The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by chriselle15
lol that was a terrible question plus I was short on time so I just put down anything

High 5
I kept staring at it for 5 minutes trying to make sense out of what they want us to say ... i gave up and ended up writing whatever made sense to me :P
Reply 981
Original post by StephenNaulls
I still think it was curved, a few of us have done that so it might be right!

EDIT: Probably not though :frown:

i think the line can curve to show that the internal resistance changes over time (though slightly) but you need to have the right gradient so that they can allow that
the line has a negative gradient. In paper 3 in 2012 June and 2013 Jan we were asked to explain how to determine the internal resistance and e.m.f and to answer both correctly you had to mention a line with a negative gradient and a y intercept so i think they're expecting the same answer?
Anyone had the final answer confirmed by a teacher?
Original post by GCSE-help
Anyone had the final answer confirmed by a teacher?

Hopefully, I willl get it confirmed today for sure :biggrin:
Reply 984
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Hopefully, I willl get it confirmed today for sure :biggrin:

Let us know asap please :smile:
Original post by x0x
Let us know asap please :smile:

I meant tommorow.. cause my physics lesson is tommorow. Very sorry for that mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
I meant tommorow.. cause my physics lesson is tommorow. Very sorry for that mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alrighty no sweat haha
I know it won't do us any good to find out what the right answer is but i don't want to remain curious 'till results day haha
Reply 987
Can anyone make a mark scheme seeing as the paper was posted ages ago?
Original post by x0x
Alrighty no sweat haha
I know it won't do us any good to find out what the right answer is but i don't want to remain curious 'till results day haha

Ok i asked...
On the last question my teacher said there would be choices. But it is more likely to be about the temperature increasing and resistance decreasing. You also have to mention about Power. P = I^2R

As it doesnt mention filament lamb, my teacher said if people mentioned R = V/I and commented.. We could get 1 mark :frown:

For the Diagram of the circuit. It was a series circuit. It was a series cause if 1 bulb was taken out then it is an incomplete circuit. Also for the third mark u have to say if it was parallel then it would melt the small bulb.

For the Graph to workout EMF and R. It was a negative linear line. ANd the line intercept on the y axis was EMF. and the gradiet is -r. IF u say this or annotate it and drew the right graph with the right equation. V = -r + E then my teacher said u will get the 5 marks.
Reply 989
Ok i asked...
On the last question my teacher said there would be choices. But it is more likely to be about the temperature increasing and resistance decreasing. You also have to mention about Power. P = I^2R

As it doesnt mention filament lamb, my teacher said if people mentioned R = V/I and commented.. We could get 1 mark :frown:

For the Diagram of the circuit. It was a series circuit. It was a series cause if 1 bulb was taken out then it is an incomplete circuit. Also for the third mark u have to say if it was parallel then it would melt the small bulb.

For the Graph to workout EMF and R. It was a negative linear line. ANd the line intercept on the y axis was EMF. and the gradiet is -r. IF u say this or annotate it and drew the right graph with the right equation. V = -r + E then my teacher said u will get the 5 marks.

i did mention that it was a series circuit but i don't remember whether or not i included your other deatils ( i rushed the question)
i did exactly as your teacher said for the graph question so i am hoping to get the 5 marks
I said that resistance increases and justified my answer using V=IR (rearranged it ) but i know there is a good chance that i am wrong and i didn't mention power so i am hoping for a mark :P
Thank you for your reply; i really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by x0x
i did mention that it was a series circuit but i don't remember whether or not i included your other deatils ( i rushed the question)
i did exactly as your teacher said for the graph question so i am hoping to get the 5 marks
I said that resistance increases and justified my answer using V=IR (rearranged it ) but i know there is a good chance that i am wrong and i didn't mention power so i am hoping for a mark :P
Thank you for your reply; i really appreciate it :smile:

I am happy to help. Also for the mcq the 1st one was d. And for the 2nd one she was confused. She said it could be a or d. I didnt have enough time to ask more as the break was over :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
I am happy to help. Also for the mcq the 1st one was d. And for the 2nd one she was confused. She said it could be a or d. I didnt have enough time to ask more as the break was over :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the second one must be D since it is a fixed height so it has to be considered
question 3 is really bugging all of us ... i think it is D but some think that it is C since it is a displacement time graph.For question 4 i put v/2 and the majority went with that. If you could check these with your teacher you will put an end to the discussion :P
That is if you can :smile:
Thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by x0x
the second one must be D since it is a fixed height so it has to be considered
question 3 is really bugging all of us ... i think it is D but some think that it is C since it is a displacement time graph.For question 4 i put v/2 and the majority went with that. If you could check these with your teacher you will put an end to the discussion :P
That is if you can :smile:
Thanks again :biggrin:

I think those r right. I put c for that graph too :frown:.. And I put v/2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
I think those r right. I put c for that graph too :frown:.. And I put v/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you ask your teacher about the graph one? Do you think it is D ?
Original post by x0x
Did you ask your teacher about the graph one? Do you think it is D ?

I think it's c. I haven't asked
I'm so happy I got the last question correct (although I guess we can never know for sure until we see the MS). Time to un-watch this thread :biggrin:
Original post by GCSE-help
I'm so happy I got the last question correct (although I guess we can never know for sure until we see the MS). Time to un-watch this thread :biggrin:

Good luck with the results...
Haha.. I'm still suffering from cognitive dissonance. The total voltage remains the same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Well .. good luck to everyone!
Reply 998
So what is the answer to the last question? does it increase or decrease? or does it stay the same
Reply 999
When is results day?

Latest