The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Ok, the next time I log in, I will be discussing how horrible/brilliant the paper went
Good luck everyone :goodluck:
Hi guys quick question please help.

In the jan 2012 paper we are told to find the coordinates of D where the rectangle is ABCD and looks like this D------------C
! !
! !
A------------B

I understand the rest of the solution to the question but the mark scheme says (vector) OD = OA + BC
Can someone please explain this to me I don't understand how this is the vector expression for OD.

Thanks
Original post by chocolate102030
Hi guys quick question please help.

In the jan 2012 paper we are told to find the coordinates of D where the rectangle is ABCD and looks like this D------------C
! !
! !
A------------B

I understand the rest of the solution to the question but the mark scheme says (vector) OD = OA + BC
Can someone please explain this to me I don't understand how this is the vector expression for OD.

Thanks

I was stuck on this myself, but found the solution after some help.

Take a look at this. http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3771/vectoranswer.png
Reply 443
GL To everyone for the exam tomorrow
I am stressing over this exam especially after the c3 exam finding out how hard that's was
Reply 445
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Let it be a decent paper.
Good luck, let it be a hard paper.
Reply 447
Goodluck i need bloody 90ums in this
Reply 448
hoping for long binomial question and long implicit diff question. Maybe reversing the Rcos(x+a) to trick some people and some c3 stuff
Reckon 90 UMS would be about 63 Marks or fewer.
anyone got c1 revision note i need them urgent
Feeling comfortable with C4 now, although I'm also sitting FP3 which I am feeling very ill prepared for. Hopefully all goes well!
Original post by Danatlive
Feeling comfortable with C4 now, although I'm also sitting FP3 which I am feeling very ill prepared for. Hopefully all goes well!

Same. I am doing c4 fp3 and accn 4 for accounting on a same day. JOY :s-smilie: good luck to you!
Original post by smallfish008
Same. I am doing c4 fp3 and accn 4 for accounting on a same day. JOY :s-smilie: good luck to you!

Oh god! Best of luck to you, you're going to be exhausted
Original post by Lay-Z
hoping for long binomial question and long implicit diff question. Maybe reversing the Rcos(x+a) to trick some people and some c3 stuff

Wait... what is the reversing Rcos(x+a) trick!?
Reply 455
Original post by I Hate Edexcel
Wait... what is the reversing Rcos(x+a) trick!?

It's not a trick but they could write excess asinx + bcosy in Rcos(x-a) so ppl get the tan the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lay-Z
It's not a trick but they could write excess asinx + bcosy in Rcos(x-a) so ppl get the tan the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh right. :smile:

Good luck everyone! Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be feeling happy and relieved.
Reply 457
Can't sleep :frown:

I can never usually sleep before exams anyway, but my sleeping pattern is completely ****ed atm too. :rolleyes:
Reply 458
Original post by AmyLH
Can't sleep :frown:

I can never usually sleep before exams anyway, but my sleeping pattern is completely ****ed atm too. :rolleyes:

well i slept like a snorlax, was up ay 5, just got in from a hour and a half of running and weights. Hopefully FP3 and C4 go well.

GOOD LUCK
(edited 10 years ago)
Got almost 7 hours sleep :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending