The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Pastaferian
Banners and balloons might be a bit OTT, but a card saying that you missed having her around might hit the spot. Btw, if you want to have a proper talk with someone, an activity without distractions (eg, a country walk) is better than a film. But if you just want a bit of bonding, a film is just the job.

We did a bit of bonding today. Sarah was really good today, I wasn't feeling well and was sick. She didn't get annoyed (she wont be wearing a certain pair of shoes for a while!) I got cleaned up and she made my bed nice and warm. She tucked me in and told me a story like she does with my step brother. People may say I am a bit old for that but I enjoyed it. In the afternoon she gave me her iPad so I could watch some films off it. She also has bought a new film for me. I am feeling better now, Sarah was saying if she feels that I am not well enough for school tomorrow she will take another day off work, In a way I am feeling bad because she has to take days of work, how do I stop feeling so bad?:smile:
Original post by roar:)
Sarah was really good today, I wasn't feeling well and was sick. She didn't get annoyed (she wont be wearing a certain pair of shoes for a while!) I got cleaned up and she made my bed nice and warm. She tucked me in and told me a story like she does with my step brother. People may say I am a bit old for that but I enjoyed it. In the afternoon she gave me her iPad so I could watch some films off it. She also has bought a new film for me. I am feeling better now, Sarah was saying if she feels that I am not well enough for school tomorrow she will take another day off work, In a way I am feeling bad because she has to take days of work, how do I stop feeling so bad?:smile:

That's what mothers are there for. :smile:
The fact that she did this is a good sign. Once you are better you could make her a card to say thank you for her doing this for you, and say that you really liked how close it made you feel. Make sure you keep saying thank you through your illness too.
Talk to her and tell her that you are not her 3 year old son. That you think that what she does by putting you in the corner is embarrassing. If that doesn't work, try and come up with some boundaries that you could live with. For example: You act by some standards and she doesn't put you in the corner. Try talking to her and maybe you might find out that you actually understand where she's coming from if she told why she was doing what she does!!!!
Reply 163
Original post by Anonymous
The fact that she did this is a good sign. Once you are better you could make her a card to say thank you for her doing this for you, and say that you really liked how close it made you feel. Make sure you keep saying thank you through your illness too.

When my little brother was at nursery he made me a Get Well Soon Card it was so sweet his teachers wrote it but he drew kisses and hearts round it. I love the card and at the moment it is currently hanging up on my wall. She is giving me lots of cuddles at the moment. I am thanking her a lot, she made me some soup for dinner and came upstairs and ate hers with me so it was nice not to be alone!:smile:
We did a bit of bonding today. Sarah was really good today, I wasn't feeling well and was sick. She didn't get annoyed (she wont be wearing a certain pair of shoes for a while!) I got cleaned up and she made my bed nice and warm. She tucked me in and told me a story like she does with my step brother. People may say I am a bit old for that but I enjoyed it. In the afternoon she gave me her iPad so I could watch some films off it. She also has bought a new film for me. I am feeling better now, Sarah was saying if she feels that I am not well enough for school tomorrow she will take another day off work, In a way I am feeling bad because she has to take days of work, how do I stop feeling so bad?:smile:

I'm glad things keep improving relationship-wise. Get well soon. :smile:
Reply 165
I'm glad things keep improving relationship-wise. Get well soon. :smile:

I went back to school today and I can say my relationship with Sarah is improving. She came and met me at the train station today and I walked home with her. It was nice:smile: Some person she knew said hello and Sarah introduced me as her daughter! she didn't say step daughter she said DAUGHTER:happy2::rave: I was so happy. When we got home I hugged her. I don't understand maths or science or English (dyslexic/dyscalcula) and Sarah was really kind and I didn't get the maths she was so patient with me and she helped. I got the work done and I sort of us understand it. Sarah has a doctors appoitment on Saturday to see the baby and I have been invited to go with her, She is leaving my step brother with my step aunt so the two of us can go and see the baby and then maybe go for a hot chocolate! Can't wait till Saturday:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 166
Original post by Anonymous

I thanked her a lot. I went back to school today (gave her a break lol)
I can say my relationship with Sarah is improving. She came and met me at the train station today and I walked home with her. It was nice:smile: Some person she knew said hello and Sarah introduced me as her daughter! she didn't say step daughter she said DAUGHTER I was so happy. When we got home I hugged her. I don't understand maths or science or English (dyslexic/dyscalcula) and Sarah was really kind and I didn't get the maths she was so patient with me and she helped. I got the work done and I sort of us understand it. Sarah has a doctors appoitment on Saturday to see the baby and I have been invited to go with her, She is leaving my step brother with my step aunt so the two of us can go and see the baby and then maybe go for a hot chocolate! Can't wait till Saturday:biggrin:
I went back to school today and I can say my relationship with Sarah is improving. She came and met me at the train station today and I walked home with her. It was nice:smile: Some person she knew said hello and Sarah introduced me as her daughter! she didn't say step daughter she said DAUGHTER:happy2::rave: I was so happy. When we got home I hugged her. I don't understand maths or science or English (dyslexic/dyscalcula) and Sarah was really kind and I didn't get the maths she was so patient with me and she helped. I got the work done and I sort of us understand it. Sarah has a doctors appoitment on Saturday to see the baby and I have been invited to go with her, She is leaving my step brother with my step aunt so the two of us can go and see the baby and then maybe go for a hot chocolate! Can't wait till Saturday:biggrin:

More good news :smile:

The only problem that you haven't reported back on is being sent for a timeout in the corner. Now that you're getting on so well, perhaps your can ask for more age-appropriate punishments in future, like loss of TV/phone/Facebook privileges - I'm sure she'll say yes :rofl2:
Reply 168
More good news :smile:

The only problem that you haven't reported back on is being sent for a timeout in the corner. Now that you're getting on so well, perhaps your can ask for more age-appropriate punishments in future, like loss of TV/phone/Facebook privileges - I'm sure she'll say yes :rofl2:

She still uses corner punishment, I tested it out today. Sarah doesn't like salt in coffee wonder why:rolleyes: What she does after the corner is give me a hug but if I did something really bad she probably would take away tv and stuff. If she took a way my phone it wouldn't really bother me because it is dying. I did ask about taking away stuff though but she said that if I am asking her to take away stuff as a punishment I musn't really care about the stuff. Oh well I guess its back to the corner for me:wink:
Reply 169
Original post by Rothwell
Good luck with bettering your relationship with her.

If things go sour again, just beef up so you can drag her to the corner :colonhash:

LOL I would love to see her in the naughty corner. Sarah is really tall and I am only just 5ft, I haven't grown for over a year,
Reply 170
I am so happy for you, this thread just makes me smile. Keep at it! Be patient and calm with your step-aunt when you see her too. Well done :smile: xxxxx
Reply 171
Original post by nombo
I am so happy for you, this thread just makes me smile. Keep at it! Be patient and calm with your step-aunt when you see her too. Well done :smile: xxxxx

I saw the baby today, I already love the baby, after the scan we went for an ice cream which was nice because it was so hot. I don't know what to do, my step aunt is meant to come over next weekend and I have a choice 1) stay at home with Sarah, dad and step aunt 2) go spend the weekend with my brother What would you do? part of me wants to run away from my step aunt while the other wants to stay
I saw the baby today, I already love the baby, after the scan we went for an ice cream which was nice because it was so hot. I don't know what to do, my step aunt is meant to come over next weekend and I have a choice 1) stay at home with Sarah, dad and step aunt 2) go spend the weekend with my brother What would you do? part of me wants to run away from my step aunt while the other wants to stay

I would say stay. You need to face the problem, rather than running away from this. What I mean is being nice to her. Maybe you could even ask to speak to her on your own, and apologise for what you did last time you saw her. Tell her that you are trying to get along better with Sarah because you like her being there, and that you realise that because of the way you acted in the past she might not believe you, but that you really want to prove to your entire family that you mean this.
If you feel yourself getting angry at any point in the weekend, don't let it show and behave the way you did before. Instead, leave the room, breathe deeply and count to ten.
just dont go into the corner. say something like your not my mum. she wont like that
Reply 174
Can I just say, having read the whole thread I've actually gotten a bit teary-eyed. Family stuff like this really gets to me. It's the fact that, at first, you really came out to be a bratty kid but you just wanted to be accepted as a daughter and have Sarah there as your mother. The way you've changed and opened up your real feelings as the thread went by is just really moving and I'm so happy for you that things are going your way. I hope it all continues to go your way.
Reply 175
Original post by Sadian
Can I just say, having read the whole thread I've actually gotten a bit teary-eyed. Family stuff like this really gets to me. It's the fact that, at first, you really came out to be a bratty kid but you just wanted to be accepted as a daughter and have Sarah there as your mother. The way you've changed and opened up your real feelings as the thread went by is just really moving and I'm so happy for you that things are going your way. I hope it all continues to go your way.

I know, isn't it beautiful?
Reply 176
Original post by nombo
I know, isn't it beautiful?

It really is :blush:
Reply 177
Original post by Sadian

Thank you one thing my dad couldn't beleive was that when Sarah went away for a few days with work i actually missed her! He couldn't beleive it, It is muuch better being mature with Sarah because she lets me do more stuff now especially with helping out with my step brothers potty training, (my step-brother peed on her this morning it was SO funny:giggle: She has also promised to take me out sometimes just the two of us
Thanks... the reason I was doing all those things where for attention I am polite and stuff with her now because I want to be and she is nice to me when I am. She is also currently carrying my new brother or sister and if I an honest I don't want her to divorce my dad, she is like my second mum. I would find it terrible if they divordced

I think/hope that that poster was trolling. Don't take anything that they said seriously.
Could be worse! She could make you do all the cooking and cleaning and make you act as a servent for your two ugly stepsisters with only some mice and birds to talk/sing to.

Still, you clearly need a fairy godmother to sort this out, so she can make you a pumpkin carriage and a nice dress and stuff.

I still get put in the corner and I'm nearly 17 :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending