The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hiya! I'm holding an unconditional offer to study French & Arabic at Girton. Any other gap yearers about?
Reply 2821
Original post by Verity_Roat
Hiya! I'm holding an unconditional offer to study French & Arabic at Girton. Any other gap yearers about?

I know someone going to Robinson to do languages - he had a deferred offer and had to get some tough grades!
Original post by Verity_Roat

Gap year physnatsci at King's. :smile: You done much on your year out?
I've just started my exams and how jealous on the people with unconditionals I am.
Original post by bananarama2
I've just started my exams and how jealous on the people with unconditionals I am.

I've finished my exams...a week ago :lol: :aetsch::beer::evilbanana:
:party::party:
Original post by TheMagicMan

:pierre:

I hear they went alright though, after I looked up the aplha/beta system.

Don't come here regaling us with tales of may balls :l

Spoiler

Reply 2826

Hey man, quick question for you if you don't mind answering.

Are there any maths students in your college who got in after a gap year and reapplying?
Original post by CD315

Are there any maths students in your college who got in after a gap year and reapplying?

None of the freshers. Not sure about other years.
Reply 2828
None of the freshers. Not sure about other years.

Ah no worries. Thanks.
Reply 2829
Original post by CD315

Are you having second thoughts about not applying?
Reply 2830
Original post by Oromis263
Gap year physnatsci at King's. :smile: You done much on your year out?

Yay - another applicant for physnatsci at Kings - hopefully I'll see you next year (as long as I meet my offer)

Well done on the offer - an unconditional must be so unstressful (if that's a word)

My first of 11 exams is not until Thursday, at which point they're all in two weeks. You have it easy. :unimpressed:
Original post by DJMayes
My first of 11 exams is not until Thursday, at which point they're all in two weeks. You have it easy. :unimpressed:

Everything is relative :tongue: Considering M3 today, I don't think easy is what the next few weeks will be. But compared to STEP and all your exams, it'll be fine :tongue:
:pierre:

I hear they went alright though, after I looked up the aplha/beta system.

Don't come here regaling us with tales of may balls :l

Spoiler

The alpha system is cruel...one mark in one question can be the difference between a comfortable first and a 2.i

Speaking of May balls:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2834
Original post by _Georgie
Are you having second thoughts about not applying?

No idea what I'm doing yet :tongue:
Everything is relative :tongue: Considering M3 today, I don't think easy is what the next few weeks will be. But compared to STEP and all your exams, it'll be fine :tongue:

Do you mean the Edexcel M3 paper today? I will take a look at it tomorrow probably, I did it in January.
Original post by DJMayes
Do you mean the Edexcel M3 paper today? I will take a look at it tomorrow probably, I did it in January.

Indeed. My arithmetic is crap.
The alpha system is cruel...one mark in one question can be the difference between a comfortable first and a 2.i

Speaking of May balls:

Spoiler

Do the Natscis have the same system?

Trinity and Johns :rolleyes:
Indeed. My arithmetic is crap.

I look forward to seeing it, although I don't have the time to sit down and do it. :frown:
Original post by DJMayes
I look forward to seeing it, although I don't have the time to sit down and do it. :frown:

I can't really talk about it :tongue: Not until midnight.

Latest

Trending

Trending