The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fabz_x
But the same could be said with studying maths.. whats the point of going over something that someone has already has found a solution for. With history, we see the consequences on the economy and the people when the government makes a certain decisions so we can learn to avoid them. It's just interesting.

There's a difference. With maths, you're going over something so that you have sufficient skills to discover new things, there's so much more to discover in maths. Also, you're teaching someone maths so that they can do jobs like engineering, nuclear physics and what not...whilst history is just meh
Reply 3001
Original post by Fabz_x
Is.

Correct.
Original post by Fabz_x
But the same could be said with studying maths.. whats the point of going over something that someone has already has found a solution for. With history, we see the consequences on the economy and the people when the government makes a certain decisions so we can learn to avoid them. It's just interesting.

tbh history is just rote learning whereas maths is problem solving and understanding. Plus the sad truth is, money involves maths and we all need that.
Original post by Fabz_x
I don't need your dates.. i already have a date for valentines day. 14/02/14.
Badam bam psh.

I'll email this page to your parents, let then know you have a date :biggrin: they'll be so happy
Reply 3004
Original post by LegendX
There's a difference. With maths, you're going over something so that you have sufficient skills to discover new things, there's so much more to discover in maths. Also, you're teaching someone maths so that they can do jobs like engineering, nuclear physics and what not...whilst history is just meh

Politics is very much History based.
Tonight is going to be a late night. :yawn:
I miss my twitter :frown: x
Reply 3007
Original post by LegendX
I'll email this page to your parents, let then know you have a date :biggrin: they'll be so happy

You would be so kind enough to do that? :h:
I hear wedding bells ringing. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Ornlu
Politics is very much History based.

There's also a separate subject called politics
Original post by Fabz_x
You would be so kind enough to do that? :h:
I hear wedding bells ringing. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm a good guy. What can I say? Oh man I should be revising.
Reply 3010
Original post by MedMed12
tbh history is just rote learning whereas maths is problem solving and understanding. Plus the sad truth is, money involves maths and we all need that.

Yes i know, I was just responding to someone who said that learning about the past is pointless.
Original post by Fabz_x
Yes i know, I was just responding to someone who said that learning about the past is pointless.

wth, that someone has a name :biggrin:
Reply 3012
Original post by Maryb_102
I miss my twitter :frown: x

R.I.P twitter account. x
I feel your pain! - What was your @?
Reply 3013
Original post by LegendX
wth, that someone has a name :biggrin:

Yes, i know.
I refuse to associate you with the word ''Legend'' Sorry, you're not worth it ;o
Reply 3014
Original post by LegendX
I'm a good guy. What can I say? Oh man I should be revising.

GO REVISE. :angry::mad2::mad:
Original post by Fabz_x
R.I.P twitter account. x
I feel your pain! - What was your @?

I'll follow you when I reactivate after exams. But like..i miss seeing my tl..and certain individuals who were always in your mentions when you wanted them to F off lmao it'd tight.
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh **** legendX is a guy? Lmaooo what even. I thought you were a girl all this time :/
Reply 3017
I'll follow you when I reactivate on the 19th. But like..i miss seeing my tl..and certain individuals who were always in your mentions when you wanted them to F off lmao it'd tight.

Ahh okay, this is my twitter @Rubic0nm4ng0 But i've also deactivated.. im going back after the 26th..
Hhaahaha yes, omg. I know that feeling. I feel you gurll
Reply 3018
Oh **** legendX is a guy? Lmaooo what even. I thought you were a girl all this time :/

WHATTTTT :O Thats a guy? Holy shiit.
Thought I'd share this before leaving for revision...a little moment i captured yesterday, see the post count! It's 786! My account went all holy at that precise moment...hehehe

image.jpg

Latest