The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananarama2
I can't really talk about it :tongue: Not until midnight.

I know that, I wasn't expecting you to. :tongue: Either way I'm sure you'll have done fine, you're the best non-mathematician mathematician on this forum. :wink:
Indeed. My arithmetic is crap.

I feel for you... I thought the paper was fine up until a stupid mistake near the end. As we're not really allowed to talk about it yet, let's just say... godammit 5m.
Do the Natscis have the same system?

Trinity and Johns :rolleyes:

I believe it is a unique feature of the maths tripos (although ia physicists who do maths with physics have their physics paper marked on an alpha-beta system)
Original post by jbc123
Yay - another applicant for physnatsci at Kings - hopefully I'll see you next year (as long as I meet my offer)

Well done on the offer - an unconditional must be so unstressful (if that's a word)

I believe we've already encountered one another on the freshers page! :smile: (If I am interpreting your initials correctly :wink: ) Pretty excited! Need to send off my module choices form within the next 2 weeks as I'm going away, for an incredibly stressful month travelling around Europe. :biggrin: Any idea what accommodation you'll go for?
Original post by DJMayes
I know that, I wasn't expecting you to. :tongue: Either way I'm sure you'll have done fine, you're the best non-mathematician mathematician on this forum. :wink:

Hey..!

Wait, no, I can't even argue with that. :wink: :tongue:
Original post by Oromis263
Hey..!

Wait, no, I can't even argue with that. :wink: :tongue:

I'm sorry, if you want that title you're going to have to take it from Bananarama, preferably in a duel. :biggrin:
Original post by DJMayes
I'm sorry, if you want that title you're going to have to take it from Bananarama, preferably in a duel. :biggrin:

With coins and an Eiffel tower. :evilbanana:
Original post by DJMayes

With coins and an Eiffel tower. :evilbanana:

Tycho Brahe style eh :wink: I'm sure there's a myth (definitely a myth) that one of the bridges on the Cam you can still duel to the death with permission... :wink: :tongue:
Original post by Oromis263
Tycho Brahe style eh :wink: I'm sure there's a myth (definitely a myth) that one of the bridges on the Cam you can still duel to the death with permission... :wink: :tongue:

Well I've only just found out there is a bridge nicknamed orgasm bridge....
Reply 2849
Original post by CD315
No idea what I'm doing yet :tongue:

Wait, am I wrong in thinking that you decided Cam wasn't for you and didn't apply? If I'm right, enquiring about applying next year instead is having doubts in my book! :tongue:
Since this is my first time in the system I don't know anyone who tried it but I do know that 'I am Ace' is planning on reapplying for maths next year :smile:
Edit: And LotF got in after spending some time at Durham doing something silly... (but I'm sure you know that already)
(edited 10 years ago)
Well I've only just found out there is a bridge nicknamed orgasm bridge....

Haha yeah, it's quite an effort actually, you don't expect it to be! Right next to one of the loveliest libraries in Cambridge... :moon:
Reply 2851
Original post by _Georgie
Wait, am I wrong in thinking that you decided Cam wasn't for you and didn't apply? If I'm right, enquiring about applying next year instead is having doubts in my book! :tongue:
Since this is my first time in the system I don't know anyone who tried it but I do know that 'I am Ace' is planning on reapplying for maths next year :smile:
Edit: And LotF got in after spending some time at Durham doing something silly... (but I'm sure you know that already)

Yeah, that was me. Silly decisions.

There have definitely been a few success stories on TSR. Not sure if that'll be me or not though :tongue:
Original post by _Georgie

I believe Farhan is a successful re-applicant.
Original post by DJMayes

Isn't Ben-Smith as well?
Reply 2854
Original post by DJMayes

Isn't Ben-Smith as well?

Farhan and Ben are the only maths ones I know of on here.
Trying to revise for my last two exams and there's a bloody band parade happening outside my window! Ahhh Northern Irish problems :frown:

Mind you, I do get to celebrate finishing by going to see the Game of Thrones exhibition in Belfast at the weekend! :yeah:

Good luck to everyone still doing exams :smile:
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Good luck to everyone still doing exams :smile:

Some of us still haven't had the opportunity to start! :lol:

(Good luck to you too :smile: )
Can someone explain what has been going on the FB group?
Original post by DJMayes
Some of us still haven't had the opportunity to start! :lol:

(Good luck to you too :smile: )

Thanks! I have M2 tomorrow and French on Friday - because of the way maths works (as you obviously know), M2 doesn't count for the A* and I only need about a D to get an overall A, and I hate mechanics, so the motivation isn't really there :frown:

(Hence me on the student room the night before)

Don't you have an unbelievable amount of exams in the next two weeks? Good luck for them all! STEP sounds horrible, but then I thought C4 was hard so I guess it's not really aimed at my demographic :colondollar:
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Don't you have an unbelievable amount of exams in the next two weeks? Good luck for them all! STEP sounds horrible, but then I thought C4 was hard so I guess it's not really aimed at my demographic :colondollar:

I have:

1) S3 - Tomorrow
2) G495 (Physics module, big 150 UMS one) - Tomorrow
3) C4 - 18th
4) M4 - 18th
5) STEP II - 19th
6) FP2 - 21st
7) S4 - 21st
8) FP3 - 24th
9) M5 - 24th
10) STEP I - 25th
11) STEP III - 26th

To be honest the amount of exams doesn't hugely bother me (4 are optional :lol: ) but I'll be glad to get them started as I've been in the limbo where everyone else has been doing exams but I haven't yet started. :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending