The Student Room Group

A2-AQA GOV4A Politics 10th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

that was probably the worst politics paper I ever did :frown:

What did people write for the 30 markers on federalism and supreme court?
Reply 281
Original post by ineedtorevise127

I agree, it was very difficult. For supreme court I just wrote about public opinion before and during brown v boe limiting black rights, the politicization and just general stuff that I don't want to remember. It was hard to actually fit any good cases in to.
I didn't answer the constitution but I wish I did, it didnt look to bad. Congress was a nightmare, or at least the B question was, the committee question was expected and not too bad. There was very little that could be said for the B question and I mainly contrasted with the senate.
Reply 282
For the federalism question (assess the significance of federalism) was it asking for how federalism has developed, or was it more of an advantages/disadvantages question?
Reply 283
How did everyone find the gov4a exam today? I did constitution and congress, found them quite tricky tbh
Reply 284
The federalism question was stupid. Significance of federalism in what? I thought the president question was quite good, hopefully I made up for the lost marks in constitution there.
Reply 285
I thought the way the questions were worded was difficult, especially federalism, didnt know what it wanted by asking to asses the significance. Hopefully done better on the other paper because that was a bit of a disaster!
Reply 286
What did you include for the federalism question? I wasn't sure whether we had to show its pros/ cons or how it had developed!
Reply 287
Original post by ChrissM
For the federalism question (assess the significance of federalism) was it asking for how federalism has developed, or was it more of an advantages/disadvantages question?

It was just to talk about federalism eg) phases and then talk about federalism under Bush and Obama... (Just everything you know about federalism really..)
Original post by ksingh
What did you include for the federalism question? I wasn't sure whether we had to show its pros/ cons or how it had developed!

I just talked about reserved powers and how states can choose their own rules and stuff

but said federalism is not fixed then talked about different phases

such a crap question
what did people write for the judiciary essay?

I did not understand that at all I think I talked about the appoinmtnets process, judicial independence and initiation from executive e.g. eissenhower troops to end segregation
Reply 290
Oh that's alright then! I included stuff like that as well! The 30 mark question for congress was slightly odd as well. It was difficult to actually apply knowledge to it.
Reply 291
Original post by ineedtorevise127

For federalism I wrote about everything I knew about federalism: definition, phases and fed under Bush and briefly about Obama
For SC, I wrote about the checks that congress, president, constitution etc. have on the SC and then I went on to debate that despite the restraints, the court can still be effective due to the power of 'judicial review'.

It was quite a hard paper so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be low, don't worry :smile:
Original post by ILoveTehran
For federalism I wrote about everything I knew about federalism: definition, phases and fed under Bush and briefly about Obama
For SC, I wrote about the checks that congress, president, constitution etc. have on the SC and then I went on to debate that despite the restraints, the court can still be effective due to the power of 'judicial review'.

It was quite a hard paper so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be low, don't worry :smile:

This is what I did too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so the only question I really felt comfortable about was the 10 mark on bill of rights others just no comment... that hard
Reply 294
Original post by Hannahm1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :smile: I'm so glad Politics is done and over
Reply 295
For Federalism I wrote about how it changed like under different presidents and then evaluated the impact different phases had on states rights and the power of central government governent to assess the significance because didnt really understand the question. Looking back I still dont understand what I was meant to write.
The federalism question i thought was really good enjoyed that! I wrote about each phase of federalism and intertwined the benefits and problems attached with it. It was such as an open ended question I don't think you could write much wrong tbh. Hope for good marks on that

The executive question was nice although I fluffed it up a bit with my structure and I got a bit confused halfway through, but I still managed to get everything down. Ultimately said it doesn't really matter if a president is popular they still have a lot more power in f.policy and will become lame duck at the end; as well as the fact popularity doesn't last e.g Bush Iraq

The 10 markers were awful as I hadn't quite finished my federalism question just wrote as quickly as I could quick synoptic as thats always worth a mark explain the VP and the Bill of rights and some facts I could remember about them!!

Hope I did well need at least a B to get to were I want to go next year!!!
Reply 297
Ahhhh at first I thought it was a brilliant paper. I did constitution and Supreme Court. But now I just remembered that I forgot to say how federalism isn't a fixed concept but I did say about dual,cooperative and new federalism. I didn't mention Bush and Obama though :frown:((( I saw significance as purpose and spoke a bit about its importance. The Supreme Court question was kind of tricky because the constraints (I thought) didn't stop them from being effective apart from the face that Congress can change laws to bypass them (flag desecration act/amendment 16) and how the court can over turn itself (brown v board of ed and plessy v ferguson)
Reply 298
It was just to talk about federalism eg) phases and then talk about federalism under Bush and Obama... (Just everything you know about federalism really..)

Yeah that's what I put! I asked my teacher and he said that's what it was as well. Such a huge relief
Reply 299
Original post by Hannahm1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I was worried that it might have wanted just advantages/disadvantages, which I didn't do. Most people on here as well as my teacher are agreeing with what I did so I'm feeling pretty good about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending