Oh GET IN THEN! :colondollar:
Original post by Angelfalls
Careful, I'll be holding you to that. :wink:

Hopefully you get the A :smile:!
Reply 862
Original post by sunshinebeem
I put that too :frown:

I'm pretty sure it was right :smile:

cus as the graph went down in bendiness it went up in concentration which shows the more concentrated the solution was, the more water that went into the potato making it more turgid therefore making it less bendy! :biggrin: think its right!
Reply 863
Anyone else got maths tomorrow non calculator??
Original post by dazzer19
Anyone else got maths tomorrow non calculator??

I do (OCR) :smile:
Need to go and revisit circle theorems so I can remember all of them tomorrow :rolleyes:
Question...

Wtf was that ****.on "spontaneous generation" or something?!??
Reply 866
For the potato chip graph question, I put A. When concentration of the SUGAR SOLUTION increased, more water diffuses from the potato cells to the solution outside - so whoever said that increasing concentration would cause the potato to have more turgor pressure is wrong I think.

Graph A was the graph that started from 0, then increased until it levelled off. I can't remember what B looked like, but I am sure it was wrong.

For vital capacity I got 3.9L... not 4L... so I don't know what happened there.

6 marker on the distance from P I put around 20-30km from P, though I agree lower distances like 10km is right too, it depended on your explanation I think.
I'm so confused.. well its only a mark anyway:redface:
Original post by Knowing
For the potato chip graph question, I put A. When concentration of the SUGAR SOLUTION increased, more water diffuses from the potato cells to the solution outside - so whoever said that increasing concentration would cause the potato to have more turgor pressure is wrong I think.

Graph A was the graph that started from 0, then increased until it levelled off. I can't remember what B looked like, but I am sure it was wrong.

6 marker on the distance from P I put around 20-30km from P, though I agree lower distances like 10km is right too, it depended on your explanation I think.

B went high, down low and levelled off.

Because no osmosis = bendy
Higher concentration = harder to bend

Until can't bend anymore than a certain point
I made a few silly mistakes like mixing vital and total lung capacities up on that question. I put A for the potato chip question.

otherwise i think i did quite well :smile: A* here i come :biggrin: *fingers crossed*

I think that the distance is 8 because that's where fish started to die.
Original post by Knowing

Original post by L'Evil Fish

Is that the graph that looked like a bell curve (was it upside down?)...?:smile:
Reply 871
I found the exam much easier than the specimen! Still can't get an A* overall though so I'll be happy if I get an A* in this particular exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Is that the graph that looked like a bell curve (was it upside down?)...?:smile:

Like 1/x ish
If that exam was easy.....it means that Chem or Physics will be extremely hard.
Original post by benwalters1996
If that exam was easy.....it means that Chem or Physics will be extremely hard.

It was only easy cause the B1,2&3 paper was really hard this year, it was also hard in physics so this paper shouldn't be too bad
I found c1,2,3 hard this year.....not looking forward to chemistry -.-
Reply 876
Original post by L'Evil Fish

The x-axis of the graph was sugar concentration.
The y-axis was degrees it bent. (so the higher up the graph, the more flexible the chip is)

Graph A starts at 0 on the y-axis, so there's no flexibility for distilled water, as water diffuses into the chip. As sugar concentration increases (as we move along the x-axis), less water diffuses into the chip, so there it is less turgid as we move along the x-axis. Therefore, flexibility of the chip increases, so it bends more degrees (so it moves up the y-axis).

Therefore Graph A should be right.
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I think I wrote 30km since that's where the amount of bacteria was the highest...but some friends gave a lower distance though. :smile:
I wrote 4 litres for vital capacity :redface:

Did anyone else do the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 30 aswell but I got 3.9 for capacity but im sure they will allow either
Original post by Knowing
The x-axis of the graph was sugar concentration.
The y-axis was degrees it bent. (so the higher up the graph, the more flexible the chip is)

Graph A starts at 0 on the y-axis, so there's no flexibility for distilled water, as water diffuses into the chip. As sugar concentration increases (as we move along the x-axis), less water diffuses into the chip, so there it is less turgid as we move along the x-axis. Therefore, flexibility of the chip increases, so it bends more degrees (so it moves up the y-axis).

Therefore Graph A should be right.

No... Difference is bigger, so more is absorbed by chip? Hence it bends less.
I found this exam so easy comparred to the combined exam last week! I got C for the potato chip graph and looking at this chat i think it's wrong haha; i just thought that the diffusion of sugar molecules would start of going high and it would then decrease but i'm not sure haha. I counted that i got at least 50 that were probably right. What would this be in the grade boundaries? Also if i got a B in my coursework C's in the other two individual exams what would my overally grade be? Would it increase if i got a B at least in this exam that we took today? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending