The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else found this really hard??:frown:
Reply 881
Just to clear this up, what was the x-axis on the graphs question? Cheers.
Reply 882
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No... Difference is bigger, so more is absorbed by chip? Hence it bends less.

Not sure what you mean, but I'll just explain:

As we move along the graph from left to right, the solution the potato chip is placed in gets more concentrated with sugar. This means the concentration gradient is less steep, so there is less osmosis as we move from left to right. Less osmosis = less water inside the potato chip. Less water = less turgid. Less turgid = more flexible. More flexible = more degrees it bends.

Therefore, as sugar concentration increases, flexibility increases -> Line goes from low to high.
*overall grade
Original post by Angelfalls
Urgh, I found this exam SO hard. The revision guides were pretty much irrelevant (which sucked because I knew all those pages inside out.)

It's worth 40%, right? So if my other 60% is all A*, and I get, say, a C in this (worst case scenario)...will I still be OK?

Same!!revised so much for this exam nd yeah pretty much knew the revision guide inside and out!!60% is also a* for me!
Reply 885
Was the paper out of 85? If so, you would have to get 18 wrong to get an A. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by ellie97
Was the paper out of 85? If so, you would have to get 18 wrong to get an A. Thank you! :smile:

Not really (it's 17 using your workings) but it's not raw = 80%
Omg i made up the last question. I said that the population of India was more and more women had blood cholesterol than men meaning that his conclusion was wrong because less men may of been counted or something hahaha omg i felt so confident and now looking at others answers i'm not haha. The 6 mark questions were so easy especially the one on eutrophication! I counted about 50 and maybe more answers that i think i got right (if i counted properly haha), what would this be on the mark scheme?
Reply 888
Not really (it's 17 using your workings) but it's not raw = 80%

Ok, thanks:smile:. I know it changes according to the country blah blah blah, but was it defintley out of 85? I can't remember! I got A for the potato chip graph, and I said that eutrophication began at 10!
Original post by ellie97
Ok, thanks:smile:. I know it changes according to the country blah blah blah, but was it defintley out of 85? I can't remember! I got A for the potato chip graph, and I said that eutrophication began at 10!

I put B. And Same!:biggrin:

I'd say 60 is definitely an A*?
Everyone is putting different answers for the potato chip question :L

people have so far said A,B,C

any takers for D? :P
Reply 891
im thinking

60 - A*
47 - A
35 - B
27 -C
Reply 892
Will there be any answers published, I've seen people on here posting all the answers for an exam an hour after it's finished, is that likely to happen for this?
Original post by ellie97

I got C for the potato chip question but I also got that 10km was the eutrophication number for the distance because that was where the fish numbers started to decline :smile:

Woo we have at least 2 marks :tongue:
Reply 894
I put B. And Same!:biggrin:

I'd say 60 is definitely an A*?

Good! Yeah I think so! :biggrin:
I put A for the potato :/ and I didn't read the question on the 6 marks properly I answered the question but didn't put the distance of the factory. I thought section D was a bit odd as it didn't fit in. The question about the tree after 5 years I found that quite hard. But the rest was ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't like section D...
Reply 897
Exam went really well! :biggrin:

Wow negs...... :/ Haters gonna hate.:rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 898
Question...

Wtf was that ****.on "spontaneous generation" or something?!??

I've never heard of it before but the question was just about describing a simple experiment. I think I got 61 minimum but maybe 70+.
Original post by Red Fox
I've never heard of it before but the question was just about describing a simple experiment. I think I got 61 minimum but maybe 70+.

Max I got is 85 :lol:

But genuinely, I think my min is 59 and max is 70+

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending