The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Original post by TopHat
This is quite true, but it's status as CYGS-denier has continued into the modern era - Nadal in 2011.

What do you mean by "CYGS-denier has continued into the modern era - Nadal in 2011"?
In case anyone hasn't seen the draw, here's the draw for Queen's: http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AEGONChampionships/Draws/2013/MDS.pdf

Pretty easy run to the semis for Murray. The other half of the draw looks more interesting.

And here's the order of play for tomorrow: http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AEGONChampionships/Draws/2013/op.pdf
Original post by TheMagicRat
In case anyone hasn't seen the draw, here's the draw for Queen's: http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AEGONChampionships/Draws/2013/MDS.pdf

Pretty easy run to the semis for Murray. The other half of the draw looks more interesting.

And here's the order of play for tomorrow: http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AEGONChampionships/Draws/2013/op.pdf

Lol - he's got Mahut in R2 again. Match-up against Tsonga in SF and Berdych in F would be good practice for Wimby.
Here's a question for the more casual fan, how many grand slam winners will be at Queens?

Draw is interesting, i wonder which Tomic will turn up.
Reply 3204
Original post by Rakas21
Here's a question for the more casual fan, how many grand slam winners will be at Queens?

Draw is interesting, i wonder which Tomic will turn up.

3 GS winners in the draw: Hewitt, Delpo and Murray.

And Tomic is all hype. He is bowing out in the 1st or the 2nd round. Can only play well in Australia.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Roger1

Mind you, this is grass. I'd say Berdych is probably the second-scariest player in that draw.

Actually, a Berdych-Murray match on grass should be delicious.
Original post by TopHat
Mind you, this is grass. I'd say Berdych is probably the second-scariest player in that draw.

Actually, a Berdych-Murray match on grass should be delicious.

Don't want it to happen at Queen's - hope they save it for Wimby!
Reply 3207
Original post by ubi1
What do you mean by "CYGS-denier has continued into the modern era - Nadal in 2011"?

Rafa would have won a calendar year grand slam in 2011, if not for the AO.
Original post by Roger1

And Tomic is all hype. He is bowing out in the 1st or the 2nd round. Can only play well in Australia.

Yup, was wondering if anybody would forget Hewitt.

Possibly.

A Murray vs Del Porto final would be nice.
Much better field than last year's tournament, which is good to see.
Reply 3210
Very strong field for a 250. 4 top 10s in the draw. Should be a cracking start to the grass court season, after a pretty boring clay court swing.
Reply 3211
So the clay swing is over. I had predicted a whitewash for Rafa. Could have been had he won Monte carlo. Next time.
Having said that, despite the lack of big names at last year's it is no doubt one of the most memorable tournaments ever. Thank you, Mr. Nalbandian.
Reply 3213
Original post by TheMagicRat
Having said that, despite the lack of big names at last year's it is no doubt one of the most memorable tournaments ever. Thank you, Mr. Nalbandian.

Mr. Nalbandian got disqualified for Kicking Line judge?
Reply 3214
Original post by ubi1
Mr. Nalbandian got disqualified for Kicking Line judge?

Kicked a board which cut a line judge's shin iirc.
Original post by Slumpy
Rafa would have won a calendar year grand slam in 2011, if not for the AO.

2010!!!
Reply 3216
Original post by Chief Wiggum
2010!!!

D'oh. I forgot to read what I was looking at. Of course I mean Rafa was denied one by the AO in 2010 (and indeed, Rafa denied Djok one in 2011 at the FO). Poor show me!
Original post by Slumpy
D'oh. I forgot to read what I was looking at. Of course I mean Rafa was denied one by the AO in 2010 (and indeed, Rafa denied Djok one in 2011 at the FO). Poor show me!

lol, my post looked rather angry.

But both you and TopHat posting 2011 made me resort to checking Wikipedia to make sure I wasn't going mad! :p:
Reply 3218
Original post by Chief Wiggum
lol, my post looked rather angry.

But both you and TopHat posting 2011 made me resort to checking Wikipedia to make sure I wasn't going mad! :p:

My fault entirely - when doing assignments I should try and just do them (ie still now..) rather than posting tennis stats...
It could have been either 2010 or 2011. The rule is you just win all 4 in a row, not necessarily within the same year as in January 1st to December 31st period. So, if he'd won the 2010 Australian or the 2011 he'd have done it. As it was, he didn't win either - denied by Djokovic and Murray.

Latest