The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Could mention gay marriage about Civil Partnership Act 2004 and the case of Eunice and Owen Johns with the guesthouse case. I'm also going to briefly write about euthanasia and assisted suicide mentioning Diane Pretty and also Tony Nicklinson's case that has recently been taken up by Paul Lamb.
Hope this is of some help!
Reply 121
Once ordinary negligence or a negligent misstatement has been established, do you sue the employer of the defendant using vicarious liability as well as claiming against the defendant who committed the negligent act?

Or do you sue the employer instead of the employee?
My essay judicial creativity is 6 pages long when written and I have medium-sized handwriting. Anyone else have the same problem?
Reply 123
Original post by natasha007a
My essay judicial creativity is 6 pages long when written and I have medium-sized handwriting. Anyone else have the same problem?

Mine is the opposite :/ only 2 and half pages long lol
Reply 124

Yeah, having to explain judicial creativity and the way in which judges avoid following precedent is so bloody long! :frown:
Original post by Rupesh94
Mine is the opposite :/ only 2 and half pages long lol

Wow really? What have you written about?:confused:
Original post by Mreyow
Yeah, having to explain judicial creativity and the way in which judges avoid following precedent is so bloody long! :frown:

Have you written about statutory interpretation too?
Does anyone reckon fault will come up again?

It came last year so it may be unlikely, but then justice has come up every year :| I hate this unit :frown:
Reply 128
Have you written about statutory interpretation too?

Yes, which I also hate :frown:
Reply 129
Original post by Boxof Cereal
Does anyone reckon fault will come up again?

It came last year so it may be unlikely, but then justice has come up every year :| I hate this unit :frown:

I honestly think that they could keep fault and balancing conflicting interests, and replace justice with judicial creativity because that's just what AQA are like
Reply 130
Wow really? What have you written about?:confused:

Ive included most of the info...like practice notes, statutory interpretation, distinguishing etc...also Lord Devlin and Lord Reid's views
I can't seem to find my Law and Justice essay - it was the last one we were taught so starting to doubt I did one, even though I felt like I had. Does anyone have one/some notes I might be able to take a look at? :smile:
Ive included most of the info...like practice notes, statutory interpretation, distinguishing etc...also Lord Devlin and Lord Reid's views

I've written about:
- docrtine of precedent and all the principles like obiter dicta, ratio decendi, stare decisis
- Practice Statement 1966 and I used cases like R v Shivpuri and Anderton v Ryan
- Hierarchy of the courts and the exceptions from Young v Bristol Aeroplane
- I explained SI's and how judges use them
- Then about judicial attitudes such as Lord Denning and Lord Reid
- And finally I mentioned benefits and flaws of precedent, SI's and judicial creativity
Original post by Mreyow
Yes, which I also hate :frown:

I find that the easiest part lol hate the rest of it
Reply 134
I've written about:
- docrtine of precedent and all the principles like obiter dicta, ratio decendi, stare decisis
- Practice Statement 1966 and I used cases like R v Shivpuri and Anderton v Ryan
- Hierarchy of the courts and the exceptions from Young v Bristol Aeroplane
- I explained SI's and how judges use them
- Then about judicial attitudes such as Lord Denning and Lord Reid
- And finally I mentioned benefits and flaws of precedent, SI's and judicial creativity

Woah..thats a lot of info.. can you fit it in the time limit? Have you got your essay? May I have a look please?
Original post by rosscmullins
Wish I hadn't looked at this thread, i'm worried now

I'm sure your teacher knows what he/she is doing. If those are the only two they told you to learn then it's likely one of those will come up because as far as I can see, one of those two have come up every year.
Woah..thats a lot of info.. can you fit it in the time limit? Have you got your essay? May I have a look please?

Yeah that's why I'm worried I'll run out of time.
I've attached it. Hope that helps.
Reply 137

Ahh thank you!! Ill have a look through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138

It's good but I think need to add a bit more info that the question asks...and possibly remove some info which may be irrelevant....but thats just a suggestion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we supposed to allocate 1 hour for section A/B and 1 hour for section C? I never did full time conditioned mock.

Quick Reply

Latest