The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prepotency
Can you remember how many marks the 'find the co-ordinate where the line crosses the x-axis' in the parametric question? I think I wrote x=2, instead of x=-2, so the next part was wrong (I did the method right though).

This is where I lost my marks;

- Last part of the Vector Question. I just found length AC and wrote A=1/2absin(c). I'll probably lose all 4 marks though.

- I couldn't find the k value in the dh/dt thing, so that will be 1 or 2 marks lost.

- Then the silly mistakes in the parametric question have probably cost me 4 marks maximum.

Yeah same I used 2 instead of -2 I think it may be a follow through mark though because you used x and y which you found in the part before!
Reply 1181
Original post by Bord3r
I think I'm about the same as you, with a worse case dropping about 10 (should be less, but you never know). I need 92 for an A* so it is definitely possible. Still, was a tough exam.

aaah i need 92 for an a* too. for the last one i was in the wrong mode!:frown:(
and couldn't do the last part of the vectors question or the last part of the binomial expansion worth 2 marks. i can feel this a* slipping away :frown:
Reply 1182
Can you remember how many marks the 'find the co-ordinate where the line crosses the x-axis' in the parametric question? I think I wrote x=2, instead of x=-2, so the next part was wrong (I did the method right though).

This is where I lost my marks;

- Last part of the Vector Question. I just found length AC and wrote A=1/2absin(c). I'll probably lose all 4 marks though.

- I couldn't find the k value in the dh/dt thing, so that will be 1 or 2 marks lost.

- Then the silly mistakes in the parametric question have probably cost me 4 marks maximum.

2 marks to find co ordinates so assuming you got y=12 then you'll only drop 1.

You lost marks in basically the same places as me.
Only found one of coordinates of E, with no real workings (drop probably a couple)
I put 103ln2{10\over3}\ln2 instead of 113ln2{11\over3}\ln2 which will cost me a couple. :colondollar:
I also like, you, got k wrong in dh/dt (which is probably one, maybe 2)

I also used λ\lambda as the variable for the line between A and B, I hope this doesn't cost me, but it might. :rolleyes:
Original post by OmegaKaos
I think you guys are all being far too optimistic about the boundaries.
I really wasnt that hard of a paper, i had it all done in 20 mins other than the last part of the vector question.

FP3 was alot harder.
its probably going to be 65/75 for an A

20 minutes? If you're going to lie to show off, at least try to make it believable.
Original post by fizzbizz
From the part just before it, did you get C = 2?

1c was the question that wanted you to find C I just couldn't get it for some reason
If anyone can get the paper up I'll pay them £7.00
Anyone else get final answer as 4.25metres? :colondollar:
Original post by matt242o1552

I've got 365 centimetres.
I think i got 4.25 at some point, but then I realised my calculator is in degree.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bord3r
2 marks to find co ordinates so assuming you got y=12 then you'll only drop 1.

You lost marks in basically the same places as me.
Only found one of coordinates of E, with no real workings (drop probably a couple)
I put 103ln2{10\over3}\ln2 instead of 113ln2{11\over3}\ln2 which will cost me a couple. :colondollar:
I also like, you, got k wrong in dh/dt (which is probably one, maybe 2)

I also used λ\lambda as the variable for the line between A and B, I hope this doesn't cost me, but it might. :rolleyes:

I think the k value may only be one mark (but potentially 2, if they don't reward dh/dt). This is my reasoning;

dh/dt is one mark.
k is one mark.
a is one mark.

Well, I think you'll need like 62-63 for an A*, so hopefully you (and I) have gotten the A*. Good luck!
Reply 1189
I think the k value may only be one mark (but potentially 2, if they don't reward dh/dt). This is my reasoning;

dh/dt is one mark.
k is one mark.
a is one mark.

Well, I think you'll need like 62-63 for an A*, so hopefully you (and I) have gotten the A*. Good luck!

Yeah that was my thinking as well. I'm desperate for the A* (even if I don't need it for my university offer).
Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by emileeek
20 minutes? If you're going to lie to show off, at least try to make it believable.

I say 20, it was probably more like 19/19.5.

If i was going to lie i would come up with something far more entertaining. Like how i was abducted by aliens the night before, called out to assist the Avengers the morning of, and then still got there on time and finished it in 19 minutes.

I am being deadly serious when i say i had it done in 20 mins.
I think having done FP2 and FP3, the core stuff is just piss easy in comparison.

Dont be mad.
Original post by I Hate Edexcel
Don't worry - I'm sure they probably carry errors forward! It would be so mean of them to make you get the rest of the question wrong.

Time to change your name to " I hate AQA " lol :cool:

If i was going to lie i would come up with something far more entertaining. Like how i was abducted by aliens the night before, called out to assist the Avengers the morning of, and then still got there on time and finished it in 19 minutes.

I think having done FP2 and FP3, the core stuff is just piss easy in comparison.

Dont be mad.

I sat fp2.... core 4 was Defo harder than fp2..
Reply 1193

Dont be mad.

You trying to get neg rep right?
Reply 1194

Dont be mad.

I did fp2 and fp3. I still found this hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bornab3

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ I did FP3 today and it was piss easy compared to C4... WTH! :confused:
Reply 1196
Original post by fizzbizz
From the part just before it, did you get C = 2?

Yeah I got 2 for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1197
Original post by Hunarench95
^ I did FP3 today and it was piss easy compared to C4... WTH! :confused:

Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matt242o1552

I did, but its 3.65- kept my calculator in degrees instead of changing back to radians, youve probably done the same. Reckon we'll only lose one mark for that though as all the working out was right :colondollar:
Original post by bornab3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i found C4 easy, instead of all the hatred,

the word you guys are looking for is CONGRATULATIONS

Latest

Trending

Trending