The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well is anyone really surprised how this is going :laugh:
By how aggressive Rafa is off his backhand right now you can tell he wants to get this done before any potential rain delay. Want Rafa to win but this feels like a first round match right now - David is just hopelessly outmatched in every area.
Reply 3022
Original post by Malevolent
Well is anyone really surprised how this is going :laugh:

I predicted all this lol
Original post by Ashnard
On a serious note, I find it quite astonishing that some people thought that this match would have played out differently to how it is being played out at the moment. Nadal is barely out of first gear and is still winning comfortably. The only reason Daveed has three games at the moment is due to the humility of Nadal -- he either feels sympathy for his compatriot or for the mugs who actually paid good money for this match.

Edit: There is just no suspense or tension to this match at all. The only question is whether Daveed will avoid a bagel set, or can improve upon the paltry five games that he managed to muster in last year's semi-final.

Yeah, pretty much. The only "weapon" Ferrer has is his run-around forehand down-the-line, and you just can't really run around Nadal's shots.
Reply 3024
Original post by Sirocco11
By how aggressive Rafa is off his backhand right now you can tell he wants to get this done before any potential rain delay. Want Rafa to win but this feels like a first round match right now - David is just hopelessly outmatched in every area.

Dont you think if Rafas Backhand is in this form it will improve his grass and hard court significantly?
Original post by ubi1
I predicted all this lol

Well I have 210 pounds on Nadal so just waiting for pay out :laugh:
Some wonderful volleying from Rafa there.
Reply 3027

Returns of £211 I'm guessing?
Reply 3028

Nice to see some body has money on Rafa.:smile:
Original post by Prendah
Returns of £211 I'm guessing?

Yup :wink:
Reply 3030
Yup :wink:

Seriously, what odds were they even offering?
Original post by Prendah

Nadal was around 1/9.
Original post by Prendah

1/8
Original post by ubi1
I predicted all this lol

Predicting that Nadal would deliver a beatdown to his pigeon at RG doesn't necessarily make you Nostradamus.
1/8
Is that even worth it considering outside events, Nadal injury or such.

This is pretty much like Murray against the top players a couple of years ago, really just lacks the offensive weapons to hurt a player like Nadal. Nadal has still got a couple of gears to go up if need be, Ferrer really hasn't.
This is becoming painful to watch.
Well this is easy money
Nadal is just dismantling Ferrer now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow what's going on here?
Reply 3039
What is going on? Protesters with banners now with flares.

Latest