The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Triple science really shouldn't have to do Coursework -__-.

But biology tomorrow seems alright. Just need to go over a couple more things and I should be fine.
Goodluck everyone!
Original post by ryanb97
Class A Rebel!

:mmm:

I cba doing anything...
Reply 702
Original post by andersson
Yay I'm half way through B6. :biggrin:

I think the 6 marker could be on the whole process of brewing beer, there's a lot of stuff to know for that... Has it come up before?

Just about to start B6 now. Ooo, you could be right about the brewing bit. Hmm.
Goodluck :smile:
Reply 703
Does anyone know how many 6 marks questions are in the paper?
And what do you think the six mark questions will be on?
I'm thinking: The cardiac cycle and brewing.
Original post by ryanb97

Spoiler

Are you taking bio next year?
i think B6 is dull....but the stuff in B4 is easy to remember

ryan

Original post by NatashaG
B4<B6 In my opinion :P

And helll no! are you?

i think Biology next year would be fun, apparently it's easy to get good grades in too :smile:
GCSE's are annoying..the syllabus is so disjointed going here there and everywhere :/
Reply 705
Original post by Jatz07
nah no way... I'm pretty sure boundaries will be much lower considering it's the first time we're doing the exam.
Biology has always been the lowest grade boundaries since the course started. 60/85 would be like A*

to get 124/160 you need a low A/High B, so approximately around 42 marks , but aim for as many marks as you can!

Jatz

Oh wow thank you, I really hope so! I can't really do the specimen paper because I've already done it ages ago and I don't remember what my mark was then either. I think I'll be alright but I don't know!!
Original post by RaeRach
Does anyone know how many 6 marks questions are in the paper?
And what do you think the six mark questions will be on?
I'm thinking: The cardiac cycle and brewing.

1 6-mark per section A,B and C
1 5-mark on D..i believe?
Reply 707
Original post by benwalters1996
i think Biology next year would be fun, apparently it's easy to get good grades in too :smile:
GCSE's are annoying..the syllabus is so disjointed going here there and everywhere :/

I've always felt wary about critisising GCSEs because maybe I'm just stupid, but I feel like with Biology especially even if you describe in detail what happens you don't get the mark unless you use the exact keywords the writer of the exam had in mind.
Reply 708
[video="youtube;gzrH7Fasfr8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzrH7Fasfr8[/video]

Oh My........ ?
Reply 709
Original post by RaeRach
Just about to start B6 now. Ooo, you could be right about the brewing bit. Hmm.
Goodluck :smile:

B6 isn't that bad but it takes a lot of time to memorise. :angry:
good luck to you too. :smile:
Good luck with the exam tomorrow guys! Hopefully all the work we have done will pay off :cool:
Reply 711
Almost done with B6, who wants to revise on skype in a bit?
Reply 712

I'll come test you a bit :smile:
does anyone know where to find the specimen papers and the markscheme for it for b4 b5 b6? :smile:
Reply 714
Original post by anamkhalid97
does anyone know where to find the specimen papers and the markscheme for it for b4 b5 b6? :smile:

http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/science-triple-gcse-ocr-year-11.htm
Original post by Jatz07
Don't lose hope! Aim for A*. The exam is in the afternoon we still have time! :rolleyes:
I hope you do well too. Good Luck

Jatz

Thank you:smile: I have another exam in the AM though which i'm choosing to prioritize lol
Out of interest, are you lot going to be revising in the morning for biology or not, because I've heard mixed opinions on which is better to do...? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You on it?
Reply 718
I'll be revising in the morning. Being me, I'll probably forget half of the stuff I revised today when I wake up so yeah
Reply 719
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Out of interest, are you lot going to be revising in the morning for biology or not, because I've heard mixed opinions on which is better to do...? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never revise in the morning - don't like to have seen anything to do with the subject so that the exam is the first thing I do and it all comes back to me. Revision in the morning confuses me and gets me all panicky haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending