The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YWArtist
It was not a joke. And Mr potato head is cool. I think you should apologise to the original toy story character :smile:

kk, the next time I watch toy story ill be sure to.do it.
:cry2::cry::cry:

Edexcel C3 and Edexcel Physics on the same day.....
Original post by MedMed12
prefer the term Pakistani :biggrin:

Welcome (if you're new) and

Walakum Asalaam :smile:

Okay :confused:

Thankssssss!! :smile:

Edit : Prefer full reply to Salam :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LegendX

It doesn't say on your profile so thought I'd just ask...excuse me for doing that :rolleyes:..................
Original post by lilmissshady
It doesn't say on your profile so thought I'd just ask...excuse me for doing that :rolleyes:..................

I'm a guy. I was just wondering, doesn't the hijab make you stand out etc? Why is there a need for you to wear it?
Original post by LegendX
I'm a guy. I was just wondering, doesn't the hijab make you stand out etc? Why is there a need for you to wear it?

Oh right...
It kinda does but that's the least of my worries, although I've noticed I receive more attention from Muslim boys now that I wear it(which is sad)...
Hmmm well it's not cz I'm scared of men(I know all the self-defence i need ie boxing etc) , it's more that I suck at sacrifice/patience that sorta stuff and wearing the hijab/covering up my hair(which I love!) is like the biggest sacrifice for me, it really is working though! I'm sure it sounds odd/silly to you because your a guy(a girl would know where in coming from) but its the truth..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LegendX

Was that a joke? It was not funny at all but very rude. You should say sorry to him.:smile:

Original post by YWArtist
It was not a joke. And Mr potato head is cool. I think you should apologise to the original toy story character :smile:

Well it was also a rather cruel nickname back when I was a kid :cry2:

So would appreciate it if you didn't say it :smile:

Thanks legend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilmissshady
Errrrmmm...well...you know that post a pic thread :colondollar: I did say some crude stuff on there :cry: (in my defense, it were before I became a hijaabi)
im ashamed of crs...even more ashamed now :'(....

I didn't notice any thing out of the ordinary?

No need to be ashamed when you haven't even really done any thing :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegendX

are you a muslim
Original post by perfezione
are you a muslim

yeah, why do you ask?
Original post by LegendX
yeah, why do you ask?

because of your question above about why lilmissshady wears a hijab !
are you a muslim

You negged me because I asked why it was necessary for people to wear the hijab? Pro
because of your question above about why lilmissshady wears a hijab !

I just don't think it's required, excuse me for having an opinion. It's your choice and stuff but what's the need to stand out? If anything the hijab draws more attention rather than what it's intended to do, which is most probably, decrease it.....
Original post by LegendX
You negged me because I asked why it was necessary for people to wear the hijab? Pro

:h:
Got a question but do you guys know any other songs like this... :tongue:

Original post by LegendX
I just don't think it's required, excuse me for having an opinion. It's your choice and stuff but what's the need to stand out? If anything the hijab draws more attention rather than what it's intended to do, which is most probably, decrease it.....

Wearing a hijab is compulsory but shouldnt be forced but a girl should wear it when she thinks she is ready.
i advise you read more into the hijab !

and ofcourse you can have an opinion, everyone does . also a hijab wouldnt be worn to draw more attention to one self if it is hiding ones modesty
Reply 2896
Original post by LegendX

Not everyone wears it...it's hardy the most important thing either I also don't understand why people wear it.
Other then when praying there really is no point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2897
Wearing a hijab is compulsory but shouldnt be forced but a girl should wear it when she thinks she is ready.
i advise you read more into the hijab !

and ofcourse you can have an opinion, everyone does . also a hijab wouldnt be worn to draw more attention to one self if it is hiding ones modesty

It doesn't say anything about the Hijab in the Qu'ran; it says to dress 'modestly'...
Original post by bad8oy
Not everyone wears it...it's hardy the most important thing either I also don't understand why people wear it.
Other then when praying there really is no point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely. However, the other girl on this thread feels that the hijab is absolutely vital and anyone who disagrees with her gets negged, OH NO PLS NO NEG ME. Like I give a damn...
Original post by Ornlu
It doesn't say anything about the Hijab in the Qu'ran; it says to dress 'modestly'...

She's gunna bs about how there's references to it now.....

Latest

Trending

Trending