was whos... it mixed up the colours :colondollar: :biggrin:

I agree. I wanted to copy and paste peoples answers which I didn't know and would learn later. Honestly, I'm halfway through recapping B4 (which was my worst module) but after that tinychat session yesterday I feel much more confident in B4 and relaxed. I urge everyone to try the session at 2 - 3pm, it really does help :smile: However, now B6 is my worst module :frown:
Original post by andersson
Don't worry! CGP is the most reliable one. They're 100% true to the syllabus, any more detail is just wasteing brain space. You'll be fine if you use CGP. :biggrin:

Original post by BP_Tranquility
Have you checked the specification for things you need to know because other revision guides may provide more detail than is needed... :smile:

Original post by ryanb97
it isnt..i have around 4/5 revision guides (i know its crazy)
and the CGP one is by far the best .. :biggrin:

Aaah. Okay. I'll recap B6, it's annoying having two exams tomorrow, especially as bio isn'tfirst:frown:
Reply 607
Aaah. Okay. I'll recap B6, it's annoying having two exams tomorrow, especially as bio isn'tfirst:frown:

Do you have history?
Original post by ryanb97

Original post by IHTWFR
I agree. I wanted to copy and paste peoples answers which I didn't know and would learn later. Honestly, I'm halfway through recapping B4 (which was my worst module) but after that tinychat session yesterday I feel much more confident in B4 and relaxed. I urge everyone to try the session at 2 - 3pm, it really does help :smile: However, now B6 is my worst module :frown:

I've opened a private chatroom here (select any colour but black! :smile: ):
http://us10.chatzy.com/15169112055910

So...if someone wants to test it out because it looks better than TinyChat... :colone:

The colours that are being used at the moment are black, turquoise,pink, blue, green...Try and select another colour if you can for your name! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 609
Original post by IHTWFR

Me too I need to do B6. :frown: If you're still not so confident in B4 and 5, I could send you some mind maps I made about them (The Human Body and Plants), if you're more of a visual learner.
Do you have history?

No, History is over! (Unless I decide to do an A2 in it:lol:)

S1:frown:
Me too I need to do B6. :frown: If you're still not so confident in B4 and 5, I could send you some mind maps I made about them (The Human Body and Plants), if you're more of a visual learner.

Yes please mate :smile: Honestly, I hope with Bio they have different proportion of marks for each section like they did in Jan where B3 had the least amount of questions I think.
Reply 612

What's statistics like? I've chosen maths and FM so I'm going to have to pick more than just mechanics, and I've looked at decision past papers and I don't really like it.

I have British Depth Study Source Paper tomorrow and I'm sitting here revising for Biology. However, I'm just dreading the technique, structure and timing as I know all the contextual knowledge. What exam board do you do?
Reply 614
Original post by IHTWFR
Yes please mate :smile: Honestly, I hope with Bio they have different proportion of marks for each section like they did in Jan where B3 had the least amount of questions I think.

PM me your email.
What's statistics like? I've chosen maths and FM so I'm going to have to pick more than just mechanics, and I've looked at decision past papers and I don't really like it.

Stats is basically Unit 1 of AQA Modular Maths GCSE. It's hard, just tiresome..

Depends on exam board. Easy though, and not too bad.
Original post by IHTWFR
I have British Depth Study Source Paper tomorrow and I'm sitting here revising for Biology. However, I'm just dreading the technique, structure and timing as I know all the contextual knowledge. What exam board do you do?

I did WJEC for.my GCSE two years ago, and WJEC for my AS history this/last year
Depends on exam board. Easy though, and not too bad.

I did WJEC for.my GCSE two years ago, and WJEC for my AS history this/last year

Are you in year 11(?)

WJEC is a nice exam board, especially since I'm picking Eng Lit next year - I think I can get A* with WJEC :smile:
Original post by IHTWFR
Are you in year 11(?)

WJEC is a nice exam board, especially since I'm picking Eng Lit next year - I think I can get A* with WJEC :smile:

Yeah, I'm in year eleven, are you?

Well, they are and they aren't... :lol:
Yeah, I'm in year eleven, are you?

Well, they are and they aren't... :lol:

No ****, Sherlock.

It really depends, I've heard they can be right dicks when they want to be.

Is anyone else like doing a walk through/answering of the Revision Summary Questions from CGP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending