The Student Room Group

HISTORY B MODERN WORLD GCSE (OCR) INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MONDAY 3rd June 2013

Hiya!
LETS DISCUSSSS!!!!!!!!
I couldn't find a thread on History B modern world -- Germany, Cold War, China etcetcetc
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
The test was okay but not something I'd want to go through again.

The moment I went out of the exam room, I was just like, "I'm freeeee" :dance: but then I remembered that I have another one on Monday. Not happy at all. :bawling:
Reply 2
Original post by PINKFLEUR
The test was okay but not something I'd want to go through again.

The moment I went out of the exam room, I was just like, "I'm freeeee" :dance: but then I remembered that I have another one on Monday. Not happy at all. :bawling:

Did you do Germany??
Reply 3
Original post by Elle1997
Did you do Germany??

The part 2 question you mean? Isn't it compulsory?

For the first section, I did the League of Nations.
Reply 4
it was a good exam. i got a bit mixed up on the picture of kerensky saluting and knew it was the bg attack against germany, but i thought this was called the kronstadt rebellion, when in actual fact i had written it wrong in my notes :frown:

oh well, i had the right idea, just the wrong name, hopefully they will realize this.

Anyone else fo the stalin question about him controlling ideas?

Lillia
Reply 5
did anybody do Germany?? If so what did you get for 'why Britain and France dominated the league' and 'why were women important for Hitler's plans for Germany'
Reply 6
Yeah I did that one. For why Britain and France dominated the league I put stuff about Britain's trading, it's overseas colonies etc. also how the was the big three but since The USA didn't join it left Britain and France as the dominating powers. Didn't really like that question, but i think it was okay. what did everyone else put?

Women were important because they would raise the future soldiers, they kept the home so they needed to fulfil his ideals (plain face, plaited hair, flat shoes) so that they had the perfect aryan family, he needed them so they could have lots of babies so there would be a big German army etc, I wrote about some of the incentives (motherhood cross etc) even though I'm not sure that answered the question. Can't hurt to put more than necessary.

the above points were written a lot better obviously haha, this is just what I can remember :smile:
Reply 7
what about the fact that Britain and France were in the council??

and for the question about the big three having difficulties, did you mention things like being treated differently during the war, pressure from their countries, having different aims and having to comply to each others???
Reply 8
Yeah that sounds good to me, I didn't put that but I think I missed quite a few points for that question, hopefully made up the marks elsewhere.

I did the appeasement question! Sorry. But yeah I would have probably written something like what you said- outlined each of their main aims and said how there had to be cmpromise, and about public opinion at home.
Hi, for the British Depth Study (Paper 2) (1890-1918) the specification reads 'The effectiveness of the different tactics and the reactions of the authorities including Lloyd George and Asquith' (to the votes for women campaign)

I know Lloyd George supported the vote, but I can't find his reaction to their campaign anywhere!

Please help, Thanks :smile:
Reply 10
when it talked about the hitler youth activities, did u have to mention the activities of the League of German maidens aswell??
Reply 11
Original post by charlie987
when it talked about the hitler youth activities, did u have to mention the activities of the League of German maidens aswell??

Yeah I couldn't think of any more for Hitler Youth Boys.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Also what was the other part you could choose ? Q5? About Weimar Germany.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
There was no Weimar, I wanted Weimar to come up, but it didn't... The rise of the Nazis and Nazi Germany came up...
Reply 14
Original post by mizzy96
There was no Weimar, I wanted Weimar to come up, but it didn't... The rise of the Nazis and Nazi Germany came up...

What was Q5 a) b) c) ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
for q 6 about how the economic policy made lives better what did people put?
I wrote about the strength through joy because it made life better, beuty of labour.
Reply 16
Original post by GeorgeyG
What was Q5 a) b) c) ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rise of the Nazis... about how people thought of them and stuff before Hitler came into power. Hence why the last question was on the Reichstag Fire and The Night of the Long Knives... Please tell me you did not write about Weimar!!
Reply 17
Original post by mizzy96
Rise of the Nazis... about how people thought of them and stuff before Hitler came into power. Hence why the last question was on the Reichstag Fire and The Night of the Long Knives... Please tell me you did not write about Weimar!!

Nope..haha I was wondering if I made the wrong choice doing Q6 instead of Q5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by GeorgeyG
Nope..haha I was wondering if I made the wrong choice doing Q6 instead of Q5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks the LOARD lol. Yea Q6 looked a bit hard to me... I knew more on the Rise rather than Living in Nazi Germany... I'm happy with it, though, worried about tom's paper!!
Reply 19
hey guys, does anyone remeber the questions about stalin for number 6 russian depth study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending