The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by BP_Tranquility
So high oestrogen inhibits FSH whilst high progesterone inhibits LH?

Posted from TSR Mobile

spot on :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Knowing
Section D is a new 10 mark section which is for data analysis and stuff like that - don't worry it's rather straightforward.

I don't need to revise it then? It's just simple maths?
Original post by Knowing
spot on :smile:

Ah, I see, thanks :smile:
One final confirmation- is the process I've drawn for the menstrual cycle in the picture correct? :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370855795.936872.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
gg gl hf

tazza
Reply 784
Oh my god, that specimen paper is horrible. OCR are smart, evil bastards. I hope the real exam doesn't have as many questions where you don't really know what they want you to talk about.

Anyway I'm going to school, good luck guys.
Original post by andersson
Oh my god, that specimen paper is horrible. OCR are smart, evil bastards. I hope the real exam doesn't have as many questions where you don't really know what they want you to talk about.

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why so early?
Reply 787
Original post by IHTWFR
Why so early?

Have a revision lesson beforehand
Original post by cameron262
I don't need to revise it then? It's just simple maths?

No it's not simple maths, it's basic common sense but do remember that the majority of the human population lack common sense which is why I also found it hard - the questions are very vague but the answers are implicitly placed in the context of the question.
Reply 789
Jesus, I just had a big poo...

how did the kidneys in dazzer19's body work to produce this? lol
Have a revision lesson beforehand

At least your teachers do that, our teachers think we should have pity on them as we were given study leave on the 17th May and we are still on study leave and don't have to come back into school.
Original post by dazzer19

Wow you're disgusting, learn some manners.
Original post by IHTWFR
No it's not simple maths, it's basic common sense but do remember that the majority of the human population lack common sense which is why I also found it hard - the questions are very vague but the answers are implicitly placed in the context of the question.

This is off topic but a friend once told me that intelligence in inversely proportional to common sense (intelligence increases, common sense decreases)...I think that applies to me as well lol :tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is off topic but a friend once told me that intelligence in inversely proportional to common sense (intelligence increases, common sense decreases)...I think that applies to me as well lol :tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I think that's true to be honest as even Einstein had his off days. Even though this moves towards the clumsy side but didn't he trip over LSD?
Reply 794
Original post by dazzer19

They don't - the liver is the one that produced that "big poo" of yours. The kidney just removes urea, salts, and water :smile:
Well i'm off to school now to do some intense revision. Good luck to everyone:smile:
Original post by sunshinebeem
Well i'm off to school now to do some intense revision. Good luck to everyone:smile:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha maybe that's the excuse I can use!

I got a* easily in maths but only an A in my ICT even though I've been obsessed with computers since I was like 2 years old because I was just going completely off topic and my teacher said I was giving them too much information and missing the point of the question even though I clearly understood what was going on.

Although ICT is pretty pointless, it's only really good if you want to do something which happens to use computers, not for programming which is probably what I'm likely to fall into.
Original post by IHTWFR
Honestly, I think that's true to be honest as even Einstein had his off days. Even though this moves towards the clumsy side but didn't he trip over LSD?

No idea, although I wouldn't be too surprised :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
wow.... nearly time...

any last thoughts??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending