The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by I Hate Edexcel
How?

Maybe it was something to do with (1-3x), from this you get x=1/3, but it may have lead people to think it was -1/3? If not then I don't know
Original post by The H
Maybe it was something to do with (1-3x), from this you get x=1/3, but it have lead people to think it was -1/3? If not then I don't know

I thought it was because they put it in the format (1-3x) instead of (-3x + 1) it was an early question and I know I was still making ridiculous mistakes on the first question because of exam nerves.
Reply 982
Who got B as +or- 1?
Original post by SqueakyMoose
I thought it was because they put it in the format (1-3x) instead of (-3x + 1) it was an early question and I know I was still making ridiculous mistakes on the first question because of exam nerves.

That's the same thing though, isn't it?
Original post by I Hate Edexcel
That's the same thing though, isn't it?

Probably :smile:
Original post by The H
Maybe it was something to do with (1-3x), from this you get x=1/3, but it may have lead people to think it was -1/3? If not then I don't know

i have no idea why i put b= -1 : surely there will be ecf right?
so i would lost 1 marks out of two for the first part, and then what about the rest marks?

due to that mistake i put 7/3ln2

and then later 7/3ln2 + 2 .... :frown: :frown: surely i won't lose like 5 marks out of 10 would i ??
Reply 986
Original post by A-New-Start
so i would lost 1 marks out of two for the first part, and then what about the rest marks?

and then later 7/3ln2 + 2 .... :frown: :frown: surely i won't lose like 5 marks out of 10 would i ??

Ecf should apply to the next few questions yeah

Don't worry - I'm sure they probably carry errors forward! It would be so mean of them to make you get the rest of the question wrong.
Reply 988
Original post by ryanc_95
to get an A* do you need an average of 90% of the marks across c3 and c4 (135/150) or do you just need 90% UMS?

180/200 ums so 90% ums
Reply 989
I've just realised the majority of everyone here is aiming for 90+ ums. Im talking to the wrong people xD
I think that it will be 52 for an A, 46 for a B, 42/41 for a C, if not it will be there or thereabouts
Reply 991
Original post by Jamie T
I've just realised the majority of everyone here is aiming for 90+ ums. Im talking to the wrong people xD

So was I this morning...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 992

count yourself lucky, by the looks of things I could lose 8/10 at least on question 8 because I made a mistake in the integration at the start.
Depressing how we work hard all year and get A*s on the past papers and then they throw us a stinker of an exam like this. It's not like we don't know the topic they're just trying to trip us up.
Reply 994
Original post by mmzz25
count yourself lucky, by the looks of things I could lose 8/10 at least on question 8 because I made a mistake in the integration at the start.

I think I got zero for question 8.
Reply 995
Depressing how we work hard all year and get A*s on the past papers and then they throw us a stinker of an exam like this. It's not like we don't know the topic they're just trying to trip us up.

Exactly

I know! In all the past papers I was fine. So annoying. The ones from 2006-2010 are ridiculously easy compared to the last few years. And they say A-levels are too easy!?
Original post by Jake011268
Does anyone have the Jan13 paper? If someone could email it me that'd be great :smile:
[email protected]
Only Need to get 82 UMS in this exam for the A*, but of course we all want that precious 100% :wink:

I've attached Jan 2013 paper and mark scheme :smile:
Reply 998
Original post by Jamie T
I think I got zero for question 8.

Well I'm just praying for low grade boundaries now, I know I've thrown away my A* but I want a A at least in this exam. got full UMS in the June 12 paper and A* in the Jan 13 mock but its impossible to predict really.
Reply 999
Although, pressure of exam conditions does make some papers seem harder

Latest

Trending

Trending