The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by NatashaG
ohh well fair enough, I don't like it because it's mainly based on memory at GCSE :/

I'm taking-
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Philosophy + Ethics

and I hope to do a physics and philosophy degree ...how about youuu?

Maths,FM, AFM ( only AS),bio,chem, physics
im going for engineering though :biggrin:

you would probably be intrested in this : https://www.edx.org/courses -- its good!

i have started mechanics review... its good...but its hard...

Ryan
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate biology so MUCH :frown:
i hope you all do well tomorrow.
Specimen was easy enough :rofl:
Reply 683
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Specimen was easy enough :rofl:

what did you get?
Original post by ryanb97
what did you get?

That's for me to know, and you to see in August :mmm:
Original post by ryanb97
Maths,FM, AFM ( only AS),bio,chem, physics
im going for engineering though :biggrin:

you would probably be intrested in this : https://www.edx.org/courses -- its good!

i have started mechanics review... its good...but its hard...

Ryan

woah lots of maths! we can only do 4 A-levels at my school :P

ohh looks interesting , haha I tested my brother on mechanics the other day looks really physicsy :B
Reply 686
Original post by Jatz07
Don't lose hope! Aim for A*. The exam is in the afternoon we still have time! :rolleyes:
I hope you do well too. Good Luck

Jatz

Get in there Jatz!!!!
Reply 687
Yay I'm half way through B6. :biggrin:

I think the 6 marker could be on the whole process of brewing beer, there's a lot of stuff to know for that... Has it come up before?
Just had a thought guys what if the grade boundaries were all ridiculously low in unit 1 because most people were in year 10? what if Unit 2 is done a lot better because people are in year 11? ahhh like in psychology! :s-smilie:
Just had a thought guys what if the grade boundaries were all ridiculously low in unit 1 because most people were in year 10? what if Unit 2 is done a lot better because people are in year 11? ahhh like in psychology! :s-smilie:

:zomg: although Jan exams had same boundaries...
:zomg: although Jan exams had same boundaries...

oh yeah is Jan 2013 all year 11s? because of the move to linear? like no year 10s this year can take Jan exams right? :s-smilie:
Reply 691
I hate these style of exams, I'm really bad at the exam technique, like I don't know what they want me to say half the time
oh yeah is Jan 2013 all year 11s? because of the move to linear? like no year 10s this year can take Jan exams right? :s-smilie:

Well they sat B/C/P 123 then, as well as B3C3P3... Year tens could have this year, yeah (or even b1c1p1)
Reply 693
woah lots of maths! we can only do 4 A-levels at my school :P

ohh looks interesting , haha I tested my brother on mechanics the other day looks really physicsy :B

we can only do 4...plus FM
i am self teaching AFM (AS)..as the A-level would be way too hard :biggrin:

erm... there are 2 modules in AS physics..one is basically the mechanics modules from maths (m1 and m2) ... whist the other one i on stuff like matter and electricity..and anti-protons and shizz..thats a lot of ands lol

how are you feeling about tomorrow ?

Ryan
Well they sat B/C/P 123 then, as well as B3C3P3... Year tens could have this year, yeah (or even b1c1p1)

hmmm I don't know but hopefully it won't make that much difference!
Reply 695
I completely messed up my coursework so the best I can get is an A overall, does anyone know how many marks I would need to get for 124/160UMS on this paper? It looks like it's around 60/85?
Original post by ryanb97
we can only do 4...plus FM
i am self teaching AFM (AS)..as the A-level would be way too hard :biggrin:

erm... there are 2 modules in AS physics..one is basically the mechanics modules from maths (m1 and m2) ... whist the other one i on stuff like matter and electricity..and anti-protons and shizz..thats a lot of ands lol

how are you feeling about tomorrow ?

Ryan

Oh that's impressive :smile: we can only do 4 even if we are doing Further maths :frown:

ohh matter is fun :P

I am feeeling alright about it :smile: biology isn't that important to me anyway :P
how about you?
Reply 697
Oh that's impressive :smile: we can only do 4 even if we are doing Further maths :frown:

ohh matter is fun :P

I am feeeling alright about it :smile: biology isn't that important to me anyway :P
how about you?

well...tbh..im not as confident as i was last year :colondollar:
but i only need an A this year

grr.... i need to finish the specimen paper
I didn't actually do the specimen :ahee:

I read the questions, answered in my head... And read the m/s.

Got them all right bar, the last B6 ones on the alcohol :dontknow:
Reply 699
I didn't actually do the specimen :ahee:

I read the questions, answered in my head... And read the m/s.

Got them all right bar, the last B6 ones on the alcohol :dontknow:

Class A Rebel!

Quick Reply