The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Any predictions for Biorhythms, Aggression and Gender??

I haven't revised unit 3 since I've been doing other revision, so serious cramming :/
Reply 301
Original post by Coolkat
Im studying the same topics.. what grade are you after?

Well I would ideally like an A but I just know that's not going to happen! So I'm just aiming for a B as can still get into uni with that, plus would also be happy with that!
Just so much to remember, just really hope there are some decent questions!
Reply 302
Anyone got any notes/essays on Sleepwalking? I have a feeling that if a sleep disorder comes up it may be this one as it has never done so before.
Reply 303
Original post by Lalison94
Anyone got any notes/essays on Sleepwalking? I have a feeling that if a sleep disorder comes up it may be this one as it has never done so before.

I really really really hope sleeping disorder does not come up - my worst section
Reply 304
Original post by bluedate
I really really really hope sleeping disorder does not come up - my worst section

I feel your pain, guess what the question was in January!? :biggrin: ... Was not impressed, and here I am, resitting the bloody thing. -.-
Reply 305
Original post by Meldon94
I feel your pain, guess what the question was in January!? :biggrin: ... Was not impressed, and here I am, resitting the bloody thing. -.-

I know, damn insomnia and narcolepsy, wish I wasn't resitting now :smile:
Reply 306
I know, damn insomnia and narcolepsy, wish I wasn't resitting now :smile:

If it comes up twice in a row, I might just have to live in an underground hole with badger friends, for the rest of my life.
Reply 307
If it comes up twice in a row, I might just have to live in an underground hole with badger friends, for the rest of my life.

haha I was close to doing that when I saw the evolutionary theory of aggression come up again - that and sleeping disorders = Me knowing I failed :smile:
Reply 308
haha I was close to doing that when I saw the evolutionary theory of aggression come up again - that and sleeping disorders = Me knowing I failed :smile:

Well! Here's to hoping neither of those things come up, and that we doing amazingly tremendously well :biggrin:
Reply 309
Well! Here's to hoping neither of those things come up, and that we doing amazingly tremendously well :biggrin:

Fingers crossed :colone:
Reply 310
Gd luck everyone hope u get the grades that u r wanting :smile: lets hope the paper is nice to us all :biggrin:
Reply 311
Original post by bumfluff25
I know this is a bit last minute, but my teacher sent us some essays she wrote on topics she predicted would come up - I'm doing eating behaviour, bio rhythms, relationships, schizophrenia and media!
Hope these help someone :biggrin:

Thank you!! really helpful :wink:
Reply 312
Anyone know what is likely to come up for relationships, aggression and gender?
What happens if you don't include the psychologists name for the research? I'm dreadful at remembering names for psychologists and get the names get confused with all types of studies? Can you lose marks for saying something like 'Research has sugggested that...' or 'Psychologists have found that....' for AO2? Also, I'm doing Relationships, Aggression and Eating Disorder (Anorexia) and need 58 UMS to get a B overall for Psychology so is that easy to get? What marks will I need in each of the three essays?

Thanks
Reply 314
Original post by oconnell95
What happens if you don't include the psychologists name for the research? I'm dreadful at remembering names for psychologists and get the names get confused with all types of studies? Can you lose marks for saying something like 'Research has sugggested that...' or 'Psychologists have found that....' for AO2? Also, I'm doing Relationships, Aggression and Eating Disorder (Anorexia) and need 58 UMS to get a B overall for Psychology so is that easy to get? What marks will I need in each of the three essays?

Thanks

I have officially decided I am going to make up psychologist's names and some studies if I forget or need to bulk up my essay - examiners can't know everyone :smile:
Reply 315

Thanks

You don't get marks from naming psychologists :smile:
Original post by Laurzo
I'm doing aggression and sleep/bio rhythms! Ahh I didn't know aqa were unpredictable, I was planning to learn predictions only, crap! Late night cramming for me! What are you doing?

i'm doing aggression, relationships and eating behaviours.
AQA are apparently realising many people are coming into the psychology exams unprepared so they're not doing split questions (two 12 markers instead of one whole 24 marker) just to catch us out even more.

It's really unfair. Cover everything, make essay plans on those which are less likely to come up but make sure you do essays for those predicted.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 317
Original post by Darklight*
i'm doing aggression, relationships and eating behaviours.
AQA are apparently realising many people are coming into the psychology exams unprepared so they're not doing split questions (two 12 markers instead of one whole 24 marker) just to catch us out even more.

It's really unfair. Cover everything, make essay plans on those which are less likely to come up but make sure you do essays for those predicted.

Good luck :smile:

Nothing personal of course, but how do you know that's the case for AQA not doing 12 markers. Where did you hear that information from? (Not having a go, as I would absolutely love that to be the case).

Thanks

I've been told that you don't get marks for the names as long as you put the study in enough detail but if you put the wrong name you will be marked down. Im doing Sleep, relationships and aggression, I'm freakish out so much for this exam as i did it in January and thought it went well but obviously not as here i am doing it again! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319
Any predictions for what will come up for sleep? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending