The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by octoberbaby
First thing tomorrow and thank you both. Urgh I just hate the pressure and I keep thinking if I don't turn up that's an ace excuse for failing :L.

keep getting nose bleeds as well and the blood is really triggering. Messed up in work too. Just been a ****ing awful weekend and I feel crap and I feel awful

I'm sure you wont fail at all! Plus not turning up would mean a U and I'm pretty sure you wont get that :P
I really hope you feel better soon though, just try and go into the exam with a positive mental attitude thats what I have been telling myself for the last week and although it seems hard, especially with mental health issues, if you can do it, it helps a LOT!
HUGS!
Original post by PonchoKid
iv completely run out of energy, i feel dirty, but cant shower now, i just dont even know how to feel anymore. i feel like im constantly putting on a brave face for people, when inside im just crushed. im empty.

i dunno, recently iv been getting more and more ideas and thoughts about [bad word] and i really dont like it, i need to try and phone the drs tomorrow.

im going on a guiding event soon, and my mum will be having a health for for me, aswell as someone else (who i think judges me) and i have to put what meds im on and why and im so scared, i only managed to fill in part of it today, and my mum was questioning it, and i just told her i might have my meds changed soon, i havnt even told her whats wrong with me, i just cant. i dont know what to do, shes gonna read it i know she is :cry2:

Guiding as in Girlguiding or guiding people round somewhere? Sorry, being nosy!! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sadpanda123
Guiding as in Girlguiding or guiding people round somewhere? Sorry, being nosy!! :smile:

girlguiding yes,a haha sorry, just so used to calling it guiding :colondollar:
hi guuyssss,
was wondering if anybody could provide me with my advice as i have nobody else to ask really..........basically this year i have entered myself for a levels exams, doing one at evening college, at the age of 21 for self-study as i have spent the previous year unemployed. Ive been feeling very down and isolated, one event in particular, led me on a downwards spiral. the last few months picked up so i entered myself for a level exams, however my dad has been diagnosed with cancer a week and a half ago i found out my dad has less than a year to live. even tho we dont get on its been really hard to accept. i dont know whether to withdraw or not from exams. i just threw up about half an hour because im feeling very unwell and underprepared. i have already taken one and my head was fuzzy and i know i have failed. but i dont wan a massive gap in my cv either :/ im also feeling very confused :frown: i feel like ive been struggling a lot by myself and im scared if i withdraw ill just stay in this rut.
Reply 2364
Original post by ANONYM00SE
You probably meant to do this anyway but where you've quoted Ice_Fire about spoilering - it still shows up in your post :smile:

I shall edit it now. Didn't even realise :redface:
Original post by bananaterracottapie
hi guuyssss,
was wondering if anybody could provide me with my advice as i have nobody else to ask really..........basically this year i have entered myself for a levels exams, doing one at evening college, at the age of 21 for self-study as i have spent the previous year unemployed. Ive been feeling very down and isolated, one event in particular, led me on a downwards spiral. the last few months picked up so i entered myself for a level exams, however my dad has been diagnosed with cancer a week and a half ago i found out my dad has less than a year to live. even tho we dont get on its been really hard to accept. i dont know whether to withdraw or not from exams. i just threw up about half an hour because im feeling very unwell and underprepared. i have already taken one and my head was fuzzy and i know i have failed. but i dont wan a massive gap in my cv either :/ im also feeling very confused :frown: i feel like ive been struggling a lot by myself and im scared if i withdraw ill just stay in this rut.

Hey,

There's not really a right or wrong answer about withdrawing from exams or not (sorry, I know that's not so helpful to hear!) but remember that if you do end up deciding to withdraw that you will be able to explain the gap on your CV, it's a perfectly legitimate reason to need some 'time out'.

Is it possible to resit the exams at a later date rather than withdrawing from them? My mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer just before exam time of my second year of uni, and I ended up throwing myself into revision and studying to 'cope', but I ended up missing one of my exams because I ended up in hospital and the uni let me resit it in August. When would be the next option for you to sit in the exams if you didn't feel able to at the moment?

It sounds like doing the exams if possible would be good for you if you're scared of withdrawing and ending up stuck in that rut again, so maybe you could try and have a go at them but apply for extenuating circumstances? Try to remember also to keep yourself in as much of a routine as possible - I don't know about you, but I was just all over the place when we got the news about my mum, sleeping and eating was all over the place, but if you can try to sleep regularly and eat properly it is helpful.

Is there anybody at all that you can talk to at the moment?
I know i keep saying this but i cant cope with all these thoughts and feelings anymore. I now keep hearing noises and convinced things are on me :cry2: my whole body hurts :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2367
I need to sleep for my exam tomorrow but I'm just sat crying cause I hate being so lonely, none of my friends really understood depression so when I got. Worse they just ignored me, it seems I can only see them if I have money or ID nowadays or else they don't care. I'm terrified of starting uni, my girlfriend is all I have and I'll be 200 miles away, I'm considering not going, I'm too dependant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2368
Aaand there's people talking about lamotrigine which is the drug that caused the death of my cousin yay happy times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I think a few of you are on citalopram? Have any of you also noticed a change in pupil size?

It's quite strange I've been thinking I look slightly different in the mirror a lot recently and I think it's cos my pupils are larger. It's on the SE list after all so it's entirely possible. It would also explain why everything feels different recently cos larger pupils means less depth of field.

Bit of a eureka moment for me XD
It's actually made me feel quite a lot better cos I've been worried I was getting more anxious and jumpy but I think it's just that I can't see as much as usual :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2370
Is anyone around at all? :cry2: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Is anyone around at all? :cry2: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: im up (not by choice but my body being meh), you okay?
Original post by Liv1204
Hey,

There's not really a right or wrong answer about withdrawing from exams or not (sorry, I know that's not so helpful to hear!) but remember that if you do end up deciding to withdraw that you will be able to explain the gap on your CV, it's a perfectly legitimate reason to need some 'time out'.

Is it possible to resit the exams at a later date rather than withdrawing from them? My mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer just before exam time of my second year of uni, and I ended up throwing myself into revision and studying to 'cope', but I ended up missing one of my exams because I ended up in hospital and the uni let me resit it in August. When would be the next option for you to sit in the exams if you didn't feel able to at the moment?

It sounds like doing the exams if possible would be good for you if you're scared of withdrawing and ending up stuck in that rut again, so maybe you could try and have a go at them but apply for extenuating circumstances? Try to remember also to keep yourself in as much of a routine as possible - I don't know about you, but I was just all over the place when we got the news about my mum, sleeping and eating was all over the place, but if you can try to sleep regularly and eat properly it is helpful.

Is there anybody at all that you can talk to at the moment?

thank you. no i dont think i can talk to my parents :frown: i think part of the pressure of exams is from the fact that they think im a failure so ive cut myself off from them :frown: i also dont know how to approach my dad, about his cancer and show sympathy because we have a bad relationship and it makes me sad :frown: i wont be able to do the exams till next year. i suppose the gap could be explained its just that i havent really had any contact with anybody other than my voluntary job at the moment so i dont know who could vouch for the fact i havent just been doing nothing :/ thanks again
Got embarrassingly drunk last night. Not sure if I'm even sober now and I have final supervision in a few hours with no new work to show him. Ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
just made the most terrifying drs appointment to date, possibly more terrifying than the first time round, because i dont know what this new dr will say :s-smilie: but its tomorrow, so think my mums gonna take me luckily.
and my cousin and everyone are coming to pick me up later, so will get to see the kids :biggrin: hopefully will have an ace afternoon with them :smile:
also trying to sort out JSA or something, cos i have no money left :frown: gahh so much to do!
Original post by Kindred
Hey, I think a few of you are on citalopram? Have any of you also noticed a change in pupil size?

It's quite strange I've been thinking I look slightly different in the mirror a lot recently and I think it's cos my pupils are larger. It's on the SE list after all so it's entirely possible. It would also explain why everything feels different recently cos larger pupils means less depth of field.

Bit of a eureka moment for me XD
It's actually made me feel quite a lot better cos I've been worried I was getting more anxious and jumpy but I think it's just that I can't see as much as usual :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did on Diazepam. In fact it was so noticeable that when I got an emergency visit at 2am it was one of the first things they commented on... and I hadn't taken any for about 18 hours. Oops.

Possible ED / substance trigger:

Spoiler

I also had some weird eye things on Abilify, to be honest I just reacted terribly to that full stop.

So yeah, medication can definitely have an effect on your eyes, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's bothering you a lot, it's definitely worth asking if they can switch you to something else though! :smile:
Original post by Mouse Potato
I did on Diazepam. In fact it was so noticeable that when I got an emergency visit at 2am it was one of the first things they commented on... and I hadn't taken any for about 18 hours. Oops.

XX

I also had some weird eye things on Abilify, to be honest I just reacted terribly to that full stop.

So yeah, medication can definitely have an effect on your eyes, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's bothering you a lot, it's definitely worth asking if they can switch you to something else though! :smile:

Thanks. It's good to know it's not just me. I just wanted to check it was the tablets doing it. It's fine if that's what it is. It's not that bothering, it's just taking some getting used to cos it feels rather odd :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
girlguiding yes,a haha sorry, just so used to calling it guiding :colondollar:

I'm part of Guiding too :smile: I help with Guides. Are you in Rangers or a Leader? :biggrin:
Original post by bananaterracottapie
hi guuyssss,

This is a hard one. Either apply for extenuating circumstances or withdraw but it will be a tough decision either way. From experience, I would recommend trying to find someone you can speak to about this (friend, auntie, GP/counsellor) to help you deal with the situation and talk it through. (When I did my most important school exams my dad had had cancer all that school year.)

Hope that's of some help to you, hang in there :smile:
Original post by sadpanda123
I'm part of Guiding too :smile: I help with Guides. Are you in Rangers or a Leader? :biggrin:

awesome! im a bit of everything :tongue: im an assistant leader with brownies, sometimes help at guides (the event im going to is a guide event) and then i helped with setting up a senior section "unit" in my district, but havnt been to any meetings yet cos iv been away at uni. also helped with rainbow stuff aswell :tongue:
so yeah, haha standard leader that does a bit of everything really. :smile:

Latest